What Was The Worst UFC PPV Card Ever (On Paper)?

For whatever reason, I have a memory of a feeling of hating UFC 137, but the card looks good on paper, it's weird. I think it had a lot of decisions or something. But I remember hating it.

Conversely, I enjoyed the heck out of UFC 206 and to this day consider it the most underrated card.

I need to rewatch both and compare my memories of the feels to how I would perceive them now, though.

EDIT: Oh shit, you said regardless of how it turned out... yeah, I don't know. It's such a mush between all the fight nights and everything.

Last edited:
so many bad cards out there. If i had to come up with a terrible card it would be:

Nunes vs Pena 2
Rose vs Esparza 3
Paul Craig vs Rakic
Belal vs Brady
Allen vs Emmett

Has to be UFC 23, that was a bad one. UFC 24 was really bad too and then the main event was cancelled on the walk outs as Randleman fell over on the floor walking to the octagon. I was so bummed out at UFC 24

so many bad cards out there. If i had to come up with a terrible card it would be:

Nunes vs Pena 2
Rose vs Esparza 3
Paul Craig vs Rakic
Belal vs Brady
Allen vs Emmett
Sounds solid

The War of 04…

Looking back on it now, there were some future stars on the card, but at the time a lot of us were talking about how bad the card was…

Turned out to be a pretty good card in the end.

I remember that distinctly. We were hoping for this huge special card and on paper it was eh. But ended up just fine at least.I think Mezger had a stroke or something crazy. But ended up just fine at least. Cote was a weird replacement.

I really want an old school section of the forum where all we talk about is the fun old stuff instead of 100s of threads that Ali abdelaziz made a post on Twitter for example.

That McGregor vs Cerrone card was so bad that was the day i decided to stop paying for PPV's. Next one I paid for after that was when Diaz fought Leon Edwards.

Before it occurred, UFC 37 was getting absolutely TRASHED by the MMA media at the time (all 5 of them). Headlines like, "With all the sex appeal of an '82 K-Car, UFC 37 comes to town", were very common beforehand. For those that haven't seen it, the event was freakin' awesome. The lesson you can take away from that is it is extremely difficult to predict the quality of the fights from the names on the card.

UFC 72 with Franklin vs Okami was another one that stands out in terms of the name value of the fighters being pretty poor at the time (with the exception of Ace) but the fights being pretty damn good, save Colin Robinson's armbar attempt. No you don't know who he is and yes, you need to see it to believe it.

Dang, someone here has me beat. I wasn't around for UFC 37 (I think my first event was 38 or 39)

I don't remember the armbar. Against Eddie Sanchez right?

EDIT: Having trouble finding it.

For whatever reason, I have a memory of a feeling of hating UFC 137, but the card looks good on paper, it's weird. I think it had a lot of decisions or something. But I remember hating it.

Conversely, I enjoyed the heck out of UFC 206 and to this day consider it the most underrated card.

I need to rewatch both and compare my memories of the feels to how I would perceive them now, though.

EDIT: Oh shit, you said regardless of how it turned out... yeah, I don't know. It's such a mush between all the fight nights and everything.
It has to be 151...
It was so bad, that when they lost the main event, they flat out canceled it. because it was so bad, no replacement would make it PPV-worthy.

UFC 200.

UFC 151 was better because I actually wanted to see Jones v Henderson. They cancelled the card instead of embarassaing themselves like they did with UFC 200.

The Jiri vs Glover card was being shit on by casuals

But holy shit, it was one of the best PPVs of all time, capped off by one of the greatest fights of all time.

ComfortableRespectfulAngwantibo-max-1mb.gif

the fact you shit on on casuals for criticizing the card and then go on to say that sloppy, embarrassing shit-show that was Jiri-Glover was "one of the greatest fights of all time" is just....hilariously ironic.

ComfortableRespectfulAngwantibo-max-1mb.gif

the fact you shit on on casuals for criticizing the card and then go on to say that sloppy, embarrassing shit-show that was Jiri-Glover was "one of the greatest fights of all time" is just....hilariously ironic.
It was. It was entertaining for the whole 24 and a half minutes that it lasted.

Sorry that you want to try and be a pre-2010 elitist, or edgy or whatever, but to pretend like that fight wasn't a non-stop banger and one of the best fights of all time is just silly.

Dang, someone here has me beat. I wasn't around for UFC 37 (I think my first event was 38 or 39)

I don't remember the armbar. Against Eddie Sanchez right?

EDIT: Having trouble finding it.

Yeah, it was. Get Fightpass and be amazed. Rogan was just shitting on Big C for a good minute after that abortion of an armbar attempt. It's good stuff.

Back