What rank should khamzat be this Tuesday ?

Versez

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see the new rankings. I would put khamzat 4th , even if ufc ranking do not mean something at all these days.

He's #1, because there is no one else who fans want to see fight. That's the bottom line, rankings mean nothing clearly. If you asked fans who they want to see fight Usman, yea, some will give Edwards his due (due to his win streak), but most will want Chimaev.

Dana said he’s going to be #2 in the post-fight press conference.

He should be 2 but he should take a slight step down in competition. Someone like Belal in a 5 round free card is a good fight for him. He needs to fight someone who doesn't really pose a threat but will be there with him until the 5th round.

As much as Colby is a coward in Khamzat's eyes. I don't think Colby is someone that gets steamrolled with strikes and Colby usually gets stronger during championship rounds.

I can’t wait to see the new rankings. I would put khamzat 4th , even if ufc ranking do not mean something at all these days.

I personally believe that Khamzat should have to take one more fight before the TS if we are to respect the integrity of the rankings. However, UFC doesn't do that a lot anymore and I don't think anyone will contest him getting the next title shot. Thats what everyone wants to see at this point.

Khamzat went to war last night and his stock has risen yet again. The hype continues. The guy can scrape, and him vs Colby or Usman will be a totally different fight.

Khamzat showed very good fight IQ yesterday. Never jumped into Burns guard at all, only continued grappling when he has control and the superior position. Got tired and realized he faired better to stand with Burns because had the speed advantage. The guy isnt high on his own supply like some people thought he might have been. Clear that he knows his limitations.

Best prospect we've seen in a long time, give him the TS.

He's #1, because there is no one else who fans want to see fight. That's the bottom line, rankings mean nothing clearly. If you asked fans who they want to see fight Usman, yea, some will give Edwards his due (due to his win streak), but most will want Chimaev.
Interesting take, unfortunately. Since it's all about popularity and IG followers nowadays, this is legit.

He objectively lost the fight, so maybe bump him up to 10 at the most, so now everyone can say he's Top Ten and feel better.

3 is appropriate. He is jumping from 11 to top 5. Leon and Colby should both be above him due to his body of work and I'm of the opinion Khamzat should take another fight before a title shot
Does Leon even have a top 5 win? Hasn't fought in almost a year and last fought a unranked LW. Burns was 2 so i'd give him that spot behind Colby. Make Usman vs Edwards and Colby vs Chimaev on the same card.

While smaller, giving chimaev a definitive size advantage, burns was ranked #2. Id probably put chimaev at #5. Muhammad's resume has no notable wins.

CHIMAEV goes to #2, Burns drops to #3 and everyone else below Burns drops one spot.

I don't think Burns should be penalized much in the rankings.

They all drop 1 spot because they were all too pussy to fight Khamzat in the first place.

Well... he just beat #2, so that would make him #2, with Burns arguably dropping to #3.

Back