What happened to JJGF?

BJJChess

Rock&Roll forever BABY
@Yellow
Reaction score
What happened to Rickson's site? There are no updates for a very long time.

I was about to ask the same question.
In a way, I was suspicious about the level of commitment and continuity on this federation.

pretty sure it went the way of the dodo

Maybe Rickson was disappointed because his project wasn't going as he expected. A man with a high expectations... Too bad, I wish he would be more active.

some of my concerns:

If he chose to go surfing for 6 months instead of running the Federation, he would. No one could stop him. I mean he is the boss.

while they wanted to provide an alternative to the IBJJF and god knows it is about time someone else offers an alternative to offer some kind of competition.
I felt he had a hidden agenda as he wanted revamp the whole BJJ style of his Fed's members.
While I can see the appeal to such revamp, he is not the best at diffusing his knowledge. It is mostly the invisible Jiu Jitsu that needs to be felt and touch and therefore you are looking small seminar with a one on one approach to pass on the knowledge.

Also I felt that he should have started and spread his JJ a long time ago. I am not sure why he did not create a bigger organisation 20 years ago.

I feel it is a little bit too late.

Please note, I am not a hater. I admire him and I wish the new Fed the best.

They need to run their world cup with their own rules and see the support asap.

some of my concerns:

If he chose to go surfing for 6 months instead of running the Federation, he would. No one could stop him. I mean he is the boss.

while they wanted to provide an alternative to the IBJJF and god knows it is about time someone else offers an alternative to offer some kind of competition.
I felt he had a hidden agenda as he wanted revamp the whole BJJ style of his Fed's members.
While I can see the appeal to such revamp, he is not the best at diffusing his knowledge. It is mostly the invisible Jiu Jitsu that needs to be felt and touch and therefore you are looking small seminar with a one on one approach to pass on the knowledge.

Also I felt that he should have started and spread his JJ a long time ago. I am not sure why he did not create a bigger organisation 20 years ago.

I feel it is a little bit too late.

Please note, I am not a hater. I admire him and I wish the new Fed the best.

They need to run their world cup with their own rules and see the support asap.

rickson seems like the type of guy that has the ability nor the desire to run any kind of long-lasting business organization. He's a guy who fights. He doesn't have his own school, and only does seminars.

Apparently they've chosen to focus on invisible jiu jitsu.

I was surprised and disappointed that Rickson's org was so similar to IBJJF, and I think that's the biggest thing that hindered it. Aside from removing advantages, it had the same over-regulated point system, and dictatorial structure as IBJJF.

I was surprised and disappointed that Rickson's org was so similar to IBJJF, and I think that's the biggest thing that hindered it. Aside from removing advantages, it had the same over-regulated point system, and dictatorial structure as IBJJF.

The thing that Carlos did that was so brilliant was run a tournament series, then govern it with a federation. He didn't ask people to sign up for the federation.

Logical next step: invisible federation.

When will people realise that the Gracies live for making money. If this organisation has gone bankrupt already then they've scammed many people with affliations.

Back