What in your opinion would be the 1 thing to change to make the UFC be/look more professional?

Ufc needs to make it more about the sport, the fighters and the fans > constant ufc brand propaganda pushing agenda and greedy profiteering

I've never thought I would say this but, honestly? Dana Fucking White.
The guy has done and still does a great job, I think he's charismatic in his own way and I like him, but he has a certain lowlife scummy mobster smell about him so if you want it to look more professional just put a suit there who answers questions in a prophylactic/sterilized way and be done with it.

An easy one for being more professional is not having the President of the company routinely trash the athletes and engage in public feuds. It’s embarrassing and makes them look bush league.

Transparency in a lot of different aspects is key to me.
The decision scoring process should be exceedingly clear.

Rankings should be clear and more importantly the effect of rankings on matchmaking/title shots

Media should ask real questions and demand actual answers.

most importantly NO MORE ALI. The dude is a literal cancer on the sport and the scandal that comes from him will make the Krause shit look like a joke

pride_fc_ring.jpg

Ring
Ring is horrible for mma. Breaks the action when they are on the ropes.

<{danayeah}>

This clown.

When a clown is in a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus, and the UFC is a circus because of him.

He did a job and brought the UFC somewhere, good for him, but now he has to gtfo and let a more professional and serious President take the UFC to the next level.

It will never be taken seriously with DW letting slip F'bombs left and right, giving "Baddest Motherfucker" belts, his "World Fucking Domination" slogan, and other juvenile crap like that

View attachment 958680

what about 'fuck it Fridays'? Quality content right there

There's no silver bullet that will magically make the UFC any less of a circus but any of these is a step in the right direction.

No Dana
Fighters union
Judge accountability
No ring girls
Better entrances

A better profits split. 50/50 between fighters on the card and the promotion.

…but that’s if I can only change 1 thing. If I could I would also like to add health insurance for every fighter on the roster (same as other major sports) my friends father played in the NBA and kept his health insurance for the remainder of his life. He played in the 80’s and still gets checkups using his insurance that the NBA pays for for the rest of his life.

Any permutation could also be just the sport completely collapsing and the company with it. So no Dana anymore, but also no sport. Wouldn't say that would be better.

Gotta give a more detailed scenario, bud.
Your “sport” is incredibly unhealthy if Dana has a heart attack, car accident, etc and it collapses.
Please name the sports that have collapsed due to an executive leaving?
Gotta give me a realistic scenario, bih

Only one thing that is within the UFC's control. If you could change just one thing for the betterment of the sport and company, to make it more professional as a whole, what would it be?

For me, better commentators. No guys like Joe who is just doing it as a side gig and is so clearly not involved enough anymore with the MMA world to be a talking head on all things MMA during a broadcast. No guys like DC that clearly show lack of dedication by not doing their homework. Also, they should be obligated to be taught the official scoring criteria and be aware that the official scoring criteria has precedence over their own thoughts and feels on how to score a fight. Furthermore, less small talk getting in the way of calling what is happening in the fight. More focus and more discipline. Lastly, they should be taught the importance of impartiality.

<DCWhoa><30>

you-lack-discipline-south-park.gif

The things youre complaining literally still happens in all professional sports commentary.

Nice try. You exposed yourself.

Reveal how much the fighters actually make so the sherdog retards can stop complaining about money.

get rid of corrupt and/or incompetent judges.

Whether they are PAID to give a certain fighter the win or they are simply ADVISED who the UFC would like to win, or whether they simply have no idea what they're seeing in a fight, i do not know.

SOLUTION:
FIVE JUDGES for all fights. 2 can be stupid or liars or corrupt but as long as we have 3 good ones, then it'll be ok.

And the commission should have the power to LIFETIME BAN any judge who in their view did a poor job and got the decision wrong.
Judges seem far too "Untouchable" to me. That is wrong. If you cannot do your job, then your banned and someone else can do it who is honest and not fucking blind.
I think it sounds good, but let's be real... It would probably end up not helping at all. The judges suck, at the end of the day. Wouldnt change a thing.

It becoming a fighter cooperative.

Transparency in a lot of different aspects is key to me.
The decision scoring process should be exceedingly clear.

Rankings should be clear and more importantly the effect of rankings on matchmaking/title shots

Media should ask real questions and demand actual answers.

most importantly NO MORE ALI. The dude is a literal cancer on the sport and the scandal that comes from him will make the Krause shit look like a joke
If I had to pick one thing it would be transparency. Contracts ($, term) should be public knowledge and easily accessible like other sporting league/orgs. We should know exactly which fights were offered, who accepted, who turned down.

Back