What instructional do you recommend

Get the grapplers guide lifetime subscription

There's the 4000+ Jason Scully videos that about 70% is no gi

There are also very good Craig Jones videos on Z guard, leg locks and even leg lock defense

But the one that is worth the subscription alone is the new Lachlan Giles series on butterfly, shin to shon, slx and X guard. All for no gi

This is more content on those guard than even the wardzinski dvd.

It has been a game changer for me over the past few weeks. There are so much guard retention stuff against most of the passing techniques and a lot of transition and attack concepts.

These are the only tapes you need, playboy:

wards butterfly dvd is NOT
Other than Danaher and Wardziński.For no-gi
wards butterfly dvd is NOT good for no gi 90% of it revolves around cloth grips i was disappointed i found like 1 technique i liked out of the while dvd

Depends on what you are looking for? What are you trying to work on?

Instead of making a new similar thread I’ll hijack this one (sorry OP!)

Anyone got any opinions on Craig Jones vs Danaher’s leg lock dvds? Heard great things about both. This is coming from the perspective of a primarily gi guy looking to work more on no-gi leg locks.

Good starter for no gi I found ts was saulo Ribeiro freestyle revolution, but nothing leglock wise but again in terms of starter stuff should be good enough ... +1 on GG with Jason scullly so much good stuff over there got it last year on Black Friday can’t beat a one time payment for lifetime access, plus this year it’s even Jesper to sign up lol wish I waited

To hijacker guy, I have the modern leglock formula with Stephan kesting and it’s very comprehensive, I heard good things about Craig Jones dvd as well

There are also very good Craig Jones videos on Z guard, leg locks and even leg lock defense

But the one that is worth the subscription alone is the new Lachlan Giles series on butterfly, shin to shon, slx and X guard. All for no gi

It has been a game changer for me over the past few weeks. There are so much guard retention stuff against most of the passing techniques and a lot of transition and attack concepts.

Second this ^

Instead of making a new similar thread I’ll hijack this one (sorry OP!)

Anyone got any opinions on Craig Jones vs Danaher’s leg lock dvds? Heard great things about both. This is coming from the perspective of a primarily gi guy looking to work more on no-gi leg locks.

Craig Jones stuff is really advanced, not that he doesn't teach well, it's just that his entries are from Z guard, RDLR and you need to invert a lot to do them.

Danaher's is like an encyclopedia, it's just all the basics and it's I like how he organized the content. You have a long intro with a lot of blabbering about leg lock domination of the world... But after that you have complete and detailed content about the 3 main positions and how to finish... I was a complete newbie on leglocks before I bought this set and now I become competent at getting into 411/ saddle from SLX and from top half guard, I can get some heel hooks from time to time, still working on my finishing skills. But it's only been a couple of months and my leg lock defense sky rocketed, because I understand the positions really well.

o

This is more content on those guard than even the wardzinski dvd.

That lachlan giles stuff is on grapplers guide?

That lachlan giles stuff is on grapplers guide?

Yes absolutely, it's about a 100 videos (some are very short about 1 minute, most of them are in the 3 minutes range), like I said, there's a lot of stuff on retention and counters to guard passes. This is what makes that series so wonderful, it's not just the sweeps, he talks about all the things that can happen to you when you play those guards and how to avoid them or counter them.

There's also a lot of details on good positionning and grip fighting strategies, just watching the videos and listening to him made me better even without drilling it, he shows good and simple concepts for playing those guards

if u bought kolats wrestling site dont ug et grapplers guide for free?

How so? Kolat's site is done by Kolat, grappler guide by some random dude.

The random dude posted lately that kolat is gonna give access to is site on the grapplers guide. Because Kolat stopped updating is content, unlike the random dude.

Kolat is now free for everyone (you just have to sign up).

Yes absolutely, it's about a 100 videos (some are very short about 1 minute, most of them are in the 3 minutes range), like I said, there's a lot of stuff on retention and counters to guard passes. This is what makes that series so wonderful, it's not just the sweeps, he talks about all the things that can happen to you when you play those guards and how to avoid them or counter them.

There's also a lot of details on good positionning and grip fighting strategies, just watching the videos and listening to him made me better even without drilling it, he shows good and simple concepts for playing those guards

Sounds awesome. His Black Friday deal is only $97, so I'm gonna jump on that.

The random dude posted lately that kolat is gonna give access to is site on the grapplers guide. Because Kolat stopped updating is content, unlike the random dude.

Kolata's site is now free. So did random dude give access to the grapplers guide to kolat's life time subscribers in exchange for the videos?

Eddie Cummings DVD is the highest quality in leg locks DVDs but limited in scope (he shows a bunch of info on how to finish and defend heel hooks).

How so? Kolat's site is done by Kolat, grappler guide by some random dude.

i remember reading a thread on here saying kolat went in with some guy and if u bought kolats or vice versa u get the other 2

Back