What's the best STEAK you ever had? Did YOU cook? Restaurant? Someone you know?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
What was the best steak restaurant you've ever had in your life? Was it something you cooked or someone you know? Was it from a restaurant?

How much was it?

Best steak I've ever had came from a local butcher. I cooked it sous vide and then seared it in butter. That was two weeks ago.

Maestro's Ocean Club

Newport Beach, Top of the World, California

From an Argentinian place in Mexico City called La Rural. Definitely THE BEST steak I've ever had. And I've had them all over.
Went back a couple of years later and it was still great but not as good as that one time.

Grilled, rare, deer meat.

Shit was so good.

Nothing like a good Pilifine steak. Grilled to perfection.

IlCLKHL.jpg

At Applebee's right now waiting on a 6oz sirloin. This could be it!

A5 Wagyu Beef in Tokyo and Osaka.

60 day dry aged prime rib seasoned with coarse kosher salt and black pepper, revearse seared in a cast iron pan with butter after smoking with pecan at 225 for a couple of hours until it reached an internal temp of 120.

60 day dry aged prime rib seasoned with coarse kosher salt and black pepper, revearse seared in a cast iron pan with butter after smoking with pecan at 225 for a couple of hours until it reached an internal temp of 120.

As much as I like rare steak, that almost sounds dangerous. I think 120 for 2 hours puts that into the window of temps where bacteria can double rapidly. I'm going to try and look that up.

As much as I like rare steak, that almost sounds dangerous. I think 120 for 2 hours puts that into the window of temps where bacteria can double rapidly. I'm going to try and look that up.

Sous vide takes longer and it's considered the best way to consistently cook a steak perfectly.

Final temp for my steaks is usually between 130-135 after searing.

Sous vide takes longer and it's considered the best way to consistently cook a steak perfectly.

It's my favorite way to cook steak. It's right around 2 hours of cook time and then 30 seconds per side for the sear. It's the easiest way to cook steak.

This is such a hipster answer. Deer doesn't have the fat content to compete with beef.
hey now. Best steak is like asking for best blow job. The worst is adequate, and the best is too good to be true. I’ll eat the shit out of a cow. I’ll also bone a heffer to compensate.

Some special limited-time ultra premium cut at Alexanders in San Jose.

Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Fantastic.

Mastro’s Beverly Hills. But my co-worker brought in some 60 hour sous vide tri-trip yesterday that was fucking bomb.

It's my favorite way to cook steak. It's right around 2 hours of cook time and then 30 seconds per side for the sear. It's the easiest way to cook steak.

It's great, I was just saying if you're worried about bacteria smoking is no less sanitary.

Back