• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

What's your favorite non-firearm self-defense weapon?

What's your favorite non-firearm self-defense weapon?

After watching a relatively recent Jet Li movie (his remake of Bruce Lee's movie), I would say that a belt is probably the last resort. Now supposedly he used it to beat his "boss" adversary wielding a Katana which is obviously a gross exaggeration, but I think a belt might be useful against someone pulling a knife.

Those martial arts canes seem pretty effective, but I don't carry a cane so a belt would likely be my own weapon. But I don't even wear a belt most of the time but I carry two mean baseball bats attached to my knee and I have heavy hands.

Common sense.

Avoiding situations which have the possibility of getting out of control, including finding yourself in bad neighborhoods, rough and rowdy bars, situations with criminal elements etc. is likely the best self defense tool in my opinion.

Im almost never armed, the closest I get is transporting my rifle from the range home. Which is not a common theme anymore. If im put in a position to defend myself, a significant chance I will be looking to use a little hong kong fuey lol.

Common sense.

Avoiding situations which have the possibility of getting out of control, including finding yourself in bad neighborhoods, rough and rowdy bars, situations with criminal elements etc. is likely the best self defense tool in my opinion.

Im almost never armed, the closest I get is transporting my rifle from the range home. Which is not a common theme anymore. If im put in a position to defend myself, a significant chance I will be looking to use a little hong kong fuey lol.

Common sense is overrated

Buzzkill. Everyone coming in here and talking about choking people out or outstriking them or being smart and avoiding conflict, PSHHHHH that's not how you play!

Double spiked tomahawks. There ain't a better melee weapon for when the zombie apocalypse comes!

The other thing I'm trained to fight with is my body so I guess I'll say a right cross.

metal pans, high end cutlery (devastating and durable), hammer, SawZall, and of course the good old chair

A knife, preferably a fixed blade of about 3" cutting edge. I'll stick with my pistol and lil benchmade folder for now though...

A swift kick to the balls.

Quick, efficient and immobilizing.

Never underestimate the damage potential of a simple ink pen. Legal to carry anywhere and devastating when used correctly.

Stab an assailant in the face like your arm's a sewing machine needle and see how he holds up.

Never underestimate the damage potential of a simple ink pen. Legal to carry anywhere and devastating when used correctly.

Stab an assailant in the face like your arm's a sewing machine needle and see how he holds up.

Go for the eyes

Go for the eyes

5244-9434.gif

"The pen, is mightier than the sword!"

Nicky Santoro approves this method.

One other nice non-firearm weapon is the stun gun.

Or, stick it up his nose and drag him around by it.

SAP gloves, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that my current employer is anti-baton. That said, it's technically against company policy for me to carry my SAP gloves and folding knife...

Last edited:
Back