What's the Worst Chain Restaurant in Your Country?

No Jollibee is not better than Jack in the Box. Stop going to jack in the box for tacos, their tacos are bad for a reason - they are meant for stoned people and borderline homeless people.

Their burgers are bad too. And so are their fries. The oil tastes bad. And how would you know Jollibee is not better? You've never eaten there. Jollibee chicken is better than both.

Last edited:
No idea how Applebee's or TGI Fridays are still in business.

Little Caesars has made a comeback big time here because it is so damn cheap. It is just some nasty extremely poor quality food. I would be ashamed to try it again. All fast food in general is pretty bad quality so when I get the itch I just go to in and out burger.

Apple bees, chili's, and olive garden are just down right atrocious. I don't go to a sit down restaurant often but when I do go somewhere that cost a little more but has more pride in what they serve.

Best sit down chain is probably famous Dave's bbq, or red robin

Had a bad Maid Rite experience yesterday and they are really slipping. Closing up in a lot of locations and giving people their orders to go incorrectly lately.

I've only been to Applebee's a couple times, I don't remember it being THAT bad lol

I'll keep that in mind. Tim Horton's is spreading here in the US.

Tim Horton's isn't that great but to call it the worst isn't fair at all. Their coffee fucking sucks and they only have one god damn kind, can't even get a dark roast, yet people line up across the block to get it (at least around here). Their donuts are pretty good I think, i particularly like the apple fritters. Their chilli isn't too bad either and it's pretty cheap. As for the soup and sandwich, those also aren't too bad I mean a turkey sandwich literally only has a bun, turkey roll, bacon, lettuce and tomato and it's at least decent. Perhaps the Tim's around here are a bit better than elsewhere (no idea how that would be) but I wouldn't call them the worst by any stretch.

To me the worst sit-downs I have experienced are Boston Pizza and Montana's. It's laughable how bad Boston Pizza's food is and they also stopped showing the UFC in them here a few years ago which is the only reason to ever go. I honestly have never had a worse steak in my life than I had at Montana's and for them to have "steakhouse" on the sign in neon lights is fucking hilarious. It took them 30 minutes to give us water one time there, I mean how fucking hard is it to put tap water in a mason jar and dress it up with a slice of lemon?

Tim Horton's isn't that great but to call it the worst isn't fair at all. Their coffee fucking sucks and they only have one god damn kind, can't even get a dark roast, yet people line up across the block to get it (at least around here). Their donuts are pretty good I think, i particularly like the apple fritters. Their chilli isn't too bad either and it's pretty cheap. As for the soup and sandwich, those also aren't too bad I mean a turkey sandwich literally only has a bun, turkey roll, bacon, lettuce and tomato and it's at least decent. Perhaps the Tim's around here are a bit better than elsewhere (no idea how that would be) but I wouldn't call them the worst by any stretch.

To me the worst sit-downs I have experienced are Boston Pizza and Montana's. It's laughable how bad Boston Pizza's food is and they also stopped showing the UFC in them here a few years ago which is the only reason to ever go. I honestly have never had a worse steak in my life than I had at Montana's and for them to have "steakhouse" on the sign in neon lights is fucking hilarious. It took them 30 minutes to give us water one time there, I mean how fucking hard is it to put tap water in a mason jar and dress it up with a slice of lemon?

I haven't eaten at Tim Horton's in 10 or 12 years. I also don't drink coffee. I've yet to go into one here in the US. There are some in Maine along I-95 and a couple outside of Boston but I can't see how they move into Dunkin Donuts' turf in Beantown. There are just as many DDs in Boston as you have Tim Horton's in a larger Canadian city.

RE: Montana's

Never been to one. Well - maybe I have. There used to be a very popular bar on John street in Toronto called the Amsterdam (used to be packed with hot chicks). In the 90s it changed to Montana's. I wonder if that is the what became the chain.

The worst chain restaurants in Florida are the ones in the service plazas on the Turnpike; Sbarro, Burger King, Popeye's, etc. Their prices are all marked up and the quality/service is significantly marked down because they know they have a bit of a monopoly going. If you're driving the Turnpike and don't want to risk exiting off and getting lost looking for a place to eat, you pretty much have to eat at the service plazas lol

I tried Applebee's after not going there for years and it was terrible. Bad food, worse service. Will not go back. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...well you ain't gonna fool me twice.

Little Caesars has made a comeback big time here because it is so damn cheap. It is just some nasty extremely poor quality food. I would be ashamed to try it again.

