What's Wilders problem?

wilder clearly lost because his walk out coat weighed 250lbs, his coach spiked his water, and tyson fury had horseshoes in his gloves.

next time he's walking out butt naked with a new trainer and a metal detector. fury is getting laid out in 4 rounds.
IMG_20210701_130222.jpg

and why do people still support him?

Personally I felt it was pretty obvious that, towards the end of the first fight, Tyson Fury worked out that Wilder couldn't fight going backwards. He built a gameplan around that in the second fight and Wilder had no answer.

Yet online I see a lot of chatter with people saying Wilder is coming for revenge/will KO fury this time. Well that and accusing Fury of cheating.

In any event if Wilder hasn't acknowledged the reason he lost then I see no way he can correct it.

It's kinda wierd that some people fixate on the theory around his gloves yet disregard all the other BS excuses he's put out.

I actually like Wilders backstory but unless he's learned to box going backwards he's wasting his time when he meets Fury again...

Wilder was actually out jabbing Fury and landing his power punches beating Fury, but Wilder lost his legs and was gassed, he couldn't even throw a punch because he wasn't use to Fury's weight leaning on him, Wilder should've paced himself clinching and turning Fury until Fury gassed himself out, Ali would've made Fury wear himself out carrying those extra pounds while Ali made Fury try and knock him out, but Wilder didn't use this game plan, he thought he would just eventually land a flush shot and Fury would just run into it, but Wilder was gassed and got stopped on his feet.

It's not like Wilder can't adjust & fight smart then late in the fight stop Fury if Fury wants to try and Gorge Foreman Wilder, by trying to knock him out him following him around the ring, Wilder is good enough to beat Fury at this weight game and that type of fight, he's shown that he could hold his own early in a dog fight against Fury, but out boxing Fury isn't happening, Wilder can't do this because he doesn't have the skills but anybody can out-slug anybody in a dog fight with no worries, unless Fury is going to show incredible inside fighting skills head movement and smarts but he's not, that's not his game plan, it's to Gorge Foreman Wilder into a knock out.

I've never seen a fighter take a loss as badly as Wilder, not even Rousey. Usually when that happens, the rematch goes even worse, and the deluded and in denial fighter often tries to totally change the things that made them successful in the first place. The one silver lining for Wilder is Tyson is a head case and is his own worst enemy; it's conceivable he gets lazy, too complacent, looses the fire and Wilder catches him. Tyson is a great fighter while working for the impossible, but not the type of champion that will be at his best defending his title 20 times and beating guys he already beat. I believe even big John Fury said that he was really worried for this fight, and he has been prophetic with Tyson's career.

If Wilder wins, it will more be a case of Tyson beating him own self vs Wilder's superiority.
Stop this nonsense. Youre saying Wilders taking it worse than someone who went off the deep end and quit a sport then go on to say “if he wins……”. Absolutely silly.

Making excuses before they even step in the ring. If he wins its because he buried his fist in Fury’s face. Simple as that.

I just saw that van zant or whoever girl in a headline claiming she felt suicidal after her loss, rousey did too. It's what happens when you have people who are too inexperienced for the level they are at. And, yes, they are women too so it's even more an emotional reaction. But. Wilder is similar in that he's not equipped, skillwise or emotionally for the level he is at. I don't know why that needs to be repeated so often.

I have to think about how both Arthur Ashe and Muhammad Ali both cried when they lost as kids. Of course, that's perfectly acceptable but Ash and Ali knew how ridiculous that would look as a grown man. Arthur said you don't cry, you just go on to the next game. Ali lost against Frazier and other than trying to sway the public that he won, he dealt with it well and he moved on, fighting maybe as much as any top heavyweight of the era until he got the title back. No one likes losing but at some point, you have to accept it and move on, try to beat the same guy later or make up for the loss.

I have to think about how both Arthur Ashe and Muhammad Ali both cried when they lost as kids. Of course, that's perfectly acceptable but Ash and Ali knew how ridiculous that would look as a grown man. Arthur said you don't cry, you just go on to the next game. Ali lost against Frazier and other than trying to sway the public that he won, he dealt with it well and he moved on, fighting maybe as much as any top heavyweight of the era until he got the title back. No one likes losing but at some point, you have to accept it and move on, try to beat the same guy later or make up for the loss.
And here he is, about to try again, yet folks are still pouring it on him lol. He acted like a nutjob, but the dude is ready to run it back with someone who beat the dog shit out of him and literally embarrassed him. My hat is off to anyone who is willing to do that.

(Doesnt make his excuses and conspiracy theories any better, but the keyboard warriors who have never even laced gloves up calling him a mental midget is hilarious.)

Ultimately, it is super fun to cheer for a guy that basically so many people want to just write off. Fury wasn't exactly known for having a huge gas tank 20lbs under this weight either.
Fury made a great adjustment in the second fight coming in and fighting big. Now it is fun to see if Deontay can make an adjustment to that adjustment. To believe Deontay has zero chance in this fight is obviously stupid. I quite like both guys but in this situation I would not bet on Tyson coming in his best self while this is Deontay's career. The motivation for this fight is highly asymmetric in Deontay's favor.

And here he is, about to try again, yet folks are still pouring it on him lol. He acted like a nutjob, but the dude is ready to run it back with someone who beat the dog shit out of him and literally embarrassed him. My hat is off to anyone who is willing to do that.

(Doesnt make his excuses and conspiracy theories any better, but the keyboard warriors who have never even laced gloves up calling him a mental midget is hilarious.)
my hat isn't off to him, it's his hurt ego, that's all. That isn't going to help him in the next fight. The fans don't listen though, boxers have pretty much been saying the same thing about him that I do and the fans just brush it off. I just hope he can handle losing again, i wouldn't want to see him become a drug addict or join an army, or anything wacky.

my hat isn't off to him, it's his hurt ego, that's all. That isn't going to help him in the next fight. The fans don't listen though, boxers have pretty much been saying the same thing about him that I do and the fans just brush it off. I just hope he can handle losing again, i wouldn't want to see him become a drug addict or join an army, or anything wacky.
Well enjoy sitting high and mighty behind your keyboard, but its easier to fade off into being an every day person than it is to get back in the ring with someone who kicked the shit out of you in front of the world.

Not sure what youre on about with “the fans dont listen”. Pretty much everyone agrees hes a massive underdog and will lose again but ok.

Well enjoy sitting high and mighty behind your keyboard, but its easier to fade off into being an every day person than it is to get back in the ring with someone who kicked the shit out of you in front of the world.

Not sure what youre on about with “the fans dont listen”. Pretty much everyone agrees hes a massive underdog and will lose again but ok.
And that's why I wish the third fight was over, there wouldn't be anything to argue about. Damn you Fury and Covid.

It's gonna be even harder for him to "fade into the background " behind a keyboard or anywhere after his next loss. Some fans are just in denial. I suppose I have been at times too, but as a young fan who didn't know anything about the sport, I learned that who I like has no effect on who wins a fight. Have to be objective which is hard.

Back