What are some fights that you knew the outcome soon as it got announced?

I suggest a better question is: "what are some fights you knew the outcome as soon as it was announced.....and were wrong"?

I'll start with: Couture v Sylvia, Cro Cop v Gonzaga, Griffin v Shogun I, Heath Herring v Jake O'Brien.

I blew it like a semi... "toot toot" is for rookies. Whippy McGee is a fight picking legend.

Read the top link to the Rousey thread... you will laugh... it's funny.
Legendary indeed. I was kinda off the 'dog at the time so I dodged alot of the Ronda/Conor insanity in the early to mid '10s. That shits just as if not more than extreme Conor bois. I told my friend that day "I think Ronda will win but if Holm kicks her in the head it's all over." Obviously she was pieced up before that but still.

Conor vs Khabib.
Lesnar vs. Overeem.
Masvidal vs. Usman 2
Valentina vs. Everyone.
RDA vs. Pettis.
Edgar vs. Penn.
Cain vs Lesnar.
Jones vs. Shogun.
Ronda vs. Nunes.

Anderson vs Franklin 1 for me. I got a lot of flack from my buddies at the time, but after seeing Leban be unable to even touch him, I knew Anderson was next level

Every now and then you have some straigt safe bets, the last was Tuivasa against Hardy, although HW it was safe ti bet the house on it.

Woodley vs Lawler.

I didnt think it would be a clean KO in the 1st, but I really did think Woodley would beat him and make it look quite easy. Not sure why, his wrestling and power i think would have pushed Lawler into an uncomfortable position

Shogun would outstrike Machida. I was right, too bad the judges sucked.

Anderson vs Franklin 1 for me. I got a lot of flack from my buddies at the time, but after seeing Leban be unable to even touch him, I knew Anderson was next level

Franklin must have been walking around with 2 souls, because Anderson took his soul twice... when he shouldn't have had a second one to give.

As soon as Barao vs The Snake was announced, I picked Barao to nuke Dillishaw. We saw how that turned out.

So basically I know nothing for certain.

Back