What music do white kids listen to nowadays?

So how do kids have garage bands if that kind of music doesn’t exist anymore?

God music has sucked for the last 15 years

Synthwave is the only good music currently being made and it is pretty fucking good.
No good rock or metal now
and motherfuck all eras of country bullshit fuckface music

Synthwave is the only good music currently being made and it is pretty fucking good.
No good rock or metal now
and motherfuck all eras of country bullshit fuckface music
A lot of synthwave artists are metalheads

It's true, unfortunately. There have been no rock bands in the past 10 years that have matched the listenership of acts like Luke Bryan, Luke Combs, Brett Young, etc.

Stuff like this gets hundreds of millions of views.

Never heard of any of those cans, and I thought a decent amount of ppl still listen to stuff like the killers

I'm a millenial, my situation may be different since I'm from texas but I remember in school the actual cool white kids who played sports and stuff like that were mostly in to country. The white kids who listened to rock were mostly misfits like skaters, goths, nerds stuff like that. Maybe stuff like nickelback was cool to the girls but not the guys. Nowadays I imagine the ratio is even worse for rock music
No one listens to rap in texas?

I hear malryn manson is making a comeback.

I remember back when I was in school we would ask people what they listened to and ppl were like "everything but country" lol

Never heard of any of those cans, and I thought a decent amount of ppl still listen to stuff like the killers

You thought wrong. The Killers put out a new album last year, they don't even get 5% of the views of this guy:

No one listens to rap in texas?
Well all the younger black people and most younger mexican americans do, but I was just talking about white kids in my comment. There were some white kids listening to rap when I was a kid but not much. A lot of the wigger kids who really liked rap mostly grew out of it as adults and became rednecks which was funny to see. I think it's different now though and a lot more kids down here like rap for sure

The very fact your kid bought vinyl shows he is an outlier. I really respect his good taste and that he is truly delving into music, appreciating artists 20 or even 30 years before his time.

But he is definitely not representative of his generation.

That’s typical of college aged kids. Age 12-16 is that top 40 age group.

Well all the younger black people and most younger mexican americans do, but I was just talking about white kids in my comment. There were some white kids listening to rap when I was a kid but not much. A lot of the wigger kids who really liked rap mostly grew out of it as adults and became rednecks which was funny to see. I think it's different now though and a lot more kids down here like rap for sure
how old are you bro, i remember most of the white kids listened to rap in the 2000s

Shitty hip hop and pop fusion stuff. So the same as the last 20 to 25 years.

Do you think that is a result of rap killing off rock? Seems like at some point it wasnt cool anymore to listen to rock. Rock music in the past had these larger than life stars who all the guys wanted to be like and all the girls wanted to be with. Now it's all rappers that fill those roles. The only rock station in my city plays older stuff. I don't even know what modern rock sounds like other than cold play or maroon 5 or some shit like that. But if was a young white kid and I had to choose between those guys or someone like travis scott or dababy that's out there living the rockstar lifestyle like those guys from the 80s, it seems like an easy pick to me
I was a teen in the late 90s/early 00s and by then mainstream rock was already going out of style. I was part of a group of rock/metal/goth/punk guys, and we definitely noticed those genres shrinking rapidly.

Luke Bryan is for 30 something women

True but he still has more of an audience than The Killers or any other rock band.

So does this garbage.

Here's a YouTube comment that tells the story:

"2013: listening it with my girlfriend
2017: listening it with my fiancee
2018: listening it with my wife
2020: going to listen it with my baby"

My 12 year old son listens to Linkin Park and a few other bands of that genre. As far as new music I have no idea.

I would say hip hop since Rock takes itself way too seriously or emotionally now. Kids want to have FUN. Sex, drugs, and partying. That all seems to be in hip hop now.

It's sad to think there are a lot of people out there who think that the rock and metal industry is dead. It isn't and there a lot of really amazing bands making killer music. King Buffalo being one of them. Their album Dead Star from last year is amazing

It's sad to think there are a lot of people out there who think that the rock and metal industry is dead. It isn't and there a lot of really amazing bands making killer music. King Buffalo being one of them. Their album Dead Star from last year is amazing

Listen to 30 seconds of if. Sounds cool but also kinda sounds like tool

Back