Whats the deal with UFC on ESPN 5?

Only big fight is Colby vs Lawler. The rest of the card is a bunch of no names. Also, why is the fight card starting at 3 pm EST? It's in New Jersey. Aren't these ESPN cards supposed to be stacked?

How is an ESPN card going to be stacked, if they're putting together shitty PPV cards?

I wanted to attend this card but theres not 1 other fight besides the main event I'm excited for.I wouldn't even make the drive if I got free tix.

Only big fight is Colby vs Lawler. The rest of the card is a bunch of no names. Also, why is the fight card starting at 3 pm EST? It's in New Jersey. Aren't these ESPN cards supposed to be stacked?

Not sure what the UFC is doing with this one. Thoughts?
3 pm EDT, not EST. Standard Time doesn't return until November 3rd.

For sure. It's definitely a watered down the product. They had 39 events in 2018 compared to 24 in 2010 (Which is the year I think the UFC peaked)..

24 events a year seems to be the sweet spot..

Less is sometimes more...

Bingo. The 2009-2011 era was so good. Then they just started to pile on the cards. 2014 had 46, or one every 8 days.

Personally I'd be happiest if they had 2 events a month, one free, and one PPV, for a total of 24 a year.

The problem is the UFC was bought out by a conglomerate of investors. These investors want their money back plus a bunch more. In order to do this they give us an inferior product and raise the price of said product in hopes that the consumer will continue to buy the product. Why give us stacked cards for $39.99 when we will buy watered down cards for $59.99 with an espn + subscription

That Saturday night is the Football hall of Fame inductions. NFL trumps UFC on ESPN.

Bingo. The 2009-2011 era was so good. Then they just started to pile on the cards. 2014 had 46, or one every 8 days.

Personally I'd be happiest if they had 2 events a month, one free, and one PPV, for a total of 24 a year.

No disrespect intended, my friend, but fuck that noise. The more MMA the better as far as I'm concerned. I love the current status quo of three to four UFC events per month.

I'm used to UFC cards barely having even just one fight I'm interested in.

Back