What happened to Ikram Aliskerov?

He's a 4 time Combat Sambo World Champion. How can you compare him to someone like Jun Yong Park lol. Who did Izzy beat that had great grappling? Brunson and Vettori lol. What a joke. And grandpa Romero who never even uses his wrestling.

You know what the problem is sometimes, people don't watch fights to actually see how good fighters and their level. People see statistics and accomplishments and assume a fighter is elite based on that. Like in this case with Ikram saying he's a 4 time Combat Sambo champ. That's great and all, but how he develops his mma game at a high level is what matter. And he hasn't come close to doing that yet. Izzy who's good great TDD and would pretty much go right through Ikram like nothing. Perreira would knock him out as well.

If people bothered to watch Ikrams fights it would be pretty clear rather than just listing his sambo numbers and that he put up a decent fight for 3 mins vs Khamzat before getting KO'd.

I was checking his fights once he was being talked about and a name came up, Nahson Burrel. It sounded familiar, I looked it up and yes...he was a UFC fighter for 2 fights and I recalled he fought Wonderboy. So I watched the fight. Now Burrell is pretty much a career journeymen who's had no success in bigger promotions like UFC and Bellator. He doesnt have a background in anything and is a low level grappler. And with all the hype around Ikram, I was surprised that he only beat Burrell 29-28. Keep in mind this fights was a year ago. He used his wrestling and got TD's but Burrell got up or reversed him every time and by the third round he was landing his strikes while Ikram couldn't apply his grappling well.

To answer your question, Park is actually a more proven and better fighter at this point. So that is how you can compare them. Before we start talking about Ikram vs the champs, let see him beating some unranked guys first. But if he looks like he did vs Burrell, he's not gonna have much success.

If people bothered to watch Ikrams fights it would be pretty clear rather than just listing his sambo numbers and that he put up a decent fight for 3 mins vs Khamzat before getting KO'd.
"Perreira would knock him out as well."

Good lord, that's horrendous.

And yes, I have seen all of his fights. Don't you worry.

Ikram is still very green as an MMA fighter, he's still learning. Most of his fights, he just dominated and didn't get any experience. He needs that. His skills there, he just needs to mix it up and use it well.

"Perreira would knock him out as well."

Good lord, that's horrendous.

And yes, I have seen all of his fights. Don't you worry.

Ikram is still very green as an MMA fighter, he's still learning. Most of his fights, he just dominated and didn't get any experience. He needs that. His skills there, he just needs to mix it up and use it well.

So if watched his fights and you know this, stop comparing him to Perreira. You clearly see he's an inexperienced MMA fighter. His application of his grappling skills is clearly not at an elite level yet. He's beating regional guys. Perriera is a kickboxer, but his overall awareness and level in MMA is much higher. He would KO Ikram pretty quickly at this point.

He is a good fighter but saying he has a good chance of becoming champion is wildly inaccurate.

no it’s not. He is the only person to stuff all of Khamzats takedowns, has only lost to him, trains with the Khabib crew, is a sambo champion, dagestani wrestler. These guys are bred to be champion contenders.

So if watched his fights and you know this, stop comparing him to Perreira. You clearly see he's an inexperienced MMA fighter. His application of his grappling skills is clearly not at an elite level yet. He's beating regional guys. Perriera is a kickboxer, but his overall awareness and level in MMA is much higher. He would KO Ikram pretty quickly at this point.

no it’s not. Combat Sambo is amateur MMA. He has twice the fights of Poatan. And he is well rounded, while Poatan got grapplefucked by Izzy lmao.

FqEirb4XwBoBHTL.jpg

A NEEEEW CAR!!! lol

You know what the problem is sometimes, people don't watch fights to actually see how good fighters and their level. People see statistics and accomplishments and assume a fighter is elite based on that.
Right on. People will get giddy about Wikipedia stats like Olympic wrestling / judo pedigrees, NCAA records, Sambo wins, or ADCC medals, but all of that (while very impressive and respectable in its own right) does not guarantee anything in MMA. As a counter example (and sorry for using obvious ones): dudes like Horn and Hughes don't hold official BJJ belts but have submitted high-level BJJ dudes; GSP with no wrestling credentials to his name outwrestling dudes who wrestled from childhood and all through D-1.

You know what the problem is sometimes, people don't watch fights to actually see how good fighters and their level. People see statistics and accomplishments and assume a fighter is elite based on that. Like in this case with Ikram saying he's a 4 time Combat Sambo champ. That's great and all, but how he develops his mma game at a high level is what matter. And he hasn't come close to doing that yet. Izzy who's good great TDD and would pretty much go right through Ikram like nothing. Perreira would knock him out as well.

I was checking his fights once he was being talked about and a name came up, Nahson Burrel. It sounded familiar, I looked it up and yes...he was a UFC fighter for 2 fights and I recalled he fought Wonderboy. So I watched the fight. Now Burrell is pretty much a career journeymen who's had no success in bigger promotions like UFC and Bellator. He doesnt have a background in anything and is a low level grappler. And with all the hype around Ikram, I was surprised that he only beat Burrell 29-28. Keep in mind this fights was a year ago. He used his wrestling and got TD's but Burrell got up or reversed him every time and by the third round he was landing his strikes while Ikram couldn't apply his grappling well.

To answer your question, Park is actually a more proven and better fighter at this point. So that is how you can compare them. Before we start talking about Ikram vs the champs, let see him beating some unranked guys first. But if he looks like he did vs Burrell, he's not gonna have much success.

To be fair to Burrell he's one of the most underrated fighters in the world imo. If he ever got picked up again it wouldn't shock me if he had a similar time to Chris Curtis.

Reactions: JKS
To be fair to Burrell he's one of the most underrated fighters in the world imo. If he ever got picked up again it wouldn't shock me if he had a similar time to Chris Curtis.
I wouldn't go that far, one of the things that separate Burrell from someone like Curtis is consistency. Nah-Shon isn't bad, certainly better than his record indicates, but he's blown fights he should've won more times than I can count.

I think it's more likely he's one of those guys who pick up one decent UFC win and then wash out, probably losing close fights, than having a career renaissance.

Back