What are you playing? v.10 (Red Falcon Edition)

Your Super Contra gun of choice?

• Machine gun (Highest ROF, 6-bullet on-screen cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I installed the demo. Should I play through it?
Not play it through, IMO, but just fire up and have fun on the first mission available. It’s pretty rough and am surprised I was so good at this when only a kid, lol.

With games the sort, the nice thing in lacking depth is you can tell if it’s for you by just playing for 10m, TBH.

Reception I’ve seen has been overwhelmingly positive. Happy for devs. You love to see it.

Finally got around to starting Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Having a blast with that. Also playing Maneater with my 8 year old son. Super repetitive but we're enjoying it. And last, watching my 4 year old daughter play the Bluey game. She's loving it.

Have to say i'm absolutely loving Blasphemous 2, so much so that i'm considering reinstalling Blasphemous to replay after i'm done with 2.

Absolutely adored the sisters and their "Find sisters!" leader from the moment i saw them. Milk daddy is cursed though, and i could do with forgetting him, but he's burned into my retina at this point. Par for the course when you play Blasphemous 1/2 though so i only have myself to blame.

Quick one.

Looking to play a few games - are the following any good?

Diablo 4
UFC 5
RE 4 remake

Thanks as always Shertards

Edit: Having a go at Borderlands 3 :)

Last edited:
I'm about 50% through Ultros. There's some things I like about it and a lot of things I hate. It's unfortunate that it has one of the most unique leveling systems AND a really neat attachment that adds (could add) a ton of versatility if the game had more ways to utilize it. The game suffers from being extremely opaque in both it's story telling and instructions. There is a rouge-lite element to it that has you reset to zero after every boss battle. It's frustrating that you work for these abilities only for them to be taken away a short while after.

The gardening mechanic, while awesome, isn't explained very well. This is a mechanic that is needed to proceed to different areas. So, you'll find yourself planting seeds into area's that are wrong. Of course you won't know it because they don't tell you in the description what the plant does and they use these obscure names. This means you'll more than likely need a notepad to remember which seeds plant which trees after you figure out what the puzzle will be.

Healing and leveling up is done through eating bug meat and fruit. If you want a new ability or passive, you need to eat a combination of meat / fruit that equals the amount of Exp needed for the level up. Combat is interesting and ties right into the leveling system. The game awards you for mixing up combos and reducing button mashing by giving you 'Perfect' meat after you defeat an enemy. If you button mash there is a reduction on health and exp gained as your meat wont be as good. The combat itself isn't anything ground breaking. Enemies / bosses are easy (too easy) and they repeat throughout the game.

Level design is ok, but again, the planting mechanic is confusing. You will find yourself stuck planting the wrong things. I do really enjoy the visuals and music but I can understand why some would think it's overbearing.

Overall I think the leveling system, the planting mechanic and Ultro's attachment brought some fresh new and (dare I say) groundbreaking ideas to the MV genre. But the confusing story, the confusing level design and lack of any real threat knock this game down a few notches. I also wasn't a fan of blending rouge-lite and MV aspects in this game. I'm open for it in the future, but I didn't like it here.

6.5/10 (so far but I don't see it changing)

It looks like it has some roguelite elements which is right up my alley
Mixing MV's and Rougelite's could be a tricky endeavor. I'm not opposed to it, however, I wasn't a big fan of it in Ultros (many weren't as well). Although they did give you an item to retain some abilities / passives. It'll be interesting to see how they bring it together.

Picked up Dark Forces Remaster. Three missions in so far and am enjoying it. Frankly I love these remasters by Night Dive, I hope they keep ‘em coming.

I guess a lot of people are pissed about the price tag for this one however compared to some of Night Dive’s other releases, as I think this is like 2-3X as expensive as Quake II Remastered was when it released in August. Maybe it’s more expensive because of the Star Wars license? Whatever, I don’t mind, $40 Canadian is still a heck of a lot cheaper than a new PS5 release which is $90 Canadian these days, and being the nostalgic, sentimental fucker that I am, I’m sure I personally am getting more enjoyment out of this than I would most of the stuff coming out these days.

Mixing MV's and Rougelite's could be a tricky endeavor. I'm not opposed to it, however, I wasn't a big fan of it in Ultros (many weren't as well). Although they did give you an item to retain some abilities / passives. It'll be interesting to see how they bring it together.
Have you tried Dead Cells? Perfect Metroidvania roguelite imo.

Have you tried Dead Cells? Perfect Metroidvania roguelite imo.
Yea, I've beat DC quite a few times. It's a fun game. While it has some MV aspects to it, it lacks gated backtracking and an interconnected world. Not to mention you lose map progression when you die. Personally, I enjoy MVs much more than I do Rouge's but I'd be open for a game that can mix the two in ways I would like. (Ability keeping, gated areas, strong interconnected world etc).

