Movies What are Brad Pitt's best and worst performances?

Hands down the best Male Actor of our time followed by DiCaprio.

This dude had a movie run like nobody else and crushed all the pussy in Hollywood, threatened to kill Harvey Weinstein and has never been involved in any real scandals.

He's a man's man in the wimpy world of Hollywood which is something to say.

Show me a better career than this:

Thelma & Louise *
Cool World
A River Runs Though it*
Kalifornia*
Inverview with the Vampire*
Legends of the Fall*
Seven*
12 Monkeys*
Sleepers*
Seven Years in Tibet*
Meet Joe Black*
Fight Club*
Mexican
Ocean's Eleven *
Fight Club*
Snatch*
Troy*
Ocean's Twelve
Mr & Mrs Smith
Ocean's Thirteen
The Assassination of Jesse James
Burn After Reading*
The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttin*
Inglorious Bastards*
Money Ball*
World War Z*
The Big Short*

That's a very respectful career, no doubt.

in an industry with terrible Irish accents, Brad pitt knocked it out of the park in Devil's Own. easliy one of his most overlooked performances.

Worst performance was in The Devil’s Own with Harrison Ford. Horrible movie and horrible Irish accent

Good thing about Pitt is that he stays in his lane when it comes to his acting abilities. I was reading an interview where he said he can’t do what Christian Bale or Tom Hardy can do on screen. That’s a pretty humbling thing for a superstar of his caliber to say

12 Monkeys is his best pure acting performance imo

in an industry with terrible Irish accents, Brad pitt knocked it out of the park in Devil's Own. easliy one of his most overlooked performances.

I'm givin' er all I got , Captain.

One that he was not good in was Se7en. I rewatched it recently and Morgan Freeman acted circles around him. Actual worst performance is obviously something early like Cutting Class though.

I love the movie and he was nominated(or won?) an award for it, but his 12 Monkeys performance was pretty overrated and honestly not very good.

If I met somebody acting exactly like that, I would think they were faking it. Bruce Willis on the other hand, nailed it.

I think that was just the first time Brad Pitt attempted a “performance” and people went crazy for it. He definitely got better though.

I would say his best work was Aldo Raine in Inglorious Basterds as far as character acting.

Despite his looks, Brad Pitt has a good every man quality to him that makes my favorite performances by him stuff like Moneyball and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood where he’s sort of just Brad Pitt.

Loved him in:
Fury
Bastards
Oceans 11
Bullet Train
Seven
B Button
But THE BEST is SNATCH

Worst:
Troy
Cool World
Yeah Troy
But that movie was cheesey all around and hasnt agedwell Sorta reminded me of Costner in Robinhood or Waterworld

OP is correct on Kalifornia. He was so good in that and I remember an interview at the time where they asked him how he came up with the accent and he said he just mimicked the guys he grew up around haha

Worst was Meet Joe Black, probably. I liked Inglorious Basterders, but didn't think that weird foghorn leghorn character was very good. The movie was mostly good because of Christophe Waltz.

All his good roles are character actor roles where he isn't the star (Snatch, Kalifornia, Burn After Reading, 12 Monkeys, etc.), but almost all the roles in which he is the star he is bland as heck.
He is a master at picking the right projects though; Pitt, Cruise, DiCaprio, and Channing Tatum when he was a big star all have pretty limited range as lead actors but really know how to pick top shelf projects with big time directors.

Back