what are the odds of prime Liddell beating jones?

2005-2006 Chuck got fucking whooped by Rampage.

not to mention the all around superior pride scene at the time vs the utter all around garbage UFC LHW division during the time. Prime chuck was fighting grapplers tailor made for his style to destroy. He was trading losses with 40 year olds and exposed semi pioneers like tito. Neither guy is really known for very much immediate danger as far as Knocking you out standing so chuck was just free to swing wild with reckless abandon against them. We all saw how his extremely low fight IQ style worked out once he very abruptly had to face a non trash tier LHW division.

Duel pride division champ prime hendo would have likely laid him the fuck out. Pre knee fuckery prime Shogon would have made the beating he got look like a massage. Juiced pre broken wandy probably would have beat him. Reem was kind of putting on a clinic till he just gave the fight away like he's known to do. Reem and randy are prime chucks 2 best wins, 1 of which looked arguably flukey, n the randy that came back n won the HW belt probably would have won a theoretical 4th chuck fight.

this punch looked weak too.
66z2n7.jpg

Dat iron chuck chin came from a world where unicorns fly

Last edited:
He doesn't even have a puncher's chance.

Jones' chin is fucking iron; it's the most underappreciated aspect of his abilities. The dude's been hit by hard shots from Gus, Cormier, TRT Vitor, prime Machida etc. and has never been rocked.
Rashad wobbled him

About as much as Glover had, I see the fight going much the same way.

I can imagine them both partying the night before... together

You mean the same lidell that got destroyed by rampage jackson 2x? haha...

And I think a lot of people never saw the fight they had in Pride. Just the quick KO in the UFC. The Pride fight he was beat down over a long fight before it was stopped. Thrown around, and outstruck. Rampage got on top of him and punched him until Chuck's corner threw in the towel..

And I think a lot of people never saw the fight they had in Pride. Just the quick KO in the UFC. The Pride fight he was beat down over a long fight before it was stopped. Thrown around, and outstruck. Rampage got on top of him and punched him until Chuck's corner threw in the towel..

Absolutely...Dana thought his fighter could easily go over to pride and win...lidel did have some success.beating oveream.. but rampage put a total ass whoopin on him...

Dana thought his fighter could easily go over to pride and win...lidel did have some success.beating oveream.. but rampage put a total ass whoopin on him...

No doubt about it, Rampage is the better fighter than Liddell...but that's what makes Forrest's win over Rampage in Rampage's prime so weird. I would never consider Forrest the better fighter than Liddell, but he was able to pick Rampage apart and get the win...something Liddell probably never would have been able to do against Rampage. MMA math doesn't work. Having said that, Rampage still has the better resume than Chuck though.

Absolutely...Dana thought his fighter could easily go over to pride and win...lidel did have some success.beating oveream.. but rampage put a total ass whoopin on him...

I just went to Fight Pass to watch that, it had been a few years since I had seen that fight. That 10 minute first round killed Chuck. He fought Rampage even for the first 5 on the feet, but from 6 minutes on it was all Rampage coming on with heavy punches and did some damage on the ground. Rampage was really used to that pace for 10 straight minutes being a Pride vet at this point. Chuck was tired and looked weary after the round.. 2nd round Rampage forced a very tired Chuck to the ground and finished it.. High pace and fun, but mostly dominant from Rampage..

Let's see... Chuck was in his prime circa 2004-2006? That would put JJ at around 16-18 years of age...

Pretty close fight to call, IMO.

Liddel gets poked in the eyes trying to close the distance and gets his knees kicked in when he backs up. Jones by decision.
Chuck gets poked trying to close the distance with his own eye pokes cause Jon has a longer reach.
Let's not forget Liddell was a notorious eye poker himself. Eye poked Randy and Tito just before be knocked them out and he poked Tiger White too

He doesn't even have a puncher's chance.

Jones' chin is fucking iron; it's the most underappreciated aspect of his abilities. The dude's been hit by hard shots from Gus, Cormier, TRT Vitor, prime Machida etc. and has never been rocked.
the rumble fight never happened........................ fuck you jones

Depends on whether Chuck follows the gameplan and uses more kicks or not.

Jones standing choked Lyoto and keylocked Vitor, two legit black belts. If he can do that he can deal with Chuck in a variety of ways. Likely it woud look like the Glover fight with Bones beating Chuck 50-45.
Honestly, those are examples of two not-so-legit black belts, or guys whose bjj didn't translate well into MMA. Vitor being probably the better of the two.

Back