What does it feel like to get rocked / knocked out?

Never been knocked out, been rocked to hell n back though. For me, my whole head felt really warm and I saw white in between seeing my opponent swinging. My ears were ringing and my nose was running an insane ammount. 10/10 would get rocked again.

82-0 in streetfights dude. I wouldn't know.

tumblr_inline_nd70idganz1sjc0eb-gif.181777

Seriously though that's crazy if true. That is straight up fighting for your life. I had two drunks come at me with 2x4's but luckily a crew of my friends were nearby to scare them off.

100% true, was working as door steward/bouncer at the time, didn't let one of them and that was there idea of payback

Never been rocked in a fight but while working out hard somehow hit my temple on the corner of my desk, seen stars like exactly how it is on something like looney tunes lol and then got a terrible headache, shit sucked ass

When I got KO'ed I didn't feel anything and woke up disoriented on the ground. Evidently I was only down for like 5 seconds according to those there and it didn't hurt at all. I've had my face fucked up much more in fights before but that one just shut my brain off I suppose.

Got rocked by a hook my mouth was open too.. so that sucked. Legs buckled a little, ears ringing and headache but I didn't fall or anything

I've never been KO'd but I hear it feels just like getting slept fort surgery, which I've done: you are conscious then next thing you are like "WTF? How did I end up here". Last time I was in surgery, I guess I was talking about me dreaming that I was in the movie Interstellar and jumping in the blackhole - weirded out the nurse.

Got kneed in the temple playing rugby. Never felt a thing but blacked out briefly and came to on my hands and knees. Disoriented and could only see clearly about a foot radius in front of me. All my vision outside of that was a blur. Could hear sounds and slowly figured out where I was. Got up, vision cleared somewhat and I played the rest of the game. Don't remember a thing about that game.

Coordination was screwed up the rest of the weekend. It was back in the day so no one really gave a shit if you had a concussion or not...play through it, be a man.

Ive been rocked a bunch fighting but never straight ko’ed.

Worst it ever was for me was in a fight outside of a club years back. My dipshit wu shu tma buddy used to get plastered and start fights all the time. And he couldn’t fight for shit.

I hooked up with this chick and was going home with her, 2 am comes and can’t find my bud to tell him I’m leaving with her.

We are out in the parking lot and there is a huge crowd, I tell her “ damn I bet my buddies in the middle of that fight”

Sure as fuck enough his ass is getting stomped out by 4-5 dudes, legit ko’ed and they are just stomping on his out cold ass.

Can’t let that shit go on so I step in and start swinging. Drop one and hop on top and start pounding his ass, big mistake.

Feel a “thump,thump” to the back of my head.

Turn around and this dude is standing there with a tire iron in his damn hands with the most supprised look on his face ever like “ why isn’t this fucking cracker dead much less still awake”

Cops and bouncers save my ass from the other three holding me now as he’s about to happy Gilmore my damn face

Ambulance is called, throw his ass in he’s still out. Driver won’t let chick ride. Damn not gonna get any after this.

Register his ass at the hospital, he’s still asleep. Nurse starts bitching I’m bleeding all over reception and says I need checked out.

I’m all I’m fine his ass is still out , is he gonna live?

They insist they are more worried about me than him. Come to find out I’m walking around with a massive flap of skin on the back of my skull just flapping around and dripping blood everydamn where.

They wrap my head up and throw me in a cat scan.

All good, dr asks some questions.

“So you were hit with a tire iron multiple times and never went out”
Me “yes”
Have you ever been knocked out ?me “no”
Dr: well your skull is abnormally thick, their is less gap between your skull and your brain and the space is very small so your brain can’t move when you get hit. If you ever get hit hard enough to knock you out, it will probublay kill you at the same time”

That was a hell of a thing to hear, took 52 staples after the scan to close me up. Everyone at work called me Frankenstein for years.

At least I didn’t have “lugs” imprinted on my face for a week like he did lol.

Got rocked by a hook my mouth was open too.. so that sucked. Legs buckled a little, ears ringing and headache but I didn't fall or anything
Which is kinda crazy that these pro fighters, especially boxers, are scrambling their brains like that on a daily basis.

I've had three concussions by the time I was 10. I don't really remember what it was like....that probably tells you what it's like.

I've been dropped before, had a white flash when the punch connected and fell back the way.

Been stunned a few times. Doesnt really feel that bad.

I can't give you any knowledge about that as I'm undefeated in all of the illegal, bare-knuckle prize fights I've been in (50+). Good luck with your experiment, though.

Which is kinda crazy that these pro fighters, especially boxers, are scrambling their brains like that on a daily basis.
Yeah not the best way to make a living haha shit felt awful. But I guess if you know how to defend proper and limit sparring it can be ok. American football seems to be the worst for the brain

Never been rocked by a punch, but I had my bell rung once or twice playing U.S. football. It's disorienting and not pleasant. I boxed a little bit when I was in high school and didn't like it for the same reason I didn't care for football...I just didn't like taking blows to the head.

i was in a huge brawl once, 100 men against myself and after the 99th ko, i got rocked by the last guy, until i knocked him out as well.

Worst it ever was for me was in a fight outside of a club years back. My dipshit wu shu tma buddy used to get plastered and start fights all the time. And he couldn’t fight for shit.

I hooked up with this chick and was going home with her, 2 am comes and can’t find my bud to tell him I’m leaving with her.

We are out in the parking lot and there is a huge crowd, I tell her “ damn I bet my buddies in the middle of that fight”

Sure as fuck enough his ass is getting stomped out by 4-5 dudes, legit ko’ed and they are just stomping on his out cold ass.

Can’t let that shit go on so I step in and start swinging. Drop one and hop on top and start pounding his ass, big mistake.

Turn around and this dude is standing there with a tire iron in his damn hands with the most supprised look on his face ever like “ why isn’t this fucking cracker dead much less still awake”

Cops and bouncers save my ass from the other three holding me now as he’s about to happy Gilmore my damn face

Ambulance is called, throw his ass in he’s still out. Driver won’t let chick ride. Damn not gonna get any after this.

Register his ass at the hospital, he’s still asleep. Nurse starts bitching I’m bleeding all over reception and says I need checked out.

They insist they are more worried about me than him. Come to find out I’m walking around with a massive flap of skin on the back of my skull just flapping around and dripping blood everydamn where.

Me “yes”
Dr: well your skull is abnormally thick, their is less gap between your skull and your brain and the space is very small so your brain can’t move when you get hit. If you ever get hit hard enough to knock you out, it will probublay kill you at the same time”

That was a hell of a thing to hear, took 52 staples after the scan to close me up. Everyone at work called me Frankenstein for years.

Damn bro you have a mark hunt chin.. take up some lessons it's a blessing to have a hard ass head lol

With 16 oz gloves there's no bone on bone contact so it actually doesn't hurt much. You just feel your legs buck.

With MMA gloves you definitely feel the sting of the knuckle hitting your face.

Me “yes”

Are you Mark Hunt?

Back