What cologne do you wear?

This bad boy here is one of the best unique sporty scents I wish I bought a bottle since I heard they changed the formula in 2017 not sure if true, it kinda has a slight powder donut too it, but a unique smell it really smells good because its good fro a summer date even a nice out door dance or concert on the park scent
Dior-Homme-Sport_EdT-700x700.jpg

Oh shit!
I'll have to check this out.
I liked the 2008 version but really hated the 2012.
Dior will probably change it again in the next 4 years.

I keep my ass clean with an apple oatmeal soap and use powder fresh deodorant.

I do have some dior sport @TidWell . Good call for that night out.

Lol I figured that too, that's why I tried it at the store first, then bought the teeny ass bottle (which looks nothing like that btw). It actually smells good but like Polo (at least to me) I can't handle it all day every day.

Same with YSL La Nuit de L'Homme. It's good for maybe a night out but all day it kinda grates on my nose.

Acqua di Gio - especially the Profumo version - and Aventus I could smell all day and not get a headache.

Man I love that YSL though, not the nuit de homme but the L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent
c700x420.jpg

Oh shit!
I'll have to check this out.
I liked the 2008 version but really hated the 2012.
Dior will probably change it again in the next 4 years.

yeah man, the older version of Dior sport was the best, why did they keep changing it? its stupid that scent was awesome had a light powder donut smell with some citrus and other scents.

I actually bought a bottle of CKBe in like 2000 because a chick I dug wore it. The psychological effect it had on me made me feel good and gave me more confidence.
lol same here, this girl I had a crush on and that I eventually started dating wore Donna Karan cashmere and I loved how it smelled on her so I bought a small bottle. this was back in high school.

What do you think of those unisex fragrances? those were popular at a time I think Calvin Klein ONE and CKBe are unisex

I smelled a couple that were supposed to be unisex but they smelled more geared toward something a male would wear very light, but no musk, they add the musky scent to male colognes as opposed to female. its sorta like something you would shower with light like scented soap.

So hip me to this then - how do you store them? Would like to know. I have them either in my bathroom closet or on my sink.

remove them from your bathroom completely, wherever you got a cool dry dark place is best to store them. Don't store them in a fridge either the cold damp and humidity will alter the smell.

I would just get one of those Coolers the Styrofoam boxes that block heat and put them in there in your closet. thats were I put all my samplers in right now, and a lot of them lasted years, I have some from 10 years ago that still smell the same. I always closed the box. when you order colognes online they usually ship them in small Styrofoam boxs, I bought a big one to put my cologne in that I don't really use.

Also go to Fragrancenet they usually have coupon codes and will sell those little spray samplers for a dollar to two great way to sample colognes without buying 70 dollar full sizers.
image.php

I keep my ass clean with an apple oatmeal soap and use powder fresh deodorant.

I do have some dior sport @TidWell . Good call for that night out.

Is it the older dior sport or the new ones? the older pre 2012 is the shit, and yes its one of the most versatile its sporty yet elegant, that you can even wear with a dress shirt on the night out, and even wear in a polo. Its s shame they kept changing it, Im going to see how the new 2017 one smells.

remove them from your bathroom completely, wherever you got a cool dry dark place is best to store them. Don't store them in a fridge either the cold damp and humidity will alter the smell.

I would just get one of those Coolers the Styrofoam boxes that block heat and put them in there in your closet. thats were I put all my samplers in right now, and a lot of them lasted years, I have some from 10 years ago that still smell the same. I always closed the box. when you order colognes online they usually ship them in small Styrofoam boxs, I bought a big one to put my cologne in that I don't really use.

Also go to Fragrancenet they usually have coupon codes and will sell those little spray samplers for a dollar to two great way to sample colognes without buying 70 dollar full sizers.
image.php
That's how I do. I found a bottle of Joop from back in the day in the back of my bathroom closet and the color went transparent but it still smelled like it did back in high school. I tossed that shit and my Jordan cologne lol

dior sauvage

burberry brit

dolce and gabbana the one

yup, most people dont know how to store them, I had to learn the hard way several of my colognes went bad in the bathroom. Also when people wear cologne without showering first its disgusting.
Man, a buddy of mine wanted to use one, so I hand him the bottle, and he straight-up sprays it on his sweaty underarms, like deoderant or something.

