Werdum: rocked or faked?

xDogá

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In his last fight, Werdum seems to be rocked by Tyburas kick in later round. He really felted or faked like he did in Fedors fight?

giphy.gif

Rocked. Only Silva fakes being rocked... only to get viciously KTFO'd seconds later.

Live it seemed to stun him momentarily. In the Fedor example (and in other fights) he flops to the ground because he's inviting them into his guard, but I've never see him pretend to be hurt on the feet.

Werdum's chin is pretty good imo

The JDS uppercut would have ended everyone and he ran into Miocic's punch.

when he first started in MMA he'd fake like he was hurt all the time trying to get guys to come into his guard. you could never really tell if he was really hurt

It looks like he was anticipating a right hook that never came
He was just starting to duck and then stopped when no punch was thrown

Not sure if he was hurt. But it seemed to wake him up. It is a fight and you must be ready at all times.

I don't know. To me it looks like he's trying to move his head and he just looked incredibly awkward doing it. That or he was trying to catch a kick?

He doesn't strike me as rocked.

He does like to bait his opponents in doing that. He better hope a ref doesn’t stop a fight thinking he really is hurt...

nf4cbo.gif

Kick hits him near the ear which can mess up your equilibrium very badly or only momentarily. Not a Concussive effect just messes you up and if bad enough it is often followed up by a Concussion,

It looks like he was anticipating a right hook that never came
He was just starting to duck and then stopped when no punch was thrown

i agree. don't think he was rocked.

To me it looked like the kicked stunned Werdum momentarily but he recovered very quickly.

On a side note, I'm kind of surprised and honored at TS's av. It's one of the first gifs I ever made, back towards the beginning of the Incredulous Cormier thread.

eFxYxp8.gif

Looked hurt to me. When he fakes it its more exaggerated.

Hard to tell

Especially with it cutting straight away

Probably stunned

I think stunned is the correct call on this one. Not sure why a fighter would throw a head kick then back away so quickly. Seeing it in a gif makes the situation harder to read though.

I think the head kick actually stunned him a bit a few times

But not really anything serious. The problem with Werdum is that if he ever is stunned and the guy charges him, he can always just flop to his back and buy himself time to recover. I don't think he was anywhere near that point whatsoever.

I think he was a bit hurt but not that much like people were talking about

Back