Whats the most undeserving TS in history?

If we're taking the scenario out of the equation it'd be Al Iaquinta getting a TS vs Khabib. 3 fights in 3 years & ranked #11 at the time

Khabib dominated him without any issue

Yeaaaah. This. It was pretty much a case of the show must go on.

that girl they brought in for cyborg to destroy

it was her debut; no idea on her name though

Justin Eilers vs Arlovski

1-1 in the UFC, coming off a KO loss.

Randy made a career on underserved title shots

Probably dustin vs khabib
Wow... I can't believe anybody believes this.
5 wins in a row, 2 being former champions in the same weight class, 1 being a champion in the same weight class from another org, and last is the [then] current champion of the weight class right below. and ferguson was injured.

YOU'RE A MAD MAN IF YOU CAN'T THINK OF LESS DESERVING TITLESHOTS.

Conor got his ts after fighting Siver... DENNIS SIVER!!!
Brock was 2-1 before his ts... LIKE HIS WHOLE FUCKING RECORD WAS 2-1...

Wow... I can't believe anybody believes this.
5 wins in a row, 2 being former champions in the same weight class, 1 being a champion in the same weight class from another org, and last is the [then] current champion of the weight class right below. and ferguson was injured.

YOU'RE A MAD MAN IF YOU CAN'T THINK OF LESS DESERVING TITLESHOTS.

Conor got his ts after fighting Siver... DENNIS SIVER!!!
Brock was 2-1 before his ts... LIKE HIS WHOLE FUCKING RECORD WAS 2-1...
Wrong

hendo vs bisping is obvious.

Also shogun vs machida

You gotta throw Nick Diaz in there coming of a loss to Condit and getting GSP while Hendricks was on a 5 fight win streak. Hendricks fought Condit on the same card GSP fought Nick.

Joe Soto. Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. The guy was making his UFC debut and was unranked.

Eazy.

No Rush: he got the TS for his 2nd fight, from Stephane Patry, (UCC CEO &.... No Rush´s Manager!) to fight Justin Bruckmann.... He got the TS after a highly controversial BS endin´in his 1st fight against Menjivar (No Rush himself acknowledged at the end of the fight that he considered it a NC )...

Undeserved & Shaddy.

Lol no, completely wrong. He was a last minute fill in and didn't have a good record at lhw

For the fight that didn't happen. I'm talking about the one that did. And yeah he had a shitty record at LHW, didn't stop people begging for the fight.

Nick getting to get beat up by gsp.nick had no chance.

I think mentioning super late replacements is unfair. For example Soto was literally on 24 hours notice.

Dan Henderson vs Bisping comes to mind.

Also, McGregor vs Alvarez was fairly undeserved even if he dominated, going 1-1 vs Nate Diaz isn't really a great shout for a title shot, especially because it held up contenders in 2 stacked divisions.

Brock Lesnar and there isn't a close second

Chael replacing an injured Hendo isn't nearly as bad as Lesnar (1-1 in the UFC at the time) getting a title shot.

I agree they really rushed Brock Lesnar for a title shot. But that's because he was a big draw, he was more universally acclaimed than any UFC fighter at that time.. All the UFC saw was dollar signs and that's all that mattered.

Back