What do you believe happens after death?

What do you believe?
This
eyJpdSI6ImVlMTIwYmYzZGYxZjkxZTQzZmFmZDE5YmRjOTU5MTBhNjRlMWU2YTg5NDBkYzcyZGM2NDE4MzRmY2E5ODQ0NmMiLCJ3IjoyMTAsImgiOjE0MCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.jpg

I think it is, addressing the primal cause is important, because the big bang made up by a catholic priest and the idea we are a point going forward instead of a series of cyclic circles and spirals is a big difference imho

I think it is a pretty weak case for belief on its own and weaker still the more that people like William Lane Craig add to it.

Premise 1: Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
Premise 2: The universe began to exist.
Conclusion: The universe has a cause.

Premise 1... Whatever begins to exist has a cause. Does it? I reject the premise until that can be demonstrated to be true.
Premise 2... The universe began to exist. Did it? Demonstrate conclusively that it began to exist. Until then I reject the premise.
Conclusion... I have rejected both premises until they are demonstrated so I obviously don't subscribe to the conclusion.

Craig then adds more stuff to get to a personal Creator that I question or reject as well on its logical merits.

Well the most important part is the consciousness of course. And yes everything in the universe has existed since the birth of the universe, but that's not entirely important for us.

I'm wondering though, how is it not true from a biological standpoint? Your cells did not exist for a very long time, correct?
Well you said “you didn’t exist before you were born in any way.” Of course you were a fetus before birth so it was just kind of a technicality at least.

Unfortunately nothing... you didn't exist before you were born in any way, so why would you after you die?

bullshit. I have always existed. Even before I was born I existed....as potential. So no reason I would stop existing just because I died on this rock.

I think it is a pretty weak case for belief on its own and weaker still the more that people like William Lane Craig add to it.

Premise 1: Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
Premise 2: The universe began to exist.
Conclusion: The universe has a cause.

Premise 1... Whatever begins to exist has a cause. Does it? I reject the premise until that can be demonstrated to be true.
Premise 2... The universe began to exist. Did it? Demonstrate conclusively that it began to exist. Until then I reject the premise.
Conclusion... I have rejected both premises until they are demonstrated so I obviously don't subscribe to the conclusion.

Craig then adds even more stuff that I question or reject as well.
I think its important to understand the inherent logic at the axiomatic level or as close as possible, but I agree that in of itself it is kind of weak for belief, the spiritual law of cause and effect is underrated tho for sure

I prefer a gnostic revelatory perspective, I don't think it makes much sense for your concept of god or the afterlife or the prelife etc to be based on anything but your experience

but on the subject of afterlife lots of people with NDE and declared dead and then come back say they had experiences with beings and stuff, but also you get a big hit of DMT in the brain prior to death so all of this is framed within a philosophical or theological framework with a lot of abstractions unless you go with the eye witness reports

and I would also add that I think a pluralistic and relativistic approach makes the most sense with a wide lens

your choice, come.back and do it again if you're bored, or move on to the next plane. if you ask the buddhist monks tho, they get afraid before death, lamenting their wasted life and believe there is nothing after death. check out "japanese death poems"...
Buddhists believe in reincarnation... Monks dedicate their lives in becoming enlightened or to reach nirvana as a bodhisattva. They try not to be reincarnated as a warrior or animal or whatever... They strive for the ultimate plane of existence.

To answer the question though... Who knows what happens. I mean, literally nobody alive knows.
True. But clinically dead people who came back to life claim pretty much the same. There is something happening. They usually are greeted by angels/family members and are going somewhere. White corridors and all that. Must mean something

Reincarnation of the worthy energies into worthier beings.

Also meeting God and being judged for arrogance

Well you said “you didn’t exist before you were born in any way.” Of course you were a fetus before birth so it was just kind of a technicality at least.

Come on man... before the fetus.

bullshit. I have always existed. Even before I was born I existed....as potential. So no reason I would stop existing just because I died on this rock.

Ok, so you exist as potential. You won't know you exist as potential which is the main point.

Who cares?

We can’t change anything about it.

Let’s just enjoy the ride until we get there.

Nothing, consciously speaking. I guess it'd be interesting if there was something more but I see no reason to believe there is. I thought many years about it before arriving at this conclusion many moons ago.

Curiously, I had a nap where I either dreamed I was dead and woke up, or didn't dream and it felt like I was dead when I woke up. There was nothing. Was indescribably peaceful. Made me think it wasn't a big deal.

Similar to what it was like before you were born.

We live in the information age. Just google it, you dumbass.

Back