Shit smelt gross

Its weird how Cologne can catch a womans attention, obviously you have to look good well groomed and dressed nicely but that right scent makes it a memorable first impression. I know so many girls who remember my scent, they would meet me or talk with me and say what are you wearing and id tell them, and they would remember, like a chick I used to talk with years ago I saw he again and she said hey cutey and told me I used to wear so and so cologne. A lot of women who crush on you will even go out and buy a small bottle of the cologne.

Women also hate super strong musky cologne, they like unique scents and something that wont give them a headache.

Also people need to know the types of occasions, colognes are used for different occasions, you have night time cologne for special events its mostly darker masculine scents, the lighter fruit and floral scents aka sporty scents are mainly for day time a walk in the park or on the beach and summer.
Right-on, man. I can appreciate someone who checks the fine details of their grooming. Most guys I know, spray one fragrance all the time, every occasion, and they forget about it. On top of that, they usually spray on their wrists and rub them together (cringe).

Women definitely like a guy who smells good. A friend was on a bit of a dry streak lately, so I hooked him up with some juice, and he pulls two ladies on that same night. Magic.

Dirt and my natty deodorant. I get told that I smell great by females all the time. I even notice the ones at the gym take a whiff lol.

This was my shit last couple years:
149315.jpg

Now I switched it up and have been rocking:
98dd4868-22ae-423f-aeeb-8da4cb6467ff_1.79db6634eac58c71605b40781cd0be8f.jpeg

Right-on, man. I can appreciate someone who checks the fine details of their grooming. Most guys I know, spray one fragrance all the time, every occasion, and they forget about it. On top of that, they usually spray on their wrists and rub them together (cringe).

Women definitely like a guy who smells good. A friend was on a bit of a dry streak lately, so I hooked him up with some juice, and he pulls two ladies on that same night. Magic.

Man dudes and even some ladies have no fragrance etiquette. Never spray the cologne two inches away it should be around 5 to 6 inches away and spray each wrist so it goes on light, so many people spray it up close so the wrist is dripping with cologne and they rub it on both wrists, also some women over do it with the chanel man, some strong perfume that gives headaches.

I like women who use a light body spray or a very light perfume and sprays it the right way not so close to the skin.

You can tell when someone sprayed the cologne close to the skin and let it drip because they smell for far away. Spraying too much also is a turn off to women, they want just enough that they can barely smell and and want to move closer to sniff your neck. thats the purpose of it, if you spray it so its way to strong it defeats the purpose of the girl coming in close sniffing and saying can I smell you.

This was my shit last couple years:
149315.jpg

Now I switched it up and have been rocking:
98dd4868-22ae-423f-aeeb-8da4cb6467ff_1.79db6634eac58c71605b40781cd0be8f.jpeg

The good thing about Aqua di gio is people stopped wearing it so its now classic if you were to wear it back in the late 90s and early 2000s you would be a dime a dozen, every dude was rocking that and it got played out, but now I don't smell too many people wearing that so its cool again.

I haven't smelled it in ages, but my dad used my entire bottle back in the day he loved it he was always wearing some other old plain Polo original scent, but he loved it.

He also used my Caroline Herrera 212, and Chrome by Azzaro
51OboyYCUgL._SX355_.jpg

9484a7a1-bebe-481a-9b4c-f46c3d708354_1.83a125987a8bce326af735cd228974c1.jpeg

Everyman should wear a good smelling cologne though, or antiperspirant, because when you smell something fresh like forest or ocean breeze or patchouli etc it awakens the senses it can even put you in a good mood scent is a very powerful thing. Its why they have aromatherapy with things like lavender that relax and calm you.

ever smell that fresh morning due in area with a lot of trees and grass nothing beats that fresh oxygen smell with the light fog and pine tree scent.

The good thing about Aqua di gio is people stopped wearing it so its now classic if you were to wear it back in the late 90s and early 2000s you would be a dime a dozen, every dude was rocking that and it got played out, but now I don't smell too many people wearing that so its cool again.

I haven't smelled it in ages, but my dad used my entire bottle back in the day he loved it he was always wearing some other old plane Polo original scent, but he loved it.

