What am i not getting with Joe Rogan and crew' as comedians?

I don't know much about the "crew", but Segura at least has his own style and doesn't really belong in that group. He is successful on his own and his stand-up is better than the others combined, including Rogan.

The others I agree with. Mostly just leech off Rogan's audience.

Rogan's stand up isn't funny, I love his pod and mostly like his commentary.

Is Matt Rife a friend of Joe’s? Because his comedy is almost up there with Schaub’s.

Joe Rogan and the crew of his which consists of Tom Segura, Bert Kreisher, Schaub, Callen etc. They are comedians, yet they just aren't particularly funny from the standup i have seen of theirs. Does anyone else here find them less funny than they first imagined?
joe rogans stand up is really terrible even. i dont get the appeal either.

Joe Rogan and the crew of his which consists of Tom Segura, Bert Kreisher, Schaub, Callen etc. They are comedians, yet they just aren't particularly funny from the standup i have seen of theirs. Does anyone else here find them less funny than they first imagined?
Have you come to the conclusion that they are not funny? If so, then you are not really, "not getting" anything.

Yeah but they're not part of his inner circle. Tony Hinchcliff or Bryan Callan have been on probably over a hundred times. Nobody would know either guy without Rogan.
maybe
I got some kill Tony vids on my YouTube feed and didn't hate them, in particular his running insult war with David Lucas was entertaining.
started watching David Lucas roast battles and his kill Tony apoearences
all without a single clue it was related at all to Rogan
till they had an episode with Rogan and they all benter over backwards to not insult Rogan
still don't find Rogan funny it have any interest in his podcast

but I did find Tony hinchcliffe without being into Rogan

I think if you’ve got a wife and kids then Burt kreischers material about his family will land for you. Personally his special “secret time” is one of my favorite.

Tom’s got some good material out there, but his “poor people are stupid” schtick is losing him friends.

The funny thing about Rogan is how fervently he defends the art and community of stand up comedy despite being so terrible at it.

Callen is stale, but knows his craft. Schaub has over 100k thousand fans in his subreddit. Talmbout a real road dog, B.

Its funny, I like them all as podcasters and as guests. But am not a huge fan of any of their stand ups. Each oth them have funny clips, but never enough to fill a whole special.

I think Tom Segura is decent. Bert Kreischer is ok too, but his shit is all about having kids, which gets annoying.
But I think standup comedy is just over saturated right now. I rarely enjoy it as much as I used to. And I don’t think it’s that it has somehow gotten worse. It’s just that I’ve seen so much of it I’m a bit burned out I guess.

I enjoy just about everything the JRE crew puts out. Cool thread though.

In my view they are all pretty mediocre as comedians, with Segura being the tallest midget of the group. And Schaub is just terrible. He is a semi-talented athlete who has gotten way more opportunities than he deserves by swinging from Rogans nuts.

Back