What's next for Dustin?

If we're talking legacy, I think WW would be a really bad idea unless he's fighting LWs who got tired of cutting weight like Nick Diaz, which wouldn't do much for legacy.

If we'te talking money and/or "fun" fights with a lot of promotional potential, he's actually got a lot of options. Nate, Conor 4, and Colby are his best bets, though Colby would probably be a really bad night for him, and he'd have a better chance of building momentum off of another Conor win or a Diaz beatdown.

I feel like fighting Chandler, especially after the cred Michael got off the Gaethje fight, would be be best combination of legacy and money/fun for Poirier.

Realistically, Conor.
The last fight straight up ended super flukey with an injury, otherwise I'd say fuck no Conor can kick rocks. I'd watch it
Then, with a win he can either try to knock off another contender and go for another LW shot or move up where he could probably get fast tracked to a title elimination fight
With champs like glover, Oliveria, bisping, Lawler, pena, ECT there's no reason to be under the mindset of that was it. He still is very capable of being champion and I hope he has people on his side reminding him of this.
It's not like he got straight manhandled again like khabib either, he almost pulled it off..he just needs time to reflect and accept it and move on

Even he doesn't know...

Two options really ..

Move up to 170 and fight Colby and do a title campaign there or retire and make hot sauce..

Dude has nothing left to prove or do in the sport but im for him continuing to fight if he wants but the weight cuts gotta go...end his career at 170 with some good eaten and maybe a title

I just want that Colby fight before he retires, doesn't have to be next....
Maybe if Colby can make 155, the way he's been trying to get a smaller guy to go up and fight him is quite embarrasing even if Dustin has mentioned a move to WW

he'll dust himself off and be back in title contention within a year and fight a better fight next time.

This like in the case of NBK might have just killed all his desire. He has more than enough money. I’m sure he’ll always be available for Conor. But, Conor is obviously no longer interested. Which any fool could have predicted.

If there are any decent money fights out there we might see him back. But, if he walked away, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Good luck with whatever he does.
Yeah, I get that vibe as well. That Lawler lose really crushed Condit’s spirit.

A fight with Nate would be cool. Or mas?

Chandler, McGregor, maybe loser of Islam vs Dariush

I'd like to see the Chandler scrap, would be fun.

He has options a 4th Conor fight or seeking another money fight in Nate Diaz.

Rankings fight? Chandler makes sense

Or hell even waiting to see if a Gaethje fight materialises

1010451506.0.jpg

At Welterweight

Since he's out of the title picture I'd expect Dustin to be out for awhile until a $$$ fight presents itself (nate or conor) most like.

Lots of options

Max Holloway 3

He could fight Chandler

Tony Fergeson would sell tickets

Maybe even Diaz

Dustin is a name

To hold his spot near the top I’d say Chandler. If he wants to make some money I’d say Mcgregor, Diaz, or Masvidal and he could fight any of those guys at 170 and save himself the weight cut.

It's a tough spot.
I would say, if he doesn't retire, then fight a top ranked fighter, and we'll see. If he wins (against Chandler for example), he would still be there for another title shot in case Oliveira loses next.

You serious dude?
95240590bd2b5d0f839e0dd3fb0393af07f771b2.jpg

ezgif-2-ba364f466553.gif

conor-mcgregor-knocked-out.jpg

First match was a fair win for Dustin and that is what you are posting which is fine. But 3rd match did not end properly. We need to see a proper conclusion.

Back