What was your first concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are these smaller bands and what city are we talking ? Come on baby talk that punk rock to me

Oh man. This was easily 20+ years ago in South Texas (Corpus Christi), and I would be hard pressed to remember who any of the smaller bands were. I made trips to Austin/San Antonio whenver someone bigger was coming by. A few of them became semi popular I guess (Size 14, 30 Ft Fall, Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish). I saw Blink 182 before they went mainstream. This was during my high school years. I moved up to Dallas for college and started hitting up some bigger shows as they came through. I spent my nights in Deep Ellum hitting up whatever shows came through. I got to see Blink 182 again, NOFX, Less Than Jake, Anti Flag, Dropkick Murphys, Unwritten Law. Tons of bands I either forgot names of or never even caught their name to begin with.

Oh man. This was easily 20+ years ago in South Texas (Corpus Christi), and I would be hard pressed to remember who any of the smaller bands were. I made trips to Austin/San Antonio whenver someone bigger was coming by. A few of them became semi popular I guess (Size 14, 30 Ft Fall, Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish). I saw Blink 182 before they went mainstream. This was during my high school years. I moved up to Dallas for college and started hitting up some bigger shows as they came through. I spent my nights in Deep Ellum hitting up whatever shows came through. I got to see Blink 182 again, NOFX, Less Than Jake, Anti Flag, Dropkick Murphys, Unwritten Law. Tons of bands I either forgot names of or never even caught their name to begin

Thats why I had to ask . I saw a lot of those acts before they were huge as well and wanted to see that list of whos whos . I too have sadly forgotten way to many bands that I have seen over the years but when you go weekly they add up

Thats why I had to ask . I saw a lot of those acts before they were huge as well and wanted to see that list of whos whos . I too have sadly forgotten way to many bands that I have seen over the years but when you go weekly they add up
Oh yeah and Bad Religion. How could I forget. My favorite band for years. I saw them 3-4 times I think.

First show without my parents was AFI - Art of Drowning Tour 05.05.2001

Last edited:
First i remember as a kid was Chubby Checker at a local type carnival thing.

A local group called Engine #9 at the bowling alley in my home town.. I was 13 and it was the craziest shit id ever been apart of

First real concert was KISS farewell tour in Raleigh, I think I was 12 or 13.

A local group called Engine #9 at the bowling alley in my home town.. I was 13 and it was the craziest shit id ever been apart of
Wonder if the Deftones song is named after them

I'll never forget it

Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, Skeleton Witch and Chthonic.

Thought my kidney was gonna explode got destroyed first time in the pit ahhh good times.

What was yours?

I am ashamed to admit it was Poison at Merriweather Post Pavilion. I was only 14 and my cousin gave myself and my other cousin tickets for free. It's a good memory even though it was Poison.

Last edited:
I am ashamed to admit it was Poison at Merriweather Post Pavilion. I was only 14 and my cousin gave myself and my other cousin tickets for free. It's a good memory even though it was Poison.

Around what year? Poison seems like they'd be awesome to see in the 80's.

Joe Walsh when I was about 11. First concert I went to on my own was stone temple pilots. They had just released core and started touring on it. 1993 or 94 I think

Linkin Park.

IDGAF I was in seventh grade and I saw a few women flash the crowd.

Officially, I think it was Edgefest at Molson Park in Barrie. I believe Creed headlined.

Creed....*shutter*

If that wasn't enough, Nickleback was playing on the second stage, 'cause they weren't shit at that time.

So yeah, Nickleback and Creed. I repeat, Nickleback and Creed...

I'm more of a Stage Play guy these days. Don't go to many concerts anymore.

Daniel Barenboim playing Beethoven piano sonatas in Vienna

Set me on the path of blowing wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back