Social What did you think of President Biden State of the Union speech?

What did you think of President Biden State of the Union speech?

• Total voters
I think they chose her cause she is from Alabama and the left is accusing Alabama going after women due to the IVF thing (which I haven’t followed). But yea, she was bad lol.

Tucker had a great rebuttal video
Also sex

I think you are going to be very surprised. Trump has only one gear. Me me me. I I I. He can't talk policy. The one good policy he had was border control and that's why he's convinced Republicans to block biden's bill!!! If he cared about the border, he'd let that bill go through.

Biden has forgotten more about policy than Trump will ever know in his lifetime. If Biden shows up the way he did during this address, he will stomp Trump.
Yeah I would be surprised if trump doesnt shut the fuck up this time around.

Still, comparing potential performances is silly cuz biden worked last night with a speech.

He's just a Putin apologist telling everyone to get on his plane and come to Moscow with him because it's so much better. Really dark stuff, some might say Hitlerian, for him to be up there praising dictators.

I thought the delivery was above average, though maybe all the idiotic accusations of him being senile biased it upward (because he exceeded expectations by so much). The content was excellent. Lots of really good policy stuff, and I think it is simply a fact that freedom and democracy are under attack, and people of goodwill can no longer deny it and try to sweep Trumpism under the rug.
91k posts here, lol!

In this context, it was a good speech because it served its function. It rallied the troops. It also made a strong appeal to moderates, in an election year. And most importantly, it showed the public Biden can still deliver a speech when necessary.

As far as “crossing the aisle”, I have no clue why anyone would expect Biden to extend any olive branches ti no -moderate Republicans.

Are there normally hecklers shouting during these?

It shouldn’t be, but this is what you get when you let old men who act like children run the country. And to think, we get to go through it all again this fall when these two old farts square off in the senior bowl again. What a joke.

To be fair, Biden has been trying unity for his entire term (bipartisanship and a return to political norms was his entire selling point) and the Republicans have been mostly rebuffing him.
The winter of death and saying white supremacy is the biggest threat to democracy really helped unite us. Not divisive at all.

FHEv-spXsA09umw.jpg

It shouldn’t be, but this is what you get when you let old men who act like children run the country. And to think, we get to go through it all again this fall when these two old farts square off in the senior bowl again. What a joke.
Whether it's Biden being heckled while he gets a State of the Union address or Republicans heckling him, bothsides have some relation to heckling.

It was pretty good, but more or less what I've expected. I've watched Biden speak numerous times to counter the narrative that he is senile etc. if you watch him for more than a few, select clips, it becomes clear that he is aged, but still mentally there.

Back