What game series would you like to see make a comeback?

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SWAT - I had forgotten about this series but I remember it being really fun to infiltrate hostile areas, rescue hostages and neutralize criminals. They could make a modern version of this game with an actual storyline.

Red Faction - the environmental destruction is so fun in this game. I want to see a return to FPS though instead of third person.

Turok the Dinosaur Hunter - would be cool to see a modern remake of this game. I would like to see some horror/stealth elements added.

Silent Hill
Super Double Dragon.
Legend of the Mystical Ninja.
Ghost Recon Rainbox Six.

Soul reaver splinter cell (back the classic stealth though. i.e you or body found you lose).

I enjoyed those SWAT games back in the day even the point and click ones. I haven't thought about that series in awhile lol.

To answer your question it's Splinter Cell

Splinter-Cell.jpeg

Project Gotham Racing
Road Rash
Castlevania (Bloodstained taking over for Konami it looks like)
Dead Space
Bioshock
Deus Ex (think I prefer it over Cyberpunk from what I've played of CP so far)

SWAT - I had forgotten about this series but I remember it being really fun to infiltrate hostile areas, rescue hostages and neutralize criminals. They could make a modern version of this game with an actual storyline.

Red Faction - the environmental destruction is so fun in this game. I want to see a return to FPS though instead of third person.

Turok the Dinosaur Hunter - would be cool to see a modern remake of this game. I would like to see some horror/stealth elements added.

There's a spiritual successor of SWAT called Ready or Not.

I said this in the other thread but I'd like FromSoftware to bring back Front Mission and Tenchu - - especially Tenchu since they could really do it justice at this point.

There's been lots of murmurs about Bully 2 and I hope they are true. with the success of the Yakuza and Persona series, Bully is the perfect game to bring back. small open world filled with mini games and entertaining side quests with the school system. it also doesn't require the insane resources that GTA and Red Dead need so a side team could easily be put together for it.

Max Payne is being remade which scratches a giant itch but in just in general I'd like the 3rd person shooter to be brought back. just a straight forward shooter with no powers, gimmicks or supernatural elements. Max Payne, The Punisher, Freedom Fighters, Stranglehold etc games.

Last edited:
Manhunt
Ninja Gaiden
Mega Man

I want to see Mega Man turned into a FPS like they did to Metroid Prime.

I'd like to see Ninja Gaiden get turned back into a fast paced side scrolling game like Castlevania SOTN and Bloodstained ROTN.

Manhunt would be cool if done like modern 3rd person viewed games like Gears of War or The Last of Us. Survival Horror and Stealth gameplay.

And overall, I'd like to see more games like Diablo. Top viewed, action RPG. Maybe bring back Gauntlet and make it good. The top view hack and slash RPGs are my favorite genre of games.

As for the horror genre, an underrated and creepy game was The Suffering. Bring back this hideous thing

latest

I guess it depends on what we mean by "comeback." If we mean a renewal in the franchise that is also quality, I'd say System Shock.

But the thing is, the latest news indicates that TenCent is now in charge of SS3. That's fucking awful, and I don't want it.

So I'd like to see the following come back, and come back with quality:
System Shock
Mega Man
Quake
Fable

Open world Mega Man just makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back