What sport would you have gone pro in if you hadn’t got injured?

If I wasn't a lazy piece of shit, i could have gone pro in baseball i think. I was on the same team and better than 3 players that ended up in the pros. Jason Simotachi, Ryan Hancock and Justin Thompson all made it, with Justin being excellent before arm issues ended his career

Like 0.01% of folks can make a pro league, so I'm guessing almost no one here could go pro.

I don't think I'd be a pro but knee injury finished all my dreams to become a soccer player.

None, I realized I wasn’t an athlete by age 15 lol

Even if 100% healthy and enchanced with biotechnology, I couldn't go pro. Maybe golf had I gotten a swing coach in my youth but even then, odds are highly unlikely.

Although, going "pro" in mma is pretty easy considering how many bum leagues offer a few dollars to participate

Not pro, but I probably could have played D1 baseball. I quit late into my highschool career though because the sport is full of politics and massive egos.

Never had any really debilitating injuries, I played Aussie Rules as a kid (shithouse) cricket for years (much the same) and a lot of basketball. I was ok at basketball but was a 6 foot 1 power forward so you're going to only get to a certain level of course.

I've done boxing as I got to my 40s, wish i'd done it earlier, I wouldn't be Tyson Fury but I could have fought as an amateur I reckon.

If I didn’t get a very serious ankle sprain in 9th grade I probably would’ve went on to Rush for over 15,000 yards (career) for the fuckin Browns
napoleon-dynamite-uncle-rico.gif

Sports are only with ball and goal. Baseball nfl nba are not sports but team handball soccer water polo are sports whole goal line is not way to score but only that small goal unlike sports like nfl and mlb
Basketball the goal is the basket, this makes no sense. Most sports are played with opposing teams "goals" on opposite ends of the field in one way or another. Baseball is the rare sport where offense and defense for the same team play at different times.

I was never good enough but I guess it really could not be classified a sport was cross country running and track. I could run 5k in around 16 mins well short of being anything significant but the dude who I ran with got to the Olympic trials cross country "14.03 5K time just short of a national record" and his daughter was also on a national championship field hockey team. He became VP of business development really decent guy.

None of you guys had the makings of a varsity athlete.

I don't have what it takes to be an athlete. Not even close. I'm very average athletically. My body isn't durable enough and I don't have the discipline or mental determination required.

Being a Canadian kid, I obviously dreamed about being a hockey player. Mostly though, I imagined being a pro tennis player way more.

Back