What movie sequels can happen now that the star is the right age?

Most of the ones I wanted to see...the stars have aged through and past the window. Arnold is too old for a good King Conan. Travolta is too old for a good Saturday Night Fever III with an older Tony Manero just hanging onto a career or trying to make a comeback or doing a Creed like transition to director / choreographer. Michael Biehn and Sigourney Weaver were pushing too old for Alien 2.5 when Blomkamp was pitching that...and that was maybe like a decade ago now. Rob Lowe would have been good for a Youngblood 2 up to his late forties.

I guess you could mine the earlier careers of Matt Damon, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise etc. and see if any story really invites another chapter the way Top Gun did. But not much comes to mind.

I don't know...Brad Pitt trying to help solve a case from prison in a sequel to Seven?

I'd be down for an Old Man Logan or Unforgiven type of James Bond movie with Timothy Dalton as he is now.

There is talk of a Young Guns 3 with Emilio Estevez as a 50 or 60 year old Brushy Bill Roberts / William Bonny. It would have potential with good writing and a budget. But chances are it will get done wrong. Emilio is also one of those guys who seems like he isn't supposed to exist as an older man...kind of like how Hayley Joel Osment doesn't seem right on screen as an adult. I don't know if Emilio can be legitimately grizzled and rugged but he did some good acting in the first two. I think a movie like Old Henry probably was already a better concept and execution for a Young Guns 3 than we'll actually get.

I didn't know it until I read your post , but I am super pro young guns 3 (old guns1) and would love to see Emilio play Billie the kid again. I loved that character and have been quoting him my entire life.

But I promise you you will not make it

Is one of my fave sayings of all time.

I didn't know it until I read your post , but I am super pro young guns 3 (old guns1) and would love to see Emilio play Billie the kid again. I loved that character and have been quoting him my entire life.

By god I am New Mexico.

Lemme tell you something Mr new mexico

I wouldn't give a bucket of piss for your future

All the best lines in the movie all in one scene. Please God let this movie happen .

It was a sharp screenplay. Lots of good lines in good scenes.

Best dollar eighty I ever spent.

The good news...there's lots of it.

Which way? (law way)

The next time you address me common I will put you on your prissy little ass.

Let's finish the game.

It was a sharp screenplay. Lots of good lines in good scenes.

Best dollar eighty I ever spent.

The good news...there's lots of it.

Which way? (law way)

The next time you address me common I will put you on your prissy little ass.

Let's finish the game.

Thinking about the law way scenes got me cracking up. I'm gonna have to watch them shits in a minute when I go up for the night.

Just watched this scene a second ago and it's fulla killer lines too. I love that the boys know he's gonna do it don't try to stop it and just wait to see how bad it's gonna be.

PCU 2: Jeremy Piven as the dean as a sort of Old School crossover, turned into a dickhead. John Favreau as a clean-cut conservative and David Spade as a burnout stoner after his downfall in the original movie, living Jake Busey who still plays ultimate Frisbee and lives on campus. Never having changed his station in life.

Thinking about the law way scenes got me cracking up. I'm gonna have to watch them shits in a minute when I go up for the night.

Just watched this scene a second ago and it's fulla killer lines too. I love that the boys know he's gonna do it don't try to stop it and just wait to see how bad it's gonna be.

It's a legitimately great scene. They're both very underrated movies. Emilio Estevez was born to play Billy the Kid. His best acting by far.

How bout 49-year old Nomi Malone in Showgirls 2: city of MILFs

She still looks good enough to give a lapdance

63459225-11314457-image-m-105_1665723363945.jpg
Her boobs got bigger? Def sequel worthy!

I thought I recently read something about a Young Guns sequel, but I thought they were all dead. Sounded like Emilio would be in it.

Edward Furlong in a Terminator sequel where Sarah Connor successfully stopped the machine takeover from happening and now he's just some schlub that never amounted to anything. The first 30 mins of the movie is just a depressing slice of life/character study with him working some shitty job and getting drunk in bars telling people how he was supposed to be the leader of the resistance. He's sitting in a bar watching the news and a story pops up about a new startup claiming to have perfected AI.

Then Michale Biehn and a Terminator show up.

Edward Furlong in a Terminator sequel where Sarah Connor successfully stopped the machine takeover from happening and now he's just some schlub that never amounted to anything. The first 30 mins of the movie is just a depressing slice of life/character study with him working some shitty job and getting drunk in bars telling people how he was supposed to be the leader of the resistance. He's sitting in a bar watching the news and a story pops up about a new startup claiming to have perfected AI.

Then Michale Biehn and a Terminator show up.
It's too bad he didn't grow up to be a badass-looking dude and good actor, because they could've given us a Terminator movie where he's the grown up leader of the human resistance, and this time give it to a competent director instead of that idiot McG from salvation.

Maybe Kurt Russel? maybe Snake Plissken is more of a cool young mans character but Jack Burton or McCready I could see older versions.

Maybe a Big Trouble In Little China sequel were people seek out Burton as a mentor to help them deal with some Chinese supernatural menance and its played for comedy that he actually has little useful advice/knowledge and just bullshits his way though.

I think Burton is a little more trapped in time as a younger man than Snake Plissken for me. I think an older Rambo 4 style Snake in Escape from Whatever could work...but Escape from LA kind of killed everything. Even as a young man, Snake was grizzled and kind of seemed 50 in a way.

Hailee Steinfeld can play a grown up version of her character in True Grit.

I think Burton is a little more trapped in time as a younger man than Snake Plissken for me. I think an older Rambo 4 style Snake in Escape from Whatever could work...but Escape from LA kind of killed everything. Even as a young man, Snake was grizzled and kind of seemed 50 in a way.
Escape from Detroit could take place today.

Back