Caesars is sold to poor families, and poor college kids and it's fucking awful. I can't say enough about how bad that pizza is. Every time I bash them, someone always chimes in with, you can't beat $5 pizza.

Applebee's. I was younger, perhaps 17 - I went there with my girlfriend and she got a club sandwich. The bacon on it was raw. We talked to the manager, and he told us that "that is how people eat bacon in the north." We told him we didn't want to pay for it, and he said that he was going to call the police. I am 36 now and I have never eaten in an Applebee's since.

I'm old enough to remember Pizza Hut in the 1980s, so different than today. Their business model has changed, a lot of locations are pick up or delivery with no dine-in. From my experience here in San Diego the locations with sit down service are so much better than the carry-out/delivery only locations that they are like separate entities.

Anyway, most of my pop warner football & little league baseball teams were either sponsored by a local Round Table Pizza or Pizza Hut (parents of two teammates owned a franchise of each, I guess sometimes it became a heated issue on who was going to be the sponsor when both kids were on the same team. And I remember one pop warner season both kids were on my team along with a kid whose family owned a local miniature golf course/arcade/bumper boats/go kart place. That season was AWESOME).

I remember Pizza Hut being awesome in the 80's. Sit down, checkered table cloth. My dad would get a pitcher of beer. Pac Man on the sit down arcade in the front. :icon_lol:

Applebee's. I was younger, perhaps 17 - I went there with my girlfriend and she got a club sandwich. The bacon on it was raw. We talked to the manager, and he told us that "that is how people eat bacon in the north." We told him we didn't want to pay for it, and he said that he was going to call the police. I am 36 now and I have never eaten in an Applebee's since.
I'm from New York and I like my bacon extra crispy. That manager is a complete dick

lol pretty shrewd move by that scoundrel manager

FRANKIE 総統;88760811 said:
Caesars is sold to poor families, and poor college kids and it's fucking awful. I can't say enough about how bad that pizza is. Every time I bash them, someone always chimes in with, you can't beat $5 pizza.

Because you can't. Ever try it with that spicy cheese sauce stuff? Fucking amazing. Terrible for you and probably processed to holy hell, but it's a cheap ton of relatively tasty food.

Because you can't. Ever try it with that spicy cheese sauce stuff? Fucking amazing. Terrible for you and probably processed to holy hell, but it's a cheap ton of relatively tasty food.

sure you can. i agree with who you are quoting. little ceasars is poison. im as cheap as they get, i only buy off dollar menus, but i have refused to eat any pizza from little ceasars for the past year, and my family buys at least once a week from there in which i never touch anything but the bread sticks.

their sauce is a abomination, it tastes like spoiled shit, and gives me the absolute worst indigestion ever. as for their cheese, i dont think it can qualify as cheese. maybe its made out of donkey milk i0no, but that shit is horrid.

just look at what happens to their pizza after 3 or 4 hours, shit turns into cardboard, the cheese goes all transparent looking and the pizza just looks rotted. at least pizza hut/papa johns/even the horrid places like dominos/cicis still taste good hours after buying, but not from ceasars even if you warm it up in the oven their pizza becomes nothing but cardboard with no taste at all, and a huge danger to teeth.

as for the "you cant be a $5 pizza" quote goes, cici's charges 4.99 for a buffet, that aside id rather take a red baron/tombstone/culinary circle pizza over ceasars any day of the week. you can mostly find tombstones/redbarons in super markets for under $3.50, $3.33 normally, occaisonally $2.50-2.99. if you ask me, thats so much a better deal then what ceasars offers, and tastes better, also a lot easier on ones insides.

We have an applebees here that smelled like body odor and old people all of the time then they remodeled it and the smell is gone. Still don't eat there, i just go there to drink while I wait for a table for the restaurant next door.

Going to Applebees tonight for a few beers with an old buddy. I'm sure I'll have a pleasant time.. I've been to Applebees in 4 different states, and probably at least 10-15 different locations. I've never, not ever, had a problem with the food being poor or the service being shitty. Maybe I have always been lucky, but I like it there. The food has always been at least good, if not better. They have seasonal Sam Adams, which is good.

FRANKIE 総統;88760811 said:

That pizza is nasty as hell.

I will say that their crazy bread is good though

I wouldnt touch little Caesars pizza with a ten foot pole though.

Id rather buy a red baron for 4 bucks at the grocery store than eat little caesars

Back