What food do you eat differently than 'normal'?

do people here not know what doner kebabs are at all, or is it the 'donair' spelling/variant thats throwing people off?
I discovered Döner in Germany. Had never seen it in Montreal at least nor anywhere else in North America. We have greek gyros (sort of similar) and shish taouk and shawarma but that s it. In France they have something that approaches it and they just call it kebab.

Does pussy count? I have her do a handstand in the corner of the room then bend over eat it like I'm a starving cannibal....

In the U.S. we know them as gyros (Greek) or shawarma (Arab). I guess donairs is what Canucks call them.

It's basically a sandwich so what the hell is TS doing taking the meat out? You know you can get the meat separately right?

@lsa eats pizza with a knife and fork.

I do. It keeps my mouth from burning up.

I'll also eat a hamburger with a knife and fork as well, if it's particularly large.

Certain women in my life have had a go at me for not mixing my food.

I also am right handed, and I hold the fork in my right hand and my knife in my left. Apparently that's weird...

Reactions: lsa
do people here not know what doner kebabs are at all, or is it the 'donair' spelling/variant thats throwing people off?

I think it's weird.

I try to pronounce it "donair" and it's like a French waiter is trying to fancy it up.

Kebabs aren't fancy food. They're something that you eat at 3am, because you're too drunk to care about eating from a greasy block of meat that's probably partially made from dead dog.

I think it's weird.

I try to pronounce it "donair" and it's like a French waiter is trying to fancy it up.

Kebabs aren't fancy food. They're something that you eat at 3am, because you're too drunk to care about eating from a greasy block of meat that's probably partially made from dead dog.
yeah, but french isnt 'fancy' where people speak french

So it's a beef taco?

homemade-donair-15.jpg

Tacos de Arabe, yeah. Basically.

I discovered Döner in Germany. Had never seen it in Montreal at least nor anywhere else in North America. We have greek gyros (sort of similar) and shish taouk and shawarma but that s it. In France they have something that approaches it and they just call it kebab.
I've had Döner in the States in a pita bread or on French fries

I think it's weird.

That's the secret ingredient

In the U.S. we know them as gyros (Greek) or shawarma (Arab). I guess donairs is what Canucks call them.

It's basically a sandwich so what the hell is TS doing taking the meat out? You know you can get the meat separately right?
So I get a shitty veggie wrap with tzatziki sauce and meat on the side? No thanks.

I do. It keeps my mouth from burning up.

I'll also eat a hamburger with a knife and fork as well, if it's particularly large.

Certain women in my life have had a go at me for not mixing my food.

I also am right handed, and I hold the fork in my right hand and my knife in my left. Apparently that's weird...
Reported to the FBI

The donair is a western version of doner kebab if I'm not mistaken. Mediterranean, gyros, all from the same kind of origin. It all stems from spit cooked meats (lamb, beef, chicken). Thinly shaved slices of seasoned meat.

They're fucking delicious too. Here in Nova Scotia, they've taken ownership of the "donair" because it's now attributed to a sweet sauce that most people get with them (condensed milk, vinegar and garlic) It's literally the selling point for some reason. For me the sauce is nasty and ruins the meat/meal. I never get that crap on one.

Typical toppings are raw onions and raw tomatoes. Cheese has become a huge option and imo rounds it out to perfection. Heartburn City, look out!

Reactions: 666
Back