Social What To Do In Orlando

@Brother Numsi i think you’re a brother from Portland so I hope you will enjoy this story, maybe.

I went to Orlando once on a company work trip with people from all over the country. It was a 2 week trip and we stayed at the same hotel and all had training together so we got to know each other fairly well. One of the guys I befriended also happened to befriend a larger black girl working the front desk at the hotel we were staying at. He was loud, and she was loud but all positive energy so it was great. It was cool cause she had a car and new of all the fun spots (apparently).

One of the nights she was off she wanted to take us to a club. Well she took us to an all black club in one of the most hood parts of town. Florida swamp hood is different from any kind I’ve seen before. Like literally not a single non black person in sight at the club we went to. Not even half, mixed or light skinned. Of course the only non black folk was me (Asian) and my friend (Arab) lol. Everyone looked like Hurricane Chris, Wacka Flocka Flame or Chris Johnson shoutout CJ2K. So coming from Portland where the black population is like less than 6% and even less in the burb I’m from…. To say it was a culture shock was quite the understatement.

I’m not sure if my first thought was wow cool they actually let us in? I feel out of place just a bit? or if I’m gonna get robbed and or died? Anyways nothing happened to us and everyone minded their own and it was like we didn’t even exist. Inside was shit I’ve never seen before. Topless bitches everyyyywhere! Twerking before the word became popular this was back in 2010 btw, dudes making it rain, playing dice for big monies and hot boxin the place. Never seen so much weed smoke in a place ever. It was like a rap video literally. I’ll never forget that experience lol good times.

We also went to Daytona Beach one of the weekends. That was fun and I remember it being not far from Orlando. Went to a couple strip clubs with extra friendly dancers even to us who were mostly poor 20 something year olds.

Also got to experience many hot outdoor showers at night. I learned Florida summer rain hits different from cold pacific NW rain.

Awesome story

I still sing that Hurricane Chris song, “Halle Berry” lol

I worked it down the hatch in Ponce inlet for a few months while I lived in daytona. Super good times. They're probably real expensive now they weren't cheap 10 years ago
I've eaten at Down the Hatch a few times. Kind of gravitated over to Aunt Catfish's on the river though.

Your friends obviously.

Is it one or 2 friends? Make up your mind.

I hear there might a amusement park in area.. but it's ultra woke , I wouldn't go.

I love me some Tron so I’ll check it out
Tron Light Cycle Run was awesome. I got a front row seat. You'll have to download the WDW app, and sign in for the Virtual Queue (there is no actual line) ASAP ? 0700 on the day you go to Magic Kingdom, or buy Genie + or Individual Lightning Lane. WDW sucks now in the sense that there's too much planning ahead with the damn WDW app. It's a little confusing at first.

I hear there might a amusement park in area.. but it's ultra woke , I wouldn't go.

Oh word?

Still might go. Don’t know if I’ll get another chance

I’m on the west coast under Cali and never been to the other “woke” spot. Went to Six Flags instead lol

My wife and I had more fun there than at Seaworld. We left Seaworld after 90 minutes when we realized it wasn't for us.

We went to Gatorland and it was just what we needed. Less people. Way more chill.

Yea , me and the wife liked it more than the animal kingdom , which was kind of a huge disappointment to me and I thought there would be more to see there. Just really liked walking that huge boardwalk and chatting my wife's ear off and finally getting to see a bird ride a gator and throwing 27 dollar chicken wings at fat boy gators. It was like we were kids again.

Food is awful in Orlando, all chains. They consider Tony Romas good food. Disney sucks, but Epcot is great. Universal is great fun if you like theme parks and rides.

Food is awful in Orlando, all chains. They consider Tony Romas good food. Disney sucks, but Epcot is great. Universal is great fun if you like theme parks and rides.

Can’t believe I’ve been contemplating whether I should go to Disneyworld when I’ve been wanting to go since I was little. I’ll probably still go just to see all the hub

Might skip Sea World and go to Gatorland as suggested

It's home to Disney, fat people and chain restaurants. I don't remember the name but we went to the French Restaurant in our hotel and it was shockingly one of the best French meals I've ever had. Mostly, if you're not going to the parks, it's pretty lame.

St. Pete is about 2 hours away and much cooler.

He's not moving there. He's just hitting the beach. My parents live in Volusia County(Ormond) and never have seen any homeless on the beaches there. He can decide for himself if he wants to park on the beach. There's plenty of off beach parking available. People play with their cellphones while driving regardless of whether they are on a beach or not. It's simply a fact of life.
He's just triggered because he saw someone in Daytona with a confederate flag.

<Ellaria01>

Back