What happened to Stipe?

I drift in and out, as you can probably guess from the join date/post count ratio. Thinking maybe I'll take a break again for a while. Even the off topic section is boring lately.
I did not look at your profile, so I’ll take your word for it ;)

"Stipe is a Piece of shit". -- bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}

DC saw the opening, trained to set himself up for it & hit the button.

button hit > consciousness

DC caught him flush on the jaw and threw his whole body into that hook. He hit him so hard he broke his own hand, with wraps and gloves on. (...) Stipe didn't see the punch coming at all. DC took advantage of a hole in his game that Stipe was completely unaware of. It was also a perfect hole for DC to exploit, he is most dangerous in the clinch and on the breaks with his dirty boxing uppercuts and hooks. He knew that Stipe backs out of the clinch with his hands down from watching tape and took full advantage of it.

Good analysis. Plus he said in an interview that he baited Stipe into spinning into his fist (by threatening the takedown with his other arm), which gave it more power.

Talking about game planning in an interview once, Stipe said that every fighter has a hole in their game — including him. He may have called himself best or greatest HW on occasion as self-promotion requires (you know, the kind of stuff people complain that he doesn't do enough), but never, ever has he pretended to be perfect.

DC identified a small thing in Stipe's fight behavior that fell in that tiny sliver of an overlap between Stipe's minor faults and DC's major strengths. He did everything he could to maximize his chances of exploiting it. He pulled off a perfect moment, and kudos to him.

DC can thank Overeem for shattering Stipe's chin. No longer can take a shot worth a damn. I'm surprised DC's is worth a shit at this point.

It seemed that DC the pressure fighter didn't respond too well at being pressured himself early in the Volkov fight, DC admitted to as much. Possibly Stipe's team thought that was the way to go. Stipe certainly has had more experience with that of late than, say, high kicks like what Bones got DC with.

Volkov fight?

Back