What popular food you havent tried but want to?

I'm from Boston as you know and have had good Peking duck here, but the best I ever had was in Amsterdam in the early/mid 2000s. I knew a guy who lived there and he knew a really good spot. Amsterdam's probably known more for Middle Eastern than Chinese cuisine, though.

Never been to Amsterdam lol

I live in Maine and I still haven't tried lobster. I'm the type of person that won't eat stuff if it looks gross so (So as dumb as that sounds) that's probably the main reason why I haven't

I've never once been impressed with lobster.

Balmain or Morton Bay bugs however are amazing. Related I believe.

If at all possible, get the real deal.

Lou Malnati's in Chicago is delicious.

I visited my cousin and my aunt in Chicago and we did dinner there and then took home I think 6 pizzas which we froze.
So good.

There is something about pizza, and dough based products like bagels that I think has something to do with the water but what it boils down to is that there is no legit substitute. You can't get an "authentic New York pizza" or bagel if you are more than 100 miles from New York and you can't get legit Chicago deep dish pizza outside of Chicago. Places may attempt to copy it but it won't be the same.

I've ordered deep dish pizzas from Goldbelly.com. I have tried Bartolini's, Lou Malnati's, Pequod's & Gino's East pizzas. I liked the Bartolini's & Lou Malnati's ones the best. The Bartolini's pizzas are the thickest & most loaded with cheese and toppings. The Lou Malnati's was good but less heavy & substantial. Pequod's comes with slightly burnt corners and tastes kind of like grilled cheese.

I've ordered deep dish pizzas from Goldbelly.com. I have tried Bartolini's, Lou Malnati's, Pequod's & Gino's East pizzas. I liked the Bartolini's & Lou Malnati's ones the best. The Bartolini's pizzas are the thickest & most loaded with cheese and toppings. The Lou Malnati's was good but less heavy & substantial. Pequod's comes with slightly burnt corners and tastes kind of like grilled cheese.
Malnati's is the only one I have had, but I enjoyed it.

goldbelly.com looks like it delivers!!

@buffpants22 yo, you can get the good shit sent right to you with free shipping dude!!
Screenshot_20230629_155711_Gallery.jpg

I've never had oysters; not sure if I should try them steamed or fried or whatever

throw-up-dry-heave.gif

I haven't had real restaurant quality ramen ever.
Came to say the same thing. I nice big bowl with all the fixings in an actual noodle house.

200w.gif

You need to expand your horizons, homie. I'm spoiled living in California, I eat other culture's food every week <Fedor23>
Seriously. I can drive down the street and find any type of food in 10 minutes. Probably less. Hell, I even found an Ethiopian restaurant before. It was good.

Most Indian food. I want to try it but I heard it might be to Spicy

amazing food

the spice level ranges, but a great dish to start of with is a phal.

A little kick but nothing too extreme

bon appetite

I ordered it three times when I was in Montreal each time thinking I must be missing something. I thought there would be some common spice or flavor to it but nope. Its just fries with gravy and cheese curds. It's awkward to eat and I have no idea why it's so popular there.

It's a decent snack at 3AM after the bars, but it's really not that impressive. Of all the food in the world, it's depressing that some people's answer is poutine.

Back