• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

it isn't illegal. are you really defending the cops for taking his money for doing something illegal? also, what if the auction is on a saturday? what if his bank is not national. they don't have any nevada state banks in arizona. but by all means, he got what he had coming. lesson learned!
That’s exactly what he is doing.

Couldve wrote an old school check than the guy couldve held the actual transfer of truck till the money cleared.. not a biggie. The guy couldve waited a few extra days for his truck and got hotel while the check cleared. The cops were wrong but to carry that much cash on you is just insane and cray cray in this day and age. Just not necessary.

Couldve wrote an old school check than the guy couldve held the actual transfer of truck till the money cleared.. not a biggie. The guy couldve waited a few extra days for his truck and got hotel while the check cleared. The cops were wrong but to carry that much cash on you is just insane and cray cray in this day and age. Just not necessary.
not everybody has the luxury of hanging out a few days. and most auctions wont take a check any way. but the bottom line is it does not matter if it is crazy to have tht much cash on you. IT IS NOT ILLEGAL. it is startling that people sit here and defend this

That's disturbing. I never leave the house with less than 40k in cash on me. So now I got to worry about the police stealing my walk around money.

it is obvious many of you have never been to an auction. usually you can't write checks. you can't pay days later. you win and you pay. period. usually they give you 45 minutes to an hour or so to settle up after it is over.

You hear about cops doing this from time to time and it is infuriating. This man flew from NC to Phoenix to go to an auction where he was looking to buy a truck for his trucking business. However, the money was seized because cops "suspected" he might be up to something illegal. Here we are, months later and he has never been charged, yet they are keeping the money. And people wonder why blm is out there. How cops are allowed to do this in a country that is supposedly free, I will never know.

Oh, and guess what color the man who had his money stolen is? One guess. I hate to bring race into it, but please tell me how they are supposed to trust cops again?

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/poli...Nk1-NEf-bkz5s9bVLxbkMogF6dNmlgQ9Q5bIUyME5xz34
Yeah, if true, this is messed up

not everybody has the luxury of hanging out a few days. and most auctions wont take a check any way. but the bottom line is it does not matter if it is crazy to have tht much cash on you. IT IS NOT ILLEGAL. it is startling that people sit here and defend this
Who’s defending it ?! It’s criminal . But don’t act like it’s completely normal and “ ok “ to Carry that much cash . He could have been robbed by gang bangers too and it wouIdve been just as wrong and yet ,,just as stupid at same time for carrying that much cash .

Who’s defending it ?! It’s criminal . But don’t act like it’s completely normal and “ ok “ to Carry that much cash . He could have been robbed by gang bangers too and it wouIdve been just as wrong and yet ,,just as stupid at same time for carrying that much cash .
it is normal if you are going to an out of state auction that requires you to pay at the conclusion of the sale. and it is "ok" to carry it. IT IS LEGAL!!!! who are any of us to tell him what is ok or not if he is within the law? that is absurd. if he got robbed, then that sucks. it is a chance he took and it is his right as an american. unreal

I bought my last car with cash. Don't even know what a cashier's check is.
it's a check you get from the bank which is as good as cash. but go ahead and try to get one from an out of state bank at 5pm on a saturday

News break, flying with over 10k is risky as hell. For one, there’s a branch of every bank in cities you fly into

I've taken hundreds, sometines thousands in cash to auctions. Some auctioneers prefer cash or sometimes it is just more convenient because sending a wire transfer takes days to clear. Sometimes you get a small discount if you pay in cash.

it is obvious many of you have never been to an auction. usually you can't write checks. you can't pay days later. you win and you pay. period. usually they give you 45 minutes to an hour or so to settle up after it is over.
LOL, what? That's not at all how cattle auctions work here where this kind of money is exchanged. Nobody deals in cash.

Back