*Waterson is a 1-6 underdog against Joanna: Is that right, logical?*

She is definitely the underdog, but I think 2 or 3 to 1 would be way more reasonable. Still not placing any bets.

Waterson is an rightful underdog. But I'm giving her more chances than ppl do. I think Joana Contender enjoys her new Instagram fame lifestyle a bit too much with her new fun bags (which do look awesome). So I can see Karate Hottie might get the upset.

If it was Prime Joanna Champion, I'd say the odds should be even more in her favor. But, we don't know what JJ will look like after the long lay-off and the meaningless "fight" at 125. Also, it's also hard to say what JJ's motivation will be like...or how hard she trained. She's not used to fighting non-title fights.

Waterson is constantly improving...but I can't forget how easily she was dispatched by Rose. And, I think Joanna has that level of striking. So...

Jarl

Joanna is -350 which are pretty goods considering waterson doesn't have a chance in hell

Rooting for Karate Hottie but I am afraid this gonna end like Joanna vs Esparza.

Overrated doesn't mean "bad". She could be a good fighter, but considered a great one, so she would be overrated. Definitely she is. People once believed she was gonna destroy Rose, and even Valentina when most people haven't heard of her.
i dont think anybody thought she was going to run over valentina but rose yes. still hard to believe

If I was a gambler I would pick Joanna any day of the week I see no feasible way for michelle to win in a million years.

I want Michelle to win but I don’t give her much of a chance at all.

andrade would still be the underdog against her. her style hasnt changed much since their fight

My hunny Waterson will pull the upset.

Maybe she shouldn't be THAT much of a favorite, but whoever says Joanna is overrated is a retard even by Sherdog standards.

Anyone who thinks Joanna isn't going to absolutely flog Waterson just hasn't watched enough of these two fighters.

Joanna is way fucking bigger. She's big for a SW. She recently fought at FLW. Waterson is small for a SW. She used to fight at atomweight.

Joanna is probably the second best striker in the division behind Rose, and there's a huge difference between those two and the rest.

Waterson's only possibly chance is if she can somehow get it to the ground, but she's never had good takedowns, and Joanna's always had great take down defense and footwork. If someone like Andrade struggled to get JJ down and could only hold her down momentarily when she did, then Waterson has no fucking hope herself.

I'm thinking of dropping 2k on Aldrich, Dern (need to see a bit of her opponent first) and Joanna to win. I was licking my lips the moment they announced Joanna vs Waterson.

JJ is not underrated. Not even nearly. She is poorly matched with certain people. But matches up amazingly with others.

Michelle Waterson is one the she doesn't match-up well. She has problems with strikers that can clinch and trip. Her stance is different than it is with pure strikers.

Waterson can kick her way in AND MISS and still get the over under and trip JJ... I can see it.

Put the house on her

rooting for watermelon. jj is a bad match up. great ttd and cardio to complement them hands.

JJ is not underrated. Not even nearly. She is poorly matched with certain people. But matches up amazingly with others.

Michelle Waterson is one the she doesn't match-up well. She has problems with strikers that can clinch and trip. Her stance is different than it is with pure strikers.

Waterson can kick her way in AND MISS and still get the over under and trip JJ... I can see it.

Put the house on her
as a waterson fan i disagree. michelle will be stuck eating jabs and kicks on the outside imo. shes still small for the division although she is strong. so she has to do more work at the end of the day. the energy it takes to get jj down and keep her there is gonna be bad news bears. michelle can kick but she is a grappler first. jj is very good against grapplers

JJ fans don't have anything to shout about with a win here, Waterson fans do, so I hope JJ smashes her.

Back