Rewatch Wesley Correira vs Tank Abbott back in UFC

Cabbage fought for the title, didn't he? In a low point of the UFC division. I'd have to go with Goodridge, but who knows. Cabbage beat Riggs, Eilers and Wiuff. Goodridge beat Frye, Bobish, Overeem, Bohlander.

Damn that’s a name I haven’t heard in forever (Cabbage). I thought this was an @Ogata thread for a minute.

Cabbage had a lot of great traits as a fighter, but he was not very skilled. He was too reliant on his toughness at the high level, and that only got him so far.

I think Big Daddy is one of the few fair matchups for him at that time.

They had some badass fights back then.

I remember when Tank beat that Hawaiian guy into convulsions. Did I get wood? Maybe. Don’t kink shame me. I also like women who dress like slutty dolphin trainers and wear those sexy cats eye glasses.

I think prime Goodridge takes him

Cabbage was a ufc title contender. He would have cleaned house in Pridefc.

They had a rematch 4 or 5 years later. It's actually Tank's best win.

Hory sht i had no idea after all these years Tank caught Cabbage in a rematch of that fight (UFC 45?) Where they had a post fight brawl.

Cabbage was the weaponised homer simpson chin of MMA before Mark Hunt

Cabbage was one of the most memorable fighters from my first few years getting interested in the UFC. Looked the part, tough as hell but just didn't have the skills.

They had some badass fights back then.

I remember when Tank beat that Hawaiian guy into convulsions. Did I get wood? Maybe. Don’t kink shame me. I also like women who dress like slutty dolphin trainers and wear those sexy cats eye glasses.
John Matua was his name and I actually met, and trained with him out of a garage in Orange, CA just before the millennium when I was a teenager. A relative of mine, who is now a 6 degree black belt in the same art he trained in, pumped up how he was going to destroy Tank and then that happened.
Safe to say that fight still haunts her “Dojo.” Lol

They had a rematch a few years later. It's actually Tank's best win.

Nah, Hugo Duarte (who was 4-0 in NHB with a long history of Luta Livre fights...supposedly the next big thing from Brazil) was probably Tank's best win. Cabbage was his best win after a 5-year layoff, when he was too old and out of shape to be fighting any more.

John Matua was his name and I actually met, and trained with him out of a garage in Orange, CA just before the millennium when I was a teenager. A relative of mine, who is now a 6 degree black belt in the same art he trained in, pumped up how he was going to destroy Tank and then that happened.
Safe to say that fight still haunts her “Dojo.” Lol
So what exactly did you learn in the fine art of Hawaiin bonebreaking?

Cabbage had a lot of great traits as a fighter, but he was not very skilled. He was too reliant on his toughness at the high level, and that only got him so far.

I think Big Daddy is one of the few fair matchups for him at that time.

plus his best punch was his left hook but he didn't really have any setup for it. he'd just throw it out there.

Back