What happened to Cody?

Vertigo, apparently
He talked about that when he was on JRE. If I remember it right, he got the vertigo after getting covid. Like that was when it started and it wouldn’t go away. I guess he got rid of it, but according to his interview it was back when they hit the ground.

Shit. Who knows what’s wrong with him, but maybe his fighting days are over. It certainly doesn’t do good for you to get smacked around the head

Outstruck Figueirdo easily on the feet, barely got hit by anything. I think Figgy landed 1 good strike to the head in round 1.
But he has a long neck, easy to strangle, his bjj lacked in this one. Thought he could just wrestle.

He has super short arms, so no Chance against Rob Font with a foot reach advantage. TJ was too much CEO of... after he knocked him down and he stumbled to his stool.
No recovery without...

He looked unstoppable against Dom. Like, truly elite, as he had against his previous opponents, then took a serious nosedive.

I know his fight IQ is incredibly low, but it didn't always seem this way. He fought really smart in his early UFC appearances.

So what happened?

A case of Vertigo and Vitiligo.

I think its one of those things he just has Cruz's number.

Kind of like Hallman with Hughes.

Most of his fights after he lost the belt he didn't look that different. He just couldn't get the job done, approached some fights questionably, etc. He surely didn't look like he lost in anything in his game.

his defense looked way different from the Cruz fight.

Started fighting decent guys.

Look at his record. Up until Cruz, he was feasting on low level fighters. Takeya was alright, but that's about it. Almeida seemed like a good win, but he was just fighting cans too.

Then he got Cruz at the perfect time. Cruz was back, but the wear and tear had clearly worn up. Cody had 2 huge rounds in that, but if you look at the way it was scored, it almost went to Cruz.

After that, he's lost because he's fighting better guys. He beat Kelleher and Trevin Jones recently, but Jones was cut after, and Kelleher was on a 2 fight skid, so I guess he's gone now too.

Cody was able to take advantage of holes in Cruz' boxing, kind of like Holly against Ronda. But they did not look very good against top opponents since.

Back