What changes would you like to see the new ownership implement for 2017

originalbadguy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Most people in the industry are forecasting many changes with the new UFC ownership. What things would you most like to see changed in the UFC beside better fighter pay.

1. Regional titles. For me this would be an easy things to do for the international events, promoting the up and coming talent and creating natural co and main event fights.

2. a Grand Prix style tournament each year. For example 162.5 LBS one year would allow fighters from both 155 and 170.
178 LBS one year 140 LBS another and so on. Allow some hefty payouts for fighters who make the final four. This would help build Superstars and create fan interest with bracket predictions like the NCAA tournament!
3. A system were the UFC can sign and develop the young talent out there earlier. Weather that is another org like the WEC, or signing the talent to developmental contracts and putting them on young gun type shows on FSP1 or fight pass under the UFC umbrella. But there really is so many good young fighters and often they get signed buy competitors.

The UFC has a talent development league already
Legacy Fighting Alliance for the men, Invicta for the women

The UFC has a talent development league already
Legacy Fighting Alliance for the men, Invicta for the women

Yes, but they don't have but a extremely small pool of young talent. On each card you are lucky to find maybe two fighters that would be considered a high level prospect and often they have a bunch of journeyman! And They are free to sign with anyone, the UFC doesn't have a lock on fighters because they fight for Legacy!

1. LEGITIMIZE Title Shots

That should be the ONLY priority for them at this point.

The UFC has gone full Circus approach to running its org neglecting TRUE Champ vs #1 Contender fights in order to make a quick buck, BUT they don't realize how much their credibility of claiming to be a "real sport" has taken a hit.

Even Pride NEVER had Freakshow Title Fights the way the UFCs been recently having... e.g. Bisping vs 60 year old Hendo comes to mind among many.

reebok needs to fuckin go

Chucks ice blue shorts

Titos fire red and black shorts

Shoguns white tights with the giant eyes on the back

mirko's half flag half black shorts

Rich franklins pinks and brown

Yes, but they don't have but a extremely small pool of young talent. On each card you are lucky to find maybe two fighters that would be considered a high level prospect and often they have a bunch of journeyman! And They are free to sign with anyone, the UFC doesn't have a lock on fighters because they fight for Legacy!
Are the exclamation points really necessary?

Stop having shitty female fights headline cards just cuz. A recent example is Paige vs Waterson over Urijah.

I would like to see Dana finally start to dress appropriately when he is moderating those media days or conference events.
ringmaster_transparent_png_by_absurdwordpreferred.png

A real ranking system that has meaning.

Chucks ice blue shorts

Titos fire red and black shorts

Shoguns white tights with the giant eyes on the back

mirko's half flag half black shorts

Rich franklins pinks and brown

i was just typing this out. lol

find a way to opt out of the Reebok deal. Find a company that will do the same, and ditch the uniform look. i understand wanting to get rid of sponsor logos, but that shouldn't affect a fighter's income. bring back the pre-fight banners if it's that big of an issue...

Honestly if there was just one thing I would change this would be near the top of the list. It is such a small thing but I think it helps make the fighters individuals more. Even watching WSOF it just felt like there was more flair to the whole thing.

They really just need to get control back, first and foremost. They have fighters holding out for cross-division fights, "super" fights, all that bullshit. If that is the way they want it, then come out and start booking those fights. Otherwise,they really need title fights, or clear #1 contender fights booked ASAP (especially for LW, WW and MW). If a fighter is holding out, refusing to honor a contract, then skip over his ass. Have a long talk with the AKA "tough guys" about consequences of pulling out of a fight less than 2-3 weeks prior.

i was just typing this out. lol

find a way to opt out of the Reebok deal. Find a company that will do the same, and ditch the uniform look. i understand wanting to get rid of sponsor logos, but that shouldn't affect a fighter's income. bring back the pre-fight banners if it's that big of an issue...

465715.jpg

mind blown

Stop having shitty female fights headline cards just cuz. A recent example is Paige vs Waterson over Urijah.
If the ratings are any indication, your hopes will never be realized.

No elbows to downed fighters.
Non-title fights should be five rounds, three minutes long.
eliminate reebok

two title defenses per year (one if an injury occurs within that year) or be stripped.

no more 1-person post-fight pressers.

we don't need every fighter on the card to fly out and come to a presser when only 3 of them are getting questions. see what happened to Jeremy Stephens?

no more USADA exemptions. either get clean before signing the contract or don't fight...

Back