What if Jon Snow's mom was a "nobody"?

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How do you think the reaction would be to that? Outrage? Division with one side saying "Hey it's your fault for speculating so much with your fan theories"

Let's say the twist is that Jon Snow's mom was just some random hooker Eddard Stark spent a night with.

And the theme is: Bloodlines don't matter. Anyone can achieve greatness, even people with low social status like bastards.

How would you feel about that?

I wouldn't feel anything because that's what we were lead to believe anyway before the reveal.

Besides... That's basically what happened in the new
Star Wars movies
and no one really cared.

Not sure who or whom we're talking of, but is she fit?

I wouldn't feel anything because that's what we were lead to believe anyway before the reveal.

Besides... That's basically what happened in the new
Star Wars movies
and no one really cared.

Many are pissed off about that and think that it will be retconned

I remember I avoided all the fan speculation for GoT then some loudmouth fans kept spouting R + L = J and I was able to piece it together....and it ruined the reveal to me.

It was still satisfying though.

I wonder if in the books it will turn out different.

I remember I avoided all the fan speculation for GoT then some loudmouth fans kept spouting R + L = J and I was able to piece it together....and it ruined the reveal to me.

It was still satisfying though.

I wonder if in the books it will turn out different.
The theory originates from the books so not likely

The theory originates from the books so not likely

GRRM asked D&D "Who is Jon's mom?" and he liked their answer and allowed them to greenlight the TV show. I took that as he could sense they loved the books, and he wanted passionate people adapting his story on screen.

GRRM also just said he is struggling with writing Winds of Winter. He has writer's block and can't figure out an ending to it. And that after he finishes it...he might not even write A Dream of Spring next, but rather a prequel or spin-off book.

I doubt we will ever see A Dream of Spring. I honestly think the fact that the TV show has gone ahead of the books has made GRRM less motivated to finish his story.

How do you think the reaction would be to that? Outrage? Division with one side saying "Hey it's your fault for speculating so much with your fan theories"

Let's say the twist is that Jon Snow's mom was just some random hooker Eddard Stark spent a night with.

And the theme is: Bloodlines don't matter. Anyone can achieve greatness, even people with low social status like bastards.

How would you feel about that?

The TV show already showed his parents.

The TV show already showed his parents.

I know. And it would have been a shock to me if I hadn't heard so many fans talking about R+L=J.

Actually part of me thought: "I wonder if D&D will NOT go that route just to subvert the fans' expectations" - which would have been dumb

I know. And it would have been a shock to me if I hadn't heard so many fans talking about R+L=J.

Actually part of me thought: "I wonder if D&D will NOT go that route just to subvert the fans' expectations" - which would have been dumb
Iirc, he said he tries to not let predictions sway what he writes one way or the other.

Many are pissed off about that and think that it will be retconned

Why do fanboys demand that Jedi spring from some pure bloodline but everyone accepts all these Sith coming out of nowhere?

I thought it was explained that the universe seeks a balance in the force so it would make sense that a Jedi could be born out of nowhere in times of need. There were a lot of things wrong with that movie but Rey's heritage wasn't one of them.

It would be very bad in my opinion because the cripple has already seen it in visions. Killing John Snow would be better in line with the story than pulling the rug on the build up.

Why do fanboys demand that Jedi spring from some pure bloodline but everyone accepts all these Sith coming out of nowhere?

I thought it was explained that the universe seeks a balance in the force so it would make sense that a Jedi could be born out of nowhere in times of need. There were a lot of things wrong with that movie but Rey's heritage wasn't one of them.

I would rather that a lot more people are capable of force powers in Star Wars but for one reason or another can't or don't know about them or how to control it. Like most go through life, just thinking they have a good gut feeling of how things are going to happen.

But she isn’t. So this thread is, well, pointless.

I don't know. I didn't even care about Rey's parents being nobodies, I had no problem with it, the movie just flat out sucked ass.

GRRM asked D&D "Who is Jon's mom?" and he liked their answer and allowed them to greenlight the TV show. I took that as he could sense they loved the books, and he wanted passionate people adapting his story on screen.

GRRM also just said he is struggling with writing Winds of Winter. He has writer's block and can't figure out an ending to it. And that after he finishes it...he might not even write A Dream of Spring next, but rather a prequel or spin-off book.

I doubt we will ever see A Dream of Spring. I honestly think the fact that the TV show has gone ahead of the books has made GRRM less motivated to finish his story.

I hear ya. What I meant was R+L=J has been around since before the show even started. GRRM knew Jons parentage from the start of writing the books (The hints are all there throughout Book 1) and asking the showrunners was his way of testing them to see if they were worthy.

I would also be surprised if ADoS ever gets written, or WoW for that matter lol but here's hoping!

I would rather that a lot more people are capable of force powers in Star Wars but for one reason or another can't or don't know about them or how to control it. Like most go through life, just thinking they have a good gut feeling of how things are going to happen.

Exactly. Now it's just one good jedi vs. one bad sith.

I thought we would have more. Additionally, I thought Han and Leia would have more than one child. Sibling dynamics can be very interesting.

Last edited:

It's because she is so OP w/ little to no training. I'd be ok with her being just a random girl if she wasn't this powerful.

Then some are upset because they see it as a retcon - JJ planned for her to have a "very significant" lineage according to his best friend Simon Pegg.

In the canon novels they say she gained her force skills by "downloading" them from Kylo Ren. who cares about training?

Last edited:
Back