He also used my Caroline Herrera 212,
51OboyYCUgL._SX355_.jpg

Everyman should wear a good smelling cologne though, or antiperspirant, because when you smell something fresh like forest or ocean breeze or patchouli etc it awakens the senses it can even put you in a good mood scent is a very powerful thing. Its why they have aromatherapy with things like lavender that relax and calm you.

ever smell that fresh morning due in area with a lot of trees and grass nothing beats that fresh oxygen smell with the light fog and pine tree scent.
I'm not very hip on cologne, I just know what I like and don't like. Armani Code and Acqua di gio are both just super light and not too pungent. Had no idea it was so popular haha.

Man dudes and even some ladies have no fragrance etiquette. Never spray the cologne two inches away it should be around 5 to 6 inches away and spray each wrist so it goes on light, so many people spray it up close so the wrist is dripping with cologne and they rub it on both wrists, also some women over do it with the chanel man, some strong perfume that gives headaches.

I like women who use a light body spray or a very light perfume and sprays it the right way not so close to the skin.

You can tell when someone sprayed the cologne close to the skin and let it drip because they smell for far away. Spraying too much also is a turn off to women, they want just enough that they can barely smell and and want to move closer to sniff your neck. thats the purpose of it, if you spray it so its way to strong it defeats the purpose of the girl coming in close sniffing and saying can I smell you.
I don't usually mind girls smelling fairly strong, as long as their perfume isn't too powdery and obnoxious.

Getting just the right amount can take practice, at first. I first put too little on, and no-one could really smell it, then I put a little too much on, and on a hot Summer day, it wasn't pretty. My brither falls into the latter, dude does about 10-15 sprays a pop, and he reeks of whatever he's wearing, which is headache-inducing, not to mention he used about half a 50ml bottle of my Gucci Guilty in under a week.

I don't usually mind girls smelling fairly strong, as long as their perfume isn't too powdery and obnoxious.

Getting just the right amount can take practice, at first. I first put too little on, and no-one could really smell it, then I put a little too much on, and on a hot Summer day, it wasn't pretty. My brother falls into the latter, dude does about 10-15 sprays a pop, and he reeks of whatever he's wearing, which is headache-inducing, not to mention he used about half a 50ml bottle of my Gucci Guilty in under a week.

Man I dont know how anyone can last drenching themselves in strong colognes.

The worst perfume is that old Chanel oh man that stuff gives me a headache I don't know why women still wear it just cause its CLASSIC and expensive but that stuff will give you a headache and the imitation stuff is even worse.

I remember I sprayed too much Hugo Boss on and the entire day at school my eyes were turning red and I was groggy that stuff gave me a bad headache, now I just spritz a light spray on my wrists from far and than on the back of my neck.

I forgot about Polo Sport and Swiss Army altitude cologne, Swiss Army is underrated and you can get them for like 25 bucks at walmart now the stuff is good
513M5Mp8ezL.jpg

o.8880.jpg

What do you think of Ralph Lauren purple Label came out in 2003, some chick I know said she loves that on a man
ralph-lauren-purple-label-fragrance.jpg

Man I dont know how anyone can last drenching themselves in strong colognes.

The worst perfume is that old Chanel oh man that stuff gives me a headache I don't know why women still wear it just cause its CLASSIC and expensive but that stuff will give you a headache and the imitation stuff is even worse.

I remember I sprayed too much Hugo Boss on and the entire day at school my eyes were turning red and I was groggy that stuff gave me a bad headache, now I just spritz a light spray on my wrists from far and than on the back of my neck.

I forgot about Polo Sport and Swiss Army altitude cologne, Swiss Army is underrated and you can get them for like 25 bucks at walmart now the stuff is good
513M5Mp8ezL.jpg

o.8880.jpg

What do you think of Ralph Lauren purple Label came out in 2003, some chick I know said she loves that on a man
ralph-lauren-purple-label-fragrance.jpg
Yeah, I feel like marketing plays too heavy on people, if they don't have a special interest in fragrances. Whatever they're showing off on TV is what everyone will be wearing, whether it's good and appropriate, or bad and vulgar.

Used to have a bottle of Polo blue, back when I was just starting my collection. Been meaning to get another.

Haven't actually heard of Purple Label before, but if it's from 2003, it's before my time. That's good, because then I know no-one else in my area will be wearing it.

My latest pick-up for the Summer is John Vervatos Artisan. Sensible, refreshing and a little fruity for the hotter months.

168319.jpg

Back