Media What Moves/Techniques Still Haven't Landed in the UFC?

giphy.gif

Dude, WTF? That first counter strike is next-level shit. Why hasn't Anderson blessed the world with this? Double-fist all these dehydrated fighters in teh kidneys.

not the fanciest move, but i want to see this one. John Hackleman calls it an arc strike, i guess its basically a full power palm strike to the temple/side of head...how funny would it be if someone said "what did the five fingers say to the face?" right before throwing it

This isn't exactly the same as what you're looking for but Luiz had the best slap to punch combo in the UFC ever on Sokoju.

imgres

tumblr_m6va4nAt1O1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Not exactly what you are looking for but great use of a slap to also pull down the right guard for a left cross.

not the fanciest move, but i want to see this one. John Hackleman calls it an arc strike, i guess its basically a full power palm strike to the temple/side of head...how funny would it be if someone said "what did the five fingers say to the face?" right before throwing it

Bless Keith Hackney vs Emmanuelle Yarborough, heavenly thunder palm

That wasn't a gogoplata or omoplata. It was some sort of modified guillotine/darce. I think gogo's are specific to the shin choke.

I haven't heard of a gogoplata being done with the arms/hands, I could be wrong but I thought it was specific to choking someone with your shin/lower leg.

You are correct. They’ve been done in other orgs, just never the UFC

I'm still waiting for this. Maybe barboza could land it some time.

kickboxer.gif

V0mfE4.gif

Lol, even in a VD movie the other guy needs to stand perfectly still in order for this shit to land.

You are correct. They’ve been done in other orgs, just never the UFC

Yeah apparently gogoplata is with legs if you do a modified Guillotine with a lever over the throat it's a Guillotine/gogo or 10 finger guillotine.

Dude, WTF? That first counter strike is next-level shit. Why hasn't Anderson blessed the world with this? Double-fist all these dehydrated fighters in teh kidneys.

the karate chop to the back of the lizard's neck was kind of a dirty move though

Pressure points
Purple nurple
Full Nelson
Boston Crab
Arabian Goggles
Submission - rape choke

I used to wrestle, it's not a fun move to get caught in. I like seeing wrestlers use pain pins for subs in MMA though. The twister(wrestler's guillotine) and Hughes' front headlock choke on Almedia were awesome for me as a former wrestler.
Considering who he did it on, that's one of Hughes' career highlights.

LoL Definately want to see someone pull off the karate kid krane kick at the start of a match...... that would make my day:)
<Moves>

We’ll never see the Fulton Bottom again

the karate chop to the back of the lizard's neck was kind of a dirty move though

Lizard was trained really well. No matter how painful those strikes were, he kept a game face and stayed in Kirk's range without fear. I like the lizard's pressure, too.

Back