What do you do with your pizza crusts?/My tip to enjoy them!

639a3e1fb76e1f111b6c03d42f60d595.300x167x35.gif

Not eating the crust?

That's a womanly thing to do.

I’ve almost always got tomato sauce left over when I’m finished cooking pizzas, so I dip my crusts in that.

Because there can never be enough pizza threads in The Mayberry.

So whenever I go hangout with people and there's pizza, I always end up seeing a bunch of crusts just laying around. Let me tell you something. It's a F-ing travesty, IMO! The crust is literally the best part of the pizza, especially nowadays, where it's always slathered in butter and garlic and spices and cheeses.

Papa John's has that soybean oil sauce (NOT butter) that's great for finishing off crusts, but it's not the healthiest thing and only they have it. You could use marinara sauce, but I'm not a fan. Here's how I eat crusts.

Whilst eating the slice, leave about 1 inch of pizza before the crust. Then TURN IT SIDEWAYS AND EAT IT EAT IT FROM THE END. That way you get cheese and sauce and some toppings with the crust. Boom! Problems solved. And trust me, if you have any decent pizza, there will be plenty of toppings in that 1 inch border area.

I just think it's really wasteful to not eat a perfectly tasty part of a pizza. I TRY not to bag on other people's eating habits, but I find it childish for people to not eat the crust. Borderline sloppy, disgusting and crude to leave a pile, especially in the box.

So what does everyone else do with their crusts? Am I The Genius, or just 50 Cent? Lanny Poffo or Hillbilly Jim?

View attachment 398003
Or
View attachment 398005
This guy:
View attachment 398007
Or
View attachment 398009
Yeah, I basically do what you do. I only order from real local Italian joints these days. I used to order from Papa John's sometimes because they were the only ones open or whatever, and their crust dip was my favorite part. :)

I'm American and I fucking hate it, but yeah. It's really for a specific type of American though, if you catch my drift. ;)
Its for this type of American by gawd I even put ghost pepper sauce in it to make.............................SPICY RANCH OOOOOOOOOOOO. And I shoot guns while Im eatin my ranch dipped crust too.
My delicious meals thread has food splattered with ranch.

Cheese sauce. Idk why every swinging dick jumped on the marinara band wagon. Treat that shit like a breadstick.

Don’t be a cheapskate and get stuffed-crust pizza!

I usely don't eat them at first, but then realize I'm still hungry and finish most of it off anyways. A nice marinara sauce would be great, but I usually just eat it plain since it taste fine.

Its for this type of American by gawd I even put ghost pepper sauce in it to make.............................SPICY RANCH OOOOOOOOOOOO. And I shoot guns while Im eatin my ranch dipped crust too.
My delicious meals thread has food splattered with ranch.
Have at it, Hoss!

I’m from the east coast. Where you get garlic fingers and donair sauce to dip them in. So I picked up the habit of dipping my crusts in donair sauce. Can make it easily or buy it. Sometimes pizza shops will have it too.

I have a pizza crust disposal unit for just such occasions

upload_2018-6-26_15-23-33.jpeg

4 : 2 : 1 ratio of Hidden Valley Ranch : Sriracha : chopped pickled jalapenos. Dip, enjoy.

I generally have a Jalapeno-Pineapple hummus or a jalapeno pesto on stand by in the fridge. If I am at home, I eat the crust with those. If I am out, I ask for some marinara or garlic butter.

Just eat it. It's a piece of bread for fucks sake.

So I guess I'm the only person here that eats the whole slice when I eat a pizza.

You all sound like Rich snobs.

Ask for an extra side of sauce of your choice and enjoy. They will often throw it in gratis. I like to eat the plain crusts as a palate cleanser. I will discard if they are garbage crusts or if I'm feeling finicky or decadent.

Put in frig, then dip into hot soup to cool the soup and soak up the soup to make the crust more appealing to eat.

Back