Weidman's hype train will be derailed today

Where you at OPie

I already said it but I do it once more.

1)Machida gassed and was out of shape.
2)Chris got lucky that Machida was sick before the fight.
3)Machida would have finished Weidman in the 5th round but time ran up

I wouldn't say Chris is better. But that's my opinion. Rockhold would kill him to be honest.

I wouldn't say Chris is better. But that's my opinion. Rockhold would kill him to be honest.

what a fucking moron. "would have finished him in the 5th but time ran up" so....you mean he wouldnt have finished him in the 5th, but maybe 6th or 7th? something that doesn't exist? neat

what Ive come to expect from a juvenile with "pwnz" in their name though.

Just quoting to reflect the intellect level that this thread was originally built on.

Can't wait for that fight. I can't express HOW FUCKING PUMPED I AM. MMA needs a champion like Machida. GO LYOTO!

3374d6c346492e791ead7432a529671e.jpg

Excuses, excuses! Stay classy, you tool.

Chris Weidman's resume is outstanding.

3 top 5 fighters is outstanding?

He has 2 wins that are impressive, and one against a gatekeeper. I dont know that I would call that impressive.

I think people confuse "resume" with "potential"

His potential is absolutely impressive, but so far, his resume is kinda blank.

He's on the right path though. It looks like hes on track to fill it in with more impressive accomplishments. And dont take that as me saying beating Anderson and Machida is not impressive, because it is. But that doesnt put him in a boat with the greats.

He may get there, but he's not there yet. As of now his resume has 3 impressive things on it. One of which, isnt really that impressive.

not really, he is already there

Already there as in, he has equal accomplishments to Machida, Randy, Anderson, GSP, Vitor, JBJ, Chuck, BJ, Hendo, or even Cain?

Lets be honest here, Rich Franklin has a more impressive resume, and I dont hear any GOAT talk about him.

In all reality, His resume is no more impressive than Jens Pulvers.

As we all know, Chris' resume is not outstanding.

As we all know, you are utterly fucking delusional. And the very worst kind of fan. Weidman could go on an epic 10+ win streak and it won't be enough for you, of course as soon as he loses you'll be patting yourself on the back as if you called it. Because you are a hater.

As we all know, you are utterly fucking delusional. And the very worst kind of fan. Weidman could go on an epic 10+ win streak and it won't be enough for you, of course as soon as he loses you'll be patting yourself on the back as if you called it. Because you are a hater.

Dont take your frustrations with sherdog out on me bud, you got the wrong fuckin' guy.

Read my posts. All I have said about Chris thats negative is that he gets GOAT praise and he isnt on that level. That he has a lot of matchups that are dangerous to him, and he needs to get through them before he's worthy of some of the talk that circulates this board about him.

ALL of which is absolutely 100% correct weather you think so or not.

Munoz and Maia were both ranked 6.

Almost half of his fights were against top 10 fighters and he's looked pretty dominate in all of them.

Maybe you should go do some research.

Maia skyrocketed from 13th to 4th after a Dan Miller(#11) win so that his title fight would look legit. Anderson even complained about that before the fight. From there he continued to lose every single top 10 fight he got, as he had his whole career, only to fall only 4 spots by the time Weidman fought him.

Why Maia was ranked there when he doesnt have a single win over top 10 competition at MW in his whole career is something worth asking.

Munoz was a legit top 10 at the time, and thats why I give him that one. But Damian was riding hype from his bjj competition accolades. Everyone wanted to see what a guy with his level of jiu jitsu would do in MMA so he got a free pass into the top 10 without beating anyone in it to get there.

In Short, you're crazy if you think Maia was ever a legit top middleweight.

Munoz and Maia were both ranked 6.

Almost half of his fights were against top 10 fighters and he's looked pretty dominate in all of them.

Maia was ranked #6 at MW when Chris beat him but Munoz was actually ranked #3 (don't agree with it but hey, they were). Exactly half of Weidman's top wins in the UFC have been against Top 5 (not just Top 10) fighters. Both Silva fights, Machida fight, and Munoz = all Top 5 wins = 4 Top 5 wins. If we count #6 ranked Maia as Top 5'ish then that's more than half of his UFC fights have been against Top 5 MW's which is crazy. That's 4/8 or 5/8 UFC fights that were Top 5/Top 5'ish (in Maia's case).

Back