Weidman is done

Should The Chris retire?

• Total voters
As a big fan of his, he's not there anymore, which sucks to say. Best thing he could do is rematch Rockhold for a swansong type of fight, or take a break for a year, change his mind, recover, come back for a last shot but yeah, he's not getting younger, and his chin is crumbling by the day

Biggest hype jobs in UFC history:

1. Chris Weidman
2. Ben Askren
This just feels petty. Even if you don't like him, he DID win the title and defend more than once. HE broke Silva's That's a hype job to you?

At what point does a hype job become legit to you??

Biggest hype jobs in UFC history:

1. Chris Weidman
2. Ben Askren
Oh and, did you really feel UFC was hyping Ben Askren? Were you not there when Dana spent months sh!tting on the guy?

url

It was so obvious he was going to lose. Everyone saying his chin is gone has it wrong I think.

When some fighters get KO'ed they move with apprehension then throw leaping desparation punches with their chin wide open. Chris did exactly that.

The apprehension destroys the timing and the jumping into punches results in solid shots landing when you can't see it coming. It's not the chin it's not seeing the strikes coming at all that does it.

It's that herky jerky staggering movement that gives it away. Their body tightens up in the wrong places and they look like scared amateurs because they're afraid to get hit. This didn't happen to Silva, he's just slower.

Everyone talking like it's just the chin, it's not. It's the injuries. The physical decline has resulted in his technical ability not being anywhere near what it once was.

Anderson would have sniped him easier than Reyes did, if he fought that way in either of their fights. The guy overextended to a ridiculous degree with that right hand, then left himself wide open for the counter.

i like the chris,but i got to say,im getting concerned about him now. hes going the same route as bisping with his eyes.

Him and rockhold were considered to be the future of the sport and it was supposed to be a long lasting rivalry. Crazy how shit changes.

Everyone talking like it's just the chin, it's not. It's the injuries. The physical decline has resulted in his technical ability not being anywhere near what it once was.

Anderson would have sniped him easier than Reyes did, if he fought that way in either of their fights. The guy overextended to a ridiculous degree with that right hand, then left himself wide open for the counter.
Exactly. Anyone would get knocked out extending like that. Werdum was, Forrest was, Aldo was. Textbook lesson on what not to do in a fight.

When a chin is cracked, it is cracked.

Man we've seen this lesson a lot this year.

And the year before, and the year before that, etc. Still waiting on the wind from a punch to knock a past it fighter down, I know it's happening at some point.

I never thought Weidman's dad would be the one having to dress and feed him in 10 years, I figured it would be the other way around.

He should consider retiring or have a turn up fight. I mean he did beat Gastelum not long ago.

I said it numerous times here before and I'll say it again. Weidman and Holly Holm were specifically put on this planet to defeat two fighters considered literally unbeatable. Once that was done their purpose was served and now both of them are just marking time until death.

I admit I am a hater, but he has been KTFO so many times that I kind of feel bad for him now. Can't even find joy watching his KO losses anymore.

Maybe he should retire.

Hes just like luke...get brutally koed several times at 185...move up to 205 where they generally hit harder, and expect a new result. His chin is gone, he can either hang it up and work as a trainer or somethin . Or keep fighting for money and getting more and more cte every fight.
Luke has other career options and I'm sure he could find some too. Health is more important than money, but you do need money unless u are an off grid warrior. Dont think he can go that route so, train some guys or something. U were a world champion who beat anderson Silva 2 times when he was unbeatable. .. so that carries some weight.

His streak vs Munoz, Silva x2, Machida and Belfort has to be one of the best streaks put together by any fighter. All highlight reel fights too.

Back