What is the most brutal straight right you have ever seen?

Try reading, lads. It will benefit you greatly. Also, explanations have posted in the thread. I’m not re-posting them for each of you cans.

Enjoy learning.
lemonoftroy61.png

SoAV re-explaining himself to Sherplebs.

How could we forget Kimbo's no touch KO?

tuvCq6.gif

Fedor had a great straight right, unbelievably fast. I remember footage of Fedor sparring a Russian boxer (Denis something) and leading with the straight right (and landing it).
Quadros: There's that right hand lead!!!

fedor_emelianenko_03.gif

Indeed. I’m glad there are people who know what they’re talking about. He was extremely good with it and also often used it to set up takedowns.

YQBLlnZ.gif
Fedor had a few of those that night. Legendary performance

tumblr_mc65ynEoZi1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Damn, slowed down you cans see how atrocious his training was. Those boys in Milwaukee should be ashamed.
The little bunny hops and complete lack of planting the feed are literally day 1 lessons

The one I land on Jones when I am dreaming.

With him, people can say at least he went out there.
No, man. Lesnar and Bautista and a bunch of other pro wrestlers decided to take fights to see if they had what it takes. They took fights in small promotions and found out. CM Punk went straight to the UFC with 0 fights, didn't even know which weightclass he would be fighting in. It was vanity. He wanted to have a UFC fight without the effort it takes to get there. For the money he made that night most people would take that embarrassing fight. I would.

Yes. His elbow flares out so not quite perfect technically, but mechanically it's certainly thrown down the middle.
It is much more of a right cross or could maybe be considered a an overhand right. In strict boxing a straight right is defined as keeping the body and head on the centerline and the punch being thrown down the midline. If the punch is thrown where either the head dips to the left or the arm cross over the centerline in a slight looping or diagnol direction, it is a right cross.

It does look like an Overhand from that angle but maybe that is because Rogers was a lot taller than Fedor.

It looks more like a straight right from this angle:

fedor-ko-rogers.gif
That is definitely more of a right cross. Look how Fedors punch lands on the side of Roger's face and jaw and continues through him and crosses over the midline of his body. By defintion, If we are talking about boxing technique, definition, rights stay on the midline with little to know sideways headmovement.

That is definitely more of a right cross. Look how Fedors punch lands on the side of Roger's face and jaw and continues through him and crosses over the midline of his body. By defintion, If we are talking about boxing technique, definition, rights stay on the midline with little to know sideways headmovement.

Where it lands on Rogers’ face is irrelevant. He’s clearly turning. By your reasoning this can’t be considered a straight right either.

jorge-masvidal-masvidal.gif

There’s very little difference between the two. Both can be considered a couple of different punches.

More generally, not every punch can be neatly placed within a single category. If you feel it’s clearly 100% a cross then go nuts. Others seem convinced it’s an overhand. Others have no problem calling it a straight.

Whole load of people who don't know the difference between a straight right and overhand right ITT.

They just be posting right hand punches at this point.

What did Machida hit Silva with before the follow up? That was a straight wasn't it? Found it, yeah it was a straight right but pretty lame actually:

url

Last edited:
Fedor threw looping punches, often with the thumb down. That's no secret.
Still a majestic hit

Back