Television What's the best TV series in the last 5 years?

Out of these TV series - Which 4 are the best?

• Total voters
In no particular order:

Ted Lasso
The Bear
After Life
Sex Education

you are missing Barry badly from that list.
Holy fuck, how could I forget?

Great callout.
1*lGu_Z82mfc9veBFGFqwaug@2x.jpeg

This is the correct answer, and its not even in the poll.

@Takes_Two_To_Tango Add it, and then go watch it. Its 6 hours split between 9 episodes, so you better plan to binge watch it all.

Don't do what I did, by watching the 1st episode at 9pm thinking I'd watch two or 3 episodes. Then by 3am I'm planning my hourly fixxes of caffeine throughout my day at work.
Yeah, The Last Dance was incredible, but I can never compare documentaries to fictional works. I think Barry, Arcane, and Invincible would be much better placed in the poll, and I'd be willing to vote again if Tango cleared it.

Mare of Easttown isn't going to get any votes on Sherdog. If we're going to include great shows that our demographic won't vote for, based on critical acclaim, The Crown appears to be more deserving. And I bet Loki could be cleared to make space, it will be lucky to get a any votes, zero so far, show wrecked its promising start almost immediately-- trash.

I'm surprised I hear so little chatter about Succession. Seems like a show that would resonate with our demographics.

Yeah, The Last Dance was incredible, but I can never compare documentaries to fictional works. I think Barry, Arcane, and Invincible would be much better placed in the poll, and I'd be willing to vote again if Tango cleared it.

This, and also I'm not a fan of comparing mini-series to regular series.

Mini-series have a definite beginning, 1st act, 2nd act, 3rd act, and ending.... with no plans to continue it with a 2nd season.

They couldn't make a Chernobyl 2 if they wanted.
And with historical mini-series, the history has already been written, its a matter of turning it into a show.

I'd say creating an on-going fictional series would be significantly more difficult than a historical mini-series.

I voted Dark, Shogun and Chernobyl. Chernobyl is the best and S class out of everything mentioned in this thread and whoever said it is not close, it really isn't.

Dark and Chernobyl are easy votes for me. I also voted The Bear and Mando however I haven’t seen s3 of Mando still. Its probably between Andor and Mando for that #4 spot.

Where's Warrior, Cobra Kai and Gangs of London?

Booooooo you. Can't understand how anyone ever could equate Yellowstone to SOA . Just turrible. <{nope}>
Yellowstone has much superior characters, acting, and cinematography. The cowboy lifestyle is also presented beautifully. The show gets over the top at times, but I love it.

Cobra Kai - Not on this list?? you gotta be kidding me!
The Boys - tough to beat that one
Mandalorian - especially if you are a star wars fan

The Last of Us HBO series was good. Not great.

The first two episodes were awesome, and it seemed like 80% of the effort and budget was put in those 2 episodes as the bait.... and the switch was the rest of the season being complete mediocrity, at best.

I thought Midnight Mass was one of the best shows I've seen in awhile
I thought that was middle of the road, but that does remind me I forgot another show that would easily make my post; the far superior previous work from that same showrunner. Greatest ghost story ever told. Although technically both would count as a miniseries like Chernobyl or The Queen's Gambit.
haunting-hill-house-poster.jpg

And if we start talking about documentaries I bet this one would get as many nods on Sherdog as The Last Dance or Our Planet.
TigerKingPoster-608x900.jpg

Oh, yet another animated series we're all forgetting. Animation has been on fire. Star Wars: The Bad Batch is another very strong show. While I wouldn't argue it a legitimate candidate for the best show of the last five years, it has gotten progressively stronger as the series has gone on (while The Mandalorian has gotten progressively worse).
love-death-robots-poster.jpg

Chernobyl
Dark
House of the Dragon
Barry

Dark and Chernobyl easy too 2. Andor was good. I thought House of Dragons and Mando were boring AF. The Last of Is was decent but they wasted time with gay love story episode that had fuck all to do with the plot. Reacher was decent.

A few of these thay are getting lots of votes I have not seen. I think I do have the streaming services for them.

Chernobyl... is that a documentary or is it actors and character based? Whats the deal? Everyone seems to love it. Which platform has it?

The Boys ( prime right?)

Dark... (netflix?)
is this is English?
I thought it was a Norwegian or something like that.
Is it dubbed? Subtitles?
I watched the whole girl who kicked the thing and hacks computers and has adventures and shit trilogy with Noomi Rapace. I liked that way better than the English one (which I turned off) so I guess i am open to subtitles if it is good enough.

A few of these thay are getting lots of votes I have not seen. I think I do have the streaming services for them.

Chernobyl... is that a documentary or is it actors and character based? Whats the deal? Everyone seems to love it. Which platform has it?

The Boys ( prime right?)

Dark... (netflix?)
is this is English?
I thought it was a Norwegian or something like that.
Is it dubbed? Subtitles?
I watched the whole girl who kicked the thing and hacks computers and has adventures and shit trilogy with Noomi Rapace. I liked that way better than the English one (which I turned off) so I guess i am open to subtitles if it is good enough.

Dark is a German show on Netflix. They have dubbed version which isn’t bad but I definitely suggest watching in German with subtitles.

Last edited:
Back