Were you impressed with Jack Della Maddalena's performance?

Impressive performance by JDM?

• Yes

Votes: 89 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 125 58.4%

• Total voters
Not strange when you were following that everybody was turning that card down, due to taxes.
Sadly I know all about the taxes here in Australia. I paid $50,000 in tax last year.

Sucks for Della because he’s probably still on a Contender Series contract. I’m no expert on US Tax Law but I’m pretty sure as a foreigner earning in the US he would’ve been taxed 30% for the fight in Vegas by the US Govt anyway.

Holland would’ve been taxed 32.5% if he fought in Australia last week. And he’d surely be on a larger contract than what Della is.

Della has pushed too far up the rankings while still on a shit contract. Should’ve followed O’Malley’s lead and gotten highlight reel KO’s against unranked scrubs until his Contender contract was over.

787269-31174015.png

I thought it was going to go this way.

And I respect Holland as an active badass. He’s not a can or any other damn thing. He has great fights, and he’s getting paid.

I thought JDM would step up.

Not really. He said beforehand that he'd win this fight in the pocket, making it ugly for the taller guy in Kevin.
It worked out well for him against Hot Chocolate and Rude Boy, but you could see here that Kevin being fluid and a bit awkward made Jack hesitate.

He got many chances to step forward with an unconcerned Kevin kinda waiting for him, happy to just have fun and all that. But Jack avoided it,
and seemed pleased with just edging out the striking battle. Almost like the relaxed nature of Kevin fucked with him mentally?

Jack knew what he did though, so I guess you could be impressed with the calculated fashion he got the W, while feeling uncomfortable in there.

A little, yes.
Holland is a very good striker and hard to beat on the feet.

If his grappling is up to his strking level, he's future top 5 guy imo.

That's the problem, it is not.
Also, same problem for Kopylov.
Too bad, because they are both very good strikers.
Also, likeable!

Edit: Or maybe Bassil Hafez is just that good.
One thing is clear, Hafez has a hell of a chin.

Last edited:
I had high hopes for this fight, but it wasn't as good as I thought, seemed more like a light spar. Oh well. I didn't think it was a split decision either, I had Jack winning unanimous decision as he landed anything that was meaningful , both of them seemed hesitant, usually they throw a lot more

JDM is a smart fighter. He knows how to steal rounds. It is definitely not a showcase fight for him though.

He is a smart fighter and a dumb fighter jumbled together. These last two fights he has displayed some terrible fight IQ at times.

The way he would back Holland up into the corner almost at will, often times having Holland off balance and sometimes even with his back turned and then...do absolutely nothing was fucking weird.

I had high hopes for this fight, but it wasn't as good as I thought, seemed more like a light spar. Oh well. I didn't think it was a split decision either, I had Jack winning unanimous decision as he landed anything that was meaningful , both of them seemed hesitant, usually they throw a lot more

Ha47.gif

No.

Its never a good sign when a fighter consistently finishing opponents at the bottom of the division becomes consistently unable to finish opponents at the higher end of the division. Its usually a sign there is a hard ceiling on how far their current skillset will take them.

Look at Shavkat in contrast. He finished his opponents when he fought at the bottom of the division and continued to finish his opponents once he reached the top. The last opponent Jack knocked out was Danny Roberts, three fights ago, who proceeded to be knocked out in his next fight by a blown up featherweight.

He is a fun action fighter like Holland but nothing more.
I disagree with this whole premise. For example, Leon Edwards had four straight decisions heading into the first Usman fight. It's hard to finish the top guys.

Not many guys would outstrike Holland at 170 but the the problem for JDM isn't going to be striking with these guys, the upper ranks at WW will test his wrestling and defensive grappling. He looked comfortable against a quality striker, re-make the Brady fight and see if he's capable of beating an elite wrestler, assuming Brady's ready to fight in the next few months.

weird fight. He doesnt look like "the future" or anytthing. He punches well though

I expected him to win if it was a striking match. Grappling is what we need to see

No. They both looked very average. Like a glorified sparring session.

If either of these guys break the top5 at WW, it shows how shitty it is now.

Back