What’s the coldest you’ve ever been?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now that fall is about to settle in. It's going to get much colder eventually in a few months. Just wondering when was the coldest you've ever been?

When I kid I went ice fishing with my dad and his friends and I couldn't believe how cold it was on the lake there. Man it must of reached around -40. It was really cold, lucky we had some fire that we made in metal box of some kind.

Only did it once and never did that again. lol

Last edited:
At a club once and these two chicks tried stealing our drinks and some cash , security saw their scam and kicked them out, the girls wanted me to say that they were with me and I just turned to the bouncer and said I don’t know these chicks, cold as ice

I’ve seen -60 at arctic mining sites with the windchill before. There’s days where it’s so bad conditions, each person is tied to the person before and after them to get places.

The money I’ve made from this stuff is the reason I’ve been able to set a good life up for myself and run my business however. You can’t work very long in that without needing to go stand in heat and you can’t use man lifts and stuff so it makes stuff way harder.

Last edited:
While living in Alberta I'm sure it was -35C multiple times. The coldest I've ever been was only -32C but I was wearing a very thin layer of cross country ski gear. My fingers almost completely froze and we're in pain just in the time from getting out of the car to put on the ski boots and get the gear set up.

I’ve seen -60 at arctic mining sites with the windchill before. There’s days where it’s so bad conditions, each person is tied to the person before and after them to get places.

The money I’ve made from this stuff is the reason I’ve been able to set a good life up for myself and run my business however. You can’t work very long in that without needing to go stand in heat and you can’t use man lifts and stuff so it makes stuff way harder.

-60? Wow that's insane. I can't even imagine working in those conditions.

In an incident which I have described on this forum once I got into Calgary after public transport had stopped and chose to walk across town instead of getting a taxi. It was below -30 / -22 and I wasn't wearing warm enough clothing. I had to walk with my gloved hands up over my mouth and nose but still got some mild frostbite, peeling skin on my face and on my thighs.

A few times when I used to play rugby (in the UK) it was maybe only somewhere between 0 / 32 and -10 / 14 but with wind and snow my hands turned purple and I had to bang on the door to be let in as I couldn't operate the combination lock. I also had to wait for my hands to warm up to untie my shoelaces.

Last edited:
-60? Wow that's insane. I can't even imagine working in those conditions.
You can’t really do anything. Most sites shut down operations at -45 to -50ish or around there depending. I’ve seen it though a couple of times.

You’ll basically work for 20 minutes then go stand in a tarped off area, in front of a Herman Nelson to warm up for 30-40 min.

1924737.gif

New Year's Eve in Time's Square. One of the coldest on record. Windchill was just below 0. Stood out in that shit from 4 PM to 12. Absolutely miserable and one of the worst experiences of my life. Even without the cold, it sucks.

can't come close to the canada guys, but while i've worked in minus 12C and had to step outside in minus 22C, coldest i've been wasn't even a minus temp, it was maybe around 1C or 2C, and wet, i just couldn't get a heat inside my body, iirc after my shift it took me the car ride home and another hour or so in my house to feel comfortable.

Probably around -45C with wind chill.

She gets snappy up here in Canada.

Went to visit my family in Calgary during the winter. It was something like -30 degrees Celsius.

Back