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Played it for a bit when it came out, but I was just coming off of "Yakuza:0", so I couldn't really get into it(too much of a good thing), although, I recognized the quality that was there.

It's got me by the balls now. This series is so damn underrated in it's presentation and storytelling. "Metal Gear Solid" gets all the praise for it's long winded, cut scene heavy stories, but this franchise is just as good in that regard. It's main campaign is movie quality. Not one wasted line of dialogue, and the way they construct it, is so damn cinematic with all aspects firing on all cylinders. It could be a movie. It's that good. It reminds me of a lot of 90's games, where you would play it, just to see the next cut scene. And they seem to be able to pull it off in their sleep. From "Yakuza 5" and on, I haven't noticed any kind of drop in quality, and they're now coming out at a ridiculous clip, and I haven't heard anybody complaining about it dipping in quality. Whoever is directing this shit, knows movies.

Gameplay is great, and they so effortlessly made a very robust and fun JRPG system. A bit grind-y at times, but what JRPG isn't? The side stories are as wacky and fun as ever, and I just love how it's a real true blue Japanese franchise, where they don't give a shit about western sensitivities. Anything goes, and it's so wild and fun because of that. It could do with some evolution in it's mini-games(I'm a little tired of arcade games and karaoke mini-game), but they did add some new fun ones as well.

The story is the hook though, and man, it's real good. I also think they've given a little wink/jab to Hideo Kojima in there as well, as the character(who is a bum) looks exactly like him, and he's always hiding(or coming up with reasons to hide) in cardboard boxes, LOL.

Finished TUNIC on Switch.
Fuckin LOVED IT, especially the goddamn music, holy shit.

So, after being like forever in my library and something I'll eventually play, I've finally sunk a chunk of time into Fallout 4. I'd say about 6 hours.

All i can say is so far I am HATING it. I really liked 3 like 9.0/10 at the time. I enjoyed New Vegas tho not my clear favorite like it seems to be for many. So I thought I was going to like this but so far, hell nah.

The graphics suck.
The enemies are lame, repetitive and spongey.
The focus on sanctuary building seems lame as fuck because the stuff you create just looks like lops of shit from a junkyard.
The story outside of the intro seems repeat lame faction fare. So yawn, I don't give a shit about any of the characters.
The item collecting seems outrageous, I already bypassed the stupid carry weight limit before slowdown gimmick. Who the fuck wouldn't for a game that seems so centered on exploring around to collect little stupid pieces of shit so you modify your shit nail firing bullet sponge weapons and armor.
Throwing gernades suck. Picking locks is the same crappy minigame as always. Debugging PCs the same issue.
The perks system seems overwhelming and too many perks/iterations.
Dialogue and dialogue options all seem rather cosmedic or different ways of saying the same shit to get to the same place.

Tell me bros, I know it was popular enough many of u played, is it worth sticking with, does it somehow get better? Or should I maybe look for console modes to get overpowered weapons and breeze through it?

Right now I'm like rating 3.5 out of 10 which is territory so low it's rare I ever get there for anytnign I play.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon

Played it for a bit when it came out, but I was just coming off of "Yakuza:0", so I couldn't really get into it(too much of a good thing), although, I recognized the quality that was there.

It's got me by the balls now. This series is so damn underrated in it's presentation and storytelling. "Metal Gear Solid" gets all the praise for it's long winded, cut scene heavy stories, but this franchise is just as good in that regard. It's main campaign is movie quality. Not one wasted line of dialogue, and the way they construct it, is so damn cinematic with all aspects firing on all cylinders. It could be a movie. It's that good. It reminds me of a lot of 90's games, where you would play it, just to see the next cut scene. And they seem to be able to pull it off in their sleep. From "Yakuza 5" and on, I haven't noticed any kind of drop in quality, and they're now coming out at a ridiculous clip, and I haven't heard anybody complaining about it dipping in quality. Whoever is directing this shit, knows movies.

Gameplay is great, and they so effortlessly made a very robust and fun JRPG system. A bit grind-y at times, but what JRPG isn't? The side stories are as wacky and fun as ever, and I just love how it's a real true blue Japanese franchise, where they don't give a shit about western sensitivities. Anything goes, and it's so wild and fun because of that. It could do with some evolution in it's mini-games(I'm a little tired of arcade games and karaoke mini-game), but they did add some new fun ones as well.

The story is the hook though, and man, it's real good. I also think they've given a little wink/jab to Hideo Kojima in there as well, as the character(who is a bum) looks exactly like him, and he's always hiding(or coming up with reasons to hide) in cardboard boxes, LOL.

