What Be the Purpose of Grammer

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do people seem to care about it. When you having a convo with someone, isnt the point of the convo to understand each other and get your point across. So if I say "Joe Be wilding", why do people try and say that I should be saying "Joe IS wilding". Both say the say the samething, that joe is showing his ass and people understood what i was saying.

Plus with so many people speaking different langwhitch, how do you know which it the proper way. Do you correct people when they are speaking to you and you knows they aint from where u are or just think they dumb cause they dont use proper grammer.

Kelsey's purpose is to provide entertainment in a civilized way.

I don't correct people's grammar unless it is something that is supposed to be professional work or communication, but I do appreciate being communicated with in proper English. Every time someone deviates from proper English, it puts me to a bit of extra effort to decipher the message.

People who don't spell properly or use proper grammar are always putting themselves to this extra work to get to the point of every message, so they don't really appreciate the work they are imposing on others.

Every time they read a sentence with their / there / they're, they have to survey the sentence and glean which one it is supposed to be from the context, whereas all of the information that is actually needed is immediately present if the proper spelling is used.

Whitey uses it to keep coloured folks down.

Correct grammar makes communication clearer as all parties are using the same rules. If nobody cared about it, grammar variance would increase much faster over time and it would make understanding each really difficult.

People who have very poor grammar tend to be uneducated and/or stupid and so it's also a useful way of working out who to avoid.

However I will make allowances where English is the person's second language or when local dialects come into play.

important.jpg

Less important in speaking with someone but it becomes much more important with writing.

comma-fail-fking-college-guys1.jpg

It is a method of discerning the intelligence and sobriety of a person without subjecting them to a lengthy test.

Correct grammar makes communication clearer as all parties are using the same rules. If nobody cared about it, grammar variance would increase much faster over time and it would make understanding each really difficult.

People who have very poor grammar tend to be uneducated and/or stupid and so it's also a useful way of working out who to avoid.

However I will make allowances where English is the person's second language or when local dialects come into play.
I could not have said it better myself.

Thank you good sir.

A universal way of speaking correctly that creates uniformity and a higher functioning society. You know, common sense stuff? But hey, women can walk around naked and people don't see the point of grammar. Seems like the powers that be are trying to make us primitive. Hard.

Local Dialects is everyone, everywhere. People is the south speak differnt than Yanks up north. So how can you say southern that dont use proper grammer are uneducated cause they speak different.

I think the message of the what the person is saying is more important than the words they use.

So you don't sound like an uneducated dipshit perhaps?

how does one sound Uneducated. If Steven Hawkins starts spitting abunch of big words at you that you that u have no idea what they mean. Doesn't he sound just as uneducated as someone who is using poor grammer. He is speaking withou evening be able to get his point across and comes off more uneducated to me for his failure to simpley commacate.

Language isn't difficult and the people who can't grasp it are indeed dumb as hell

Why do people seem to care about it. When you having a convo with someone, isnt the point of the convo to understand each other and get your point across. So if I say "Joe Be wilding", why do people try and say that I should be saying "Joe IS wilding". Both say the say the samething, that joe is showing his ass and people understood what i was saying.

Plus with so many people speaking different langwhitch, how do you know which it the proper way. Do you correct people when they are speaking to you and you knows they aint from where u are or just think they dumb cause they dont use proper grammer.
Keep up the good work, Cheese. Your threads really add another dimension to the Berry.

Local Dialects is everyone, everywhere. People is the south speak differnt than Yanks up north. So how can you say southern that dont use proper grammer are uneducated cause they speak different.

I think the message of the what the person is saying is more important than the words they use.

If they sound like you're writing, then I'm likely to think they're a bit dim. I happen to have a family from the southern parts of the USA living near me and their grammar is perfectly decent, for Americans. Just being from a particular area doesn't mean you have to give up on grammar.

But then I come from the only place in the world where correct English is the norm, that being the South of England. Even here, we have to deal with Estuary English where people "woz goin' daaarn the pub".

The message is more important than the words but the words are not without importance. I don't have, nor do I insist upon, perfect grammar but there are limits.

I just know that when I read an improper your/you're or their/there/they're, it really grinds my gears.

How drunk are you? Schools everywhere teach spelling and grammar so it is assumed that people who don't use it aren't educated. There is a difference between an accent and grammar. The message is important which is why there is a system of grammar

Kelsey's purpose is to provide entertainment in a civilized way.

I like this post but I suspect Cheese might need it explained. It is a case where spelling gives a word a completely different meaning.

What does Grammer mean? Grammer is a proper noun. It is not to be used in any other context.

Kelsey Grammer, for instance, is an American actor famous for playing Frasier Crane in the TV sitcoms Cheers and its spinoff, Frasier. Grammer is also the name of a small community in Rock Creek, Indiana, USA.

Back