What are your favourite fights where a fighter dominated a significantly larger opponent?

Varelans was a big powerful guy but he wasn't the best fighter unfortunately. 6'8" and listed as 330lbs here against 5'9" 207lbs Igor Vorchanchin, who won by KO.

Varelans finished his career at 9-9 and died 'of Covid' in 2021 aged 51.

Why in quotes? Did he not?

Fedor vs almost everyone he fought in his prime.
<Fedor23>
Fedor beat a lot of bigger guys in his prime. But it's a huge myth he only fought bigger guys. In his prime it was about an even split between guys he outweighed and guys that outweighed him

Not dominated but Conor vs Nate 2

Not a beating per se, but pretty one-sided: career FW/LW Tristan Connelly taking a WW fight on short notice against Michel Pereira (who missed weight), ignoring all of Pereira's circus trick kicks and flips, and shutting him down with meat-and-potatoes MMA.

tristan-connelly-right-and-michel-pereira-face-off-against-each-other-during-the-ceremonial-weigh-in-at-rogers-arena-in-vancouver-friday-september-13-2019-the-canadian-pressjonathan-hayward-2HRKFEE.jpg
Came to post this one, good call!

Fedor beat a lot of bigger guys in his prime. But it's a huge myth he only fought bigger guys. In his prime it was about an even split between guys he outweighed and guys that outweighed him
I think most people would agree that his prime was his PRIDE years and up until the Werdum fight.
During that stretch, he fought 22 times.
He weighed more than his opponent in 6 of those fights. He and Nogueria were about the same weight.
Everyone else was heavier than him.

Royce Gracie vs Remco Pardoel.

It’s old, but Royce pulls off a cool trip and dominates the giant judoka.

I love that fight too. The narrative nowadays is that the early UFC's were set up for Royce to win but there is plenty of proof that it's not true. This fight is one example. They would never let a huge judoka in the tournament if they were trying to fix it for Royce.

Mark Schultz vs Gary Goodridge - Mark dominated Goodridge and made him look silly on the ground. So much backstory to this, can't even fathom the circumstances . It always seems unreal when you know the back story.

My fucking oath, not sure if Frankie dominated as such but he finished him like a champ, was off the couch for that one

Yeah didn't dominate but the fight was too epic to not name. He did clearly win every round after the first though.

Well he didn't beat Evander.

Were talking wins :)

I wasn't arguing Bro....

Evander was even smaller than Tyson and had a terrific Light Heavyweight/Cruserweight run... Some of his most savage victories were below heavyweight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back