Yeah, the story and the characters are why I consider the Yakuza/LaD series to be my favourite gaming experiences ever. I've been able to connect with pretty much all of the characters, get the emotional highs and lows that the game wants me to have.

I found the combat in LaD to be a bit dull, but Infinite Wealth made a few tweaks to it that made it a lot more enjoyable. Being able to move your character, using range and angles, made it a lot more engaging.

So, after being like forever in my library and something I'll eventually play, I've finally sunk a chunk of time into Fallout 4. I'd say about 6 hours.

All i can say is so far I am HATING it. I really liked 3 like 9.0/10 at the time. I enjoyed New Vegas tho not my clear favorite like it seems to be for many. So I thought I was going to like this but so far, hell nah.

The graphics suck.
The enemies are lame, repetitive and spongey.
The focus on sanctuary building seems lame as fuck because the stuff you create just looks like lops of shit from a junkyard.
The story outside of the intro seems repeat lame faction fare. So yawn, I don't give a shit about any of the characters.
The item collecting seems outrageous, I already bypassed the stupid carry weight limit before slowdown gimmick. Who the fuck wouldn't for a game that seems so centered on exploring around to collect little stupid pieces of shit so you modify your shit nail firing bullet sponge weapons and armor.
Throwing gernades suck. Picking locks is the same crappy minigame as always. Debugging PCs the same issue.
The perks system seems overwhelming and too many perks/iterations.
Dialogue and dialogue options all seem rather cosmedic or different ways of saying the same shit to get to the same place.

Tell me bros, I know it was popular enough many of u played, is it worth sticking with, does it somehow get better? Or should I maybe look for console modes to get overpowered weapons and breeze through it?

Right now I'm like rating 3.5 out of 10 which is territory so low it's rare I ever get there for anytnign I play.
In my experience, I found it best to ignore what you miss from 3/NV, and let it breathe on it's own. I initially didn't care for it either. The early game is kind of tough, as the game's new real time combat isn't really tailored for your low level character, and you don't have much in the way of AP for VATS. That doesn't last for too long, and you will quickly gain some armor and weapons(along with experience of course) that will even things out. Just scrape and claw your way through the early game. It won't take long to get up to snuff.

As for the dialogue wheel, it seems limited and kind of lame at first, because the descriptions can be vague and you sometimes feel like the game is making choices for you. You get used to it though, and I eventually came to like it quite a bit, as it lends itself to a more cinematic presentation with your character actually participating in the cut scenes, and you are still getting the same basic options you got in the other games. I went from hating the dialogue wheel, to wanting it back when I played "Starfield".

The crafting is what it is, but I suggest you try to get into it and focus on making some structures every now and then. It's way more robust than it appears, and you can get into a very addictive loop, where you're going out and scrounging and dungeon crawling for certain materials. Maybe even go on youtube and see what others have done with it, for a bit of inspiration. It's not for everyone though, and it's not a huge deal if you ignore it. Don't ignore the weapon/armor crafting, though.

The weight limit thing is as stupid as it is in every other RPG(I fucking HATE that mechanic), but you can dump some points into "Strength" to make life a little easier, and power armor(which is everywhere in this game) will always give you a lot of extra carry capacity. There's a few perks on the strength tree that will mitigate the effect as well. Still a very dumb mechanic that should die, though.

The perk system isn't nearly as overwhelming as it seems. Just look at it like a chart with (eight?) main sections to build on, instead of one big random spreadsheet. It's your typical main/sub perk system, just presented in a weird way. Once you understand it and get into a flow, it all comes together, and it's so big that you'll never get completely maxed out and always have a reason to gain more experience.

The story(or stories) are hit and miss. The main story is a bit unfocused and random at first, but some faction quests get interesting, the more you unravel and settle in. Like most Fallout games, though, the real good ones are the side stories, since it allows you to focus on them a lot more, than the one big main story that you're always getting distracted from.

In general, stick with it for at least 25 hours. Get some experience and perks, and then treat it like any other fallout game and just start exploring and discovering. It's a HUGE game that might take some time to settle in with and get used to, as the early game is a little rough and unbalanced(and jarring if you were expecting more of same). Oh' and whatever you do, ignore the alerts to "protect settlements". It's an obnoxious part of the game that really doesn't mean much, unless you're a completionist. The "Minutemen" suck in general. Just do their main quests, and ignore their bullshit missions.

Been playing maneater. Very prototypical Deep Silver game but I like it. Like dead island 2, I'll be 100 percenting this game.

finished my 4th journey of elden ring and now i'm moving on to my first playthrough of demons souls. never played that one before but i am going into this one with the expectations of dying. and probably alot.

Last edited:
Back