What are your computer specs and what do you wish you had?

8 gb ram a bit slow no?

ps...what is needed to mine bitcoin? lol
Lol? 8gb ram is plenty for any daily use or even video gaming if you have a proper video card. I will upgrade to 16gb at some point but my computer is lightning fast with that i7 and SSD

It used to be you needed a fatty GPU for bitcoin mining but they've developed these things called ASIC miners that blow a nvidia 1080 out of the water.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014OGCP6...t=&hvlocphy=9029601&hvtargid=pla-402134155590

i5 Core 2.6 GHZ
8 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Wndows 10 pro 64 bit
Intel HD Graphics (Ivy Bridge)

This is all the horse power I need. I'll play old emulators from time to time, and it can handle up to a GameCube emulator on it, but I have always been a console gamer, so I don't need anything over the top. I can surf the net and stream 1080p videos while multi tasking, and that's all I need.

As long as I can run NES, SNES, Sega, N64, MAME, and Dolphin (GameCube,Wii) that's all of the gaming I need for a PC. I actually just bought a fight/arcade stick and am having a blast with MAME playing some of my childhood favorite arcade games.

I only paid $200 for it refurbished off of New Egg a couple of years ago and it's still running strong.

i5 Core 2.6 GHZ
8 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Wndows 10 pro 64 bit
Intel HD Graphics (Ivy Bridge)

This is all the horse power I need. I'll play old emulators from time to time, and it can handle up to a GameCube emulator on it, but I have always been a console gamer, so I don't need any thing over the top. I can surf the net and stream 1080p videos while multi tasking, and that's all I need.

As long as I can run NES, SNES, Sega, N64, MAME, and Dolphin (GameCube,Wii) that's all of the gaming I need for a PC. I actually just bought a fight/arcade stick and am having a blast with MAME playing some of my childhood favorite arcade games.

I only paid $200 for it refurbished off of New Egg a couple of years ago and it's still running strong.

You can overclock it!

Pentium 2 professor with Windows Nt 94 edition.

Large mouse with extra thick cord. Beige Keyboard with crust on the keys.

3 floppy drives also.

Yeah that's an entry level asic miner too. If you're mining bitcoin using anything other than an asic miner is simply not cost efficient

I like that you put your cryptocurrency addresses in your sig. Has anyone paid you anything yet that way?

My main rig is a 2600k box from like 7 years ago. It has 16gb of ram and I could OC it but the 2gb 6950 makes it pretty mediocre for gaming.

Embarrassingly my XPS laptop has more balls than my gaming machine now. When Mechwarrior 5 comes out these asshole component prices better have dropped back down or I'm going to be forking out like 4k for a $1500 machine.

My main rig is a 2600k box from like 7 years ago. It has 16gb of ram and I could OC it but the 2gb 6950 makes it pretty mediocre for gaming.

Embarrassingly my XPS laptop has more balls than my gaming machine now. When Mechwarrior 5 comes out these asshole component prices better have dropped back down or I'm going to be forking out like 4k for a $1500 machine.

Bro, just get Asus republic of gamers. Way cheaper and better.

I like that you put your cryptocurrency addresses in your sig. Has anyone paid you anything yet that way?
Nope. But I've gotten a few pms asking for advice and several people in the mega thread have as well. My hope is that if someone ever makes a substantial amount of money on my advice that they'll keep me in mind and possibly throw me back a piece.

I also believe you shouldn't do anything you truly love for free. Well I love posting on message boards, debating people, talking about fights, discussing politics, analyzing markets. So I try to monetize those hobbies in any way I can.

Nope. But I've gotten a few pms asking for advice and several people in the mega thread have as well. My hope is that if someone ever makes a substantial amount of money on my advice that they'll keep me in mind and possibly throw me back a piece.

I also believe you shouldn't do anything you truly love for free. Well I love posting on message boards, debating people, talking about fights, discussing politics, analyzing markets. So I try to monetize those hobbies in any way I can.

Great. I like your feedback on the cryptocurrency thread. Good stuff. I am the same about debating and discussing. One of the best ways to learn.

Great. I like your feedback on the cryptocurrency thread. Good stuff. I am the same about debating and discussing. One of the best ways to learn.
At some point i would like to get back to actually analyzing cryptos and price movements instead of arguing with bitter losers about made up nonsenee. That thread has become super toxic lately and i feel like I haven't posted any actual analysis for a while.

At some point i would like to get back to actually analyzing cryptos and price movements instead of arguing with bitter losers about made up nonsenee. That thread has become super toxic lately and i feel like I haven't posted any actual analysis for a while.

Dont waste your time on dead end endeavors or closed minded people. You are doing the right thing. Plant ideas in fertile soil. Not dried up earth.

i5 2500k overclocked to 4.4 - best processor ever but it's getting a little long in the tooth as I've gotten into a lot of strategy games lately and performance is noticeably worse
Nvidia 1070
16GB Ram

A lot of people say Ryzen is pretty good but prices here are essentially the same as a comparable or better Intel cpu. I've been browsing around online for a motherboard, cpu and ram today and might pull the trigger on that purchase tomorrow.

I'd love to get a Gsync monitor but this Dell 1440p monitor has served me quite well and I don't really need to upgrade it.

OP, did you build your PC or buy a pre-built? If you haven't built one before, I highly recommend doing so. I learned a lot building mine and it's lasted more than double the amount of time any pre-built I've owned before. It's oddly satisfying building one and turning on the power for the first time.

Comp specs
- I5 7600K @ 4.0 with a Cryorig H5
- Asrock Killer Z270 SLI
- EVGA Geforce GTX 970
- 2x 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR2400
- EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 full modular PSU
- NZXT S340 case
- Samsung 850 EVO 350gb SSD (Bulk)
- Kingston ssdNOW V300 120gb (OS)

Monitors (Tri-Arm VESA mount)
- AOC G2460PQ 24in 144hz gaming monitor (center/main)
- 2x AOC E2460SW (left and right)

Misc.
- Logitech G610 Orion Red Mechanical Keyboard
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Gaming mouse
- Logitech Z506 5.1 surround
- HTC Vive VR headset

My computer specs are:

Asus, intel i-7 2.40 GHZ clock speed. 16 gig ram.

Is that good? It's a few years old. I compared with the latest Asus, not much difference! I'm surprised!

https://www.amazon.ca/Republic-Game...4&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+gamers+republic+laptop

I want to get a faster one, what do you recommend?

Also do you prefer AMD or Intel? Why?

I have several (9 in total if I count tablets), but I am an admitted computer enthusiast, and it is really my only hobby outside of the gym.

My main machine :
7820x@5ghz delidded
32g ddr4 3200mhz ram
Gtx 1070

[email protected]
32g ddr3 1600mhz
Fury nano

[email protected]
16g ddr3 2133mhz
R290 crossfire

[email protected]
16g ddr3 2133mhz
Gt 710

[email protected]
24g ddr3 1600mhz
Radeon 5450

All serve various purposes, mostly number crunching for work or serving as a personal ftp.

I don't really game anymore, but I love overclocking and benching.

I am picking up a second hand asus rog laptop that has a 6700hq and gtx970m for $700cad tomorrow. I don't really need it, but my work laptop is an underpowered dell xps convertible.

I really want to build a thread ripper machine, but I can't justify what I would use it for.

Back