What does it feel like to get rocked / knocked out?

You've been knocked out, you just don't remember.
That was actually what it was like for me. Woke up in the hospital. Friends told me I was suckerpunched then kicked in the head. It sucked.

I did muay thai for a couple of months and MMA for a year. Wrestled in high school and have done BJJ on and off for like 4 years. Oddly enough I have never been KO'd sparring. I was KO'd twice grappling.

First time, we were doing takedown defense against the cage. I was defending against some high level judo dude. Guy ended up throwing me on my head. I don't remember being thrown, just all of a sudden being on my back.

Second time, I was grappling against this D1 wrestler who is actually undefeated in MMA now and is pretty good. All I remember was him shooting for a double and getting his hands around my legs. Then I remember waking up on my back and him asking if I was okay haha.

Depends.

Body shots are like stubbing your toe, but your whole body feels it.

When that chin gets touched, it’s like GSP and you can’t account for time.

-Source: 6 months muay thai before i went back to BJJ

I know I have a good chin though. Been punched, hard, many times, and only knocked down that one time, when I was drunk and apparently trying to fight 2 guys at once.

after a 30 minute drunken sparring session i walked into a hook. it was like a camera flash went off in my face and then they were reviving me lmao. no pain involved. i felt like i had a refreshing nap. then we smoked a bowl

Couldn't tell, I never been knocked the fuck out, but once I got into a fight with a kid whose uncle was a boxer and this motherfucker was slick as fuck and caught me with two clean shots right on the chin. It didn't even dazzle me but it did hurt a lot and I felt like running but I hold my own, and I realized that day I had chin for days like Marvin Hagler.

Never been knocked out, but got hit hard by a punch that I didn't see which must've caught me behind the ear as I lost all equilibrium which was weird as hell and I didn't know what was happening. My first thought was actually that some of the other guy's team mates were lifting the side of the ring to throw me off balance and that was why I kept lurching over to one side. Wasn't till I saw the other guy was stable on his feet that I worked out that he must've caught me with something I didn't see.

Was weird.

When you get rocked you feel drowsy and disoriented but still 100% there. Ur movement also stops being as quick as it was before. Sometimes u can feel the headache coming on when u come back to ur corner and ur brain rattling inside the liquid fluid since its still sensitive from the previous damage. Theres different types of rocked though, sometimes u get knocked down because ur legs stop working and u also black out and its all a matter of when ur brain/body decides to come back.

Knocked out once playing football. Never been clipped during a fight tho. A guy once broke his hand on my cheek. The football Ko came on a forearm to my jaw as I was following a play down the line. Woke up with grass in my face and my chin strap broken. Felt aweful all night.

I got just about as rocked as you can get playing football.

Went it for a tackle with the crown of my head leading. Collision ensues: I fall down, coaches help me up and I can walk but I'm on super bambi legs, don't really know where i am or why i'm there, memory loss/confusion, and then I'd say it took me about 20 to 30 min for me to realize that i just got my bell rung and I probably have a mild concussion.

There was no pain though. No vomiting or major headache afterwards that I know is common with concussions.

I guess my chin is just too solid to know the deets. Any glass chin Sherdoggers willing to share their experiences?

I got rocked boxing once and it felt like I was falling backwards in slow motion. Thank God my friend was a d!ck and he didn't hit me again, just let me recover

I heard the doctor attending to me pronounce me dead, and I seemed to be floating above everybody watching myself...oh wait, you said "knocked-out..." stupid me was giving you a "near-death" experience.

Sorry, I'm a dumb-ass!

I guess my chin is just too solid to know the deets. Any glass chin Sherdoggers willing to share their experiences?
Hard to get knocked out if the only fighting you do is to hold back your moaning as you jack off in your moms basement.

The common gentleman's agreement when sparring is that you only give as hard as willing to get (no homo).

If the op actually trains and has never fought hard enough to be on the receiving end of getting rocked...my guess is he fights like a pussy at some strip-mall mcdojo.

Any real gym will work the shark tank where you are sparing guys of all sizes and skill levels...and you will get rocked...there's no avoiding it.

2IbOJat.gif
It's f*ked up even more when you lean into it...

I got hammered by an overhand right i walked right into. Didn't hurt at all. Just the instant he connected, all my vision went green scale. Almost black and white with green tint. And i felt like i could move, but i was walking in post holes, as Rashad says, drunk driving. Never went down tho. Learned a very important lesson about the importance of controlling emotions in a fight that day.

I've never been rocked before. I was a little hurt when I was fighting 27 guys at the same time, two of the guys pulled a shotgun and shot me, it hurt a little bit but nothing serious.

Anonymous guy trying to impress a bunch of other anonymous guys LOL...my guess is you'll suck your first cock before being rocked or KO'd, so worry about that